Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-04

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:51:44 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-04.txt has been successfuly submitted by Carl Wallace and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp
Revision:	 04
Title:		 Using SCVP to Convey Long-term Evidence Records
Creation_date:	 2007-11-08
WG ID:		 ltans
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
The Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) defines an
extensible means of delegating the development and validation of
certification paths to a server.  It can be used to support the
development and validation of certification paths well after the
expiration of the certificates in the path by specifying a time of
interest in the past.  The Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) defines
structures, called evidence records, to support non-repudiation of
existence of data.  Evidence records can be used to preserve
materials that comprise a certification path such that trust can be
established in the certificates after the expiration of the
certificates in the path and after the cryptographic algorithms used
to sign the certificates in the path are no longer secure.  This
document describes an application of SCVP to serve this purpose using
the WantBack feature of SCVP to convey evidence records.

The IETF Secretariat.