Subject: [Ltru] Re: Åland

From: Marion Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:24:15 +0000

That is only due to a misleading bug in ISO 3166 (part two of which is
currently under review), which equates GB ('Great Britain') to a
higher-level territory (UK) of which it is only a part ('The United
Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland') and which ignores the
fact that the e-mail territorial address identifier for the entire
territory is actually .UK (as in www.bbc.co.uk, smo.uhi.ac,uk,
www.qub.ac.uk, www.cadw.wales.gov.uk, etc., etc.).

Hope this helps,
mg

Scríobh Kent Karlsson:
> 
> 
> The English name for the territory code "GB" is "United Kingdom"...
> 
>         /kent k

-- 

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an 
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.
* [email-masked] * [email-masked] *

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru