Subject: [Lsr] Murray Kucherawy's Abstain on draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 01:38:37 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-14: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm balloting ABSTAIN for the reasons cited by Warren (and, hence, Ben).

Some other unrelated comments:

I suggest asking IANA to review your IANA Considerations section sooner rather
than later to be sure they know what you're after.  I found this section
somewhat hard to follow.

I concur with John, who suggested that this document doesn't actually update
RFC 7370.  I'm aware of the conversation that happened afterwards; just going
on the record here.

Section 9:

* "It's usage is outside of the scope of this document." -- s/It's/Its/

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 13:58:07 +0200

Hi Murray,

thanks for your comments, please see inline (##PP):

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions/

##PP
this has been done already.

> RFC 7370.  I'm aware of the conversation that happened afterwards; just going

##PP
sure, as I said earlier, I'm fine both ways, so I let others to find an 
agreement.

> * "It's usage is outside of the scope of this document." -- s/It's/Its/

##PP
yes, this has been fixed already.

thanks,
Peter