Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 09:29:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS Flood Reflection
        Authors         : Tony Przygienda
                          Chris Bowers
                          Yiu Lee
                          Alankar Sharma
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-07-11

Abstract:
   This document describes an optional ISIS extension that allows the
   creation of IS-IS flood reflection topologies.  Flood reflection
   allows the creation of topologies where L1 areas provide transit
   forwarding for L2 destinations within an L2 topology.  It
   accomplishes this by creating L2 flood reflection adjacencies within
   each L1 area.  The L2 flood reflection adjacencies are used to flood
   L2 LSPDUs, and they are used in the L2 SPF computation.  However,
   they are not used for forwarding.  This arrangement gives the L2
   topology better scaling properties.  In addition, only those routers
   directly participating in flood reflection have to support the
   feature.  This allows for the incremental deployment of scalable L1
   transit areas in an existing network, without the necessity of
   upgrading other routers in the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/