Subject: [Lsr] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 21:36:22 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ nits ]]

[ section 1 ]
* "(e.g., SR-MPLS" is missing a closing parenthesis

[ section 3 ]
* "...unless all of its interfaces...":" do management interfaces, or other
  interfaces over which no forwarding is taking place, count in this definition
  of "all"?  If not, does this text need to be tightened or is this just one
  of those things all implementers will naturally figure out? (I'm actually
  betting this is just something readers will intuit.)

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:45:29 +0200

Hi Erik,

please see inline:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc/

yes, this has been fixed as a response to previous comments.

>    of "all"?  

no, only those over which forwarding happens should be considered.

> If not, does this text need to be tightened or is this just one

I would think so. It's kind of obvious that one would not take into 
consideration interfaces like loopback or other types over which real 
forwarding does not happen. The original text used line-cards instead of 
interfaces, but that was changed to interfaces based on comments from 
Alvaro.

If you insist, I can add a text to exclude the "non forwarding" 
interfaces, but I can see more questions coming in as a result :)

thanks,
Peter