Subject: [Lsr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 08:55:48 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is easy to read.

Please find below one non-blocking COMMENTs and two NITs.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENT ==

For my own curiosity, is there a possibility that a router receives conflicting
node capability via OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 (assuming that both are running over the
same network and using the same router-ID over OSPFv2 and OSPFv3) ?

== NITS ==

-- section 4 --
The "one" is ambiguous in "the router MUST advertise the smallest one." even if
we can guess that it is not "interface" ;-)

-- Sections 3 & 4 --
Is there a meaningful difference between the "advertizing" of section 3 and the
"signaling" of section 4?

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 19:19:52 +0200

Hi Eric,

please see inline:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc/

that would be a bug likely, as the capability is not specific to any of 
the protocol and they only act as messengers. But we can not mandate any 
cross protocols checking either.

> "signaling" of section 4?

not really. In IGPs we tend to use "advertise" more. If you prefer, I 
can change all to "advertise" or to "signal" for consistency.

thanks,
Peter