Subject: [Ltru] [OT] John Clews

From: Marion Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:59:34 +0000

Circulating this msg on foot of responses I have received from different
countries to my little tribute to our friend and colleague John Clews,
recently deceased. 

An award to commemorate John has been proposed, citing the Jon Postel
Award as precedent. Would anyone interested in joining a small ad hoc
group for that specific purpose and none other please e-mail me privately?

Personally, I'd like decisions on this to be BSI-led and 
am asking readers to please circulate this msg on any relevant lists
they can think of (John Clews of BSI being perhaps best known for his
dedication to work in Unicode and ISO 10646, ISO/TC 46 and ISO/TC 37 circles).

Especially, would some friend please help by posting this to address
[email-masked]? (Something I cannot currently do because
unicode.org services are currently configured by Rick to bounce mail
with headers with my details.)

With best wishes,
mg
-- 

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an 
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.
* [email-masked] * [email-masked] *

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Debbie Garside" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:38:37 -0000

Hi Marion

I will forward your email to the secretary of TS1 at BSI who worked quite
closely with John over the years.  Whilst I did meet John once and we
exchanged a few emails I do not feel that I knew him personally.  I think
that John's TS1 colleagues from the British Library may be interested in
assisting this worthy proposal.   

Kind regards

Debbie Garside
Chair BSI TS1-1

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Marion Gunn
Sent: 29 November 2005 15:00
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [Ltru] [OT] John Clews

An award to commemorate John has been proposed, citing the Jon Postel Award
as precedent. Would anyone interested in joining a small ad hoc group for
that specific purpose and none other please e-mail me privately?

Personally, I'd like decisions on this to be BSI-led and am asking readers
to please circulate this msg on any relevant lists they can think of (John
Clews of BSI being perhaps best known for his dedication to work in Unicode
and ISO 10646, ISO/TC 46 and ISO/TC 37 circles).

Especially, would some friend please help by posting this to address
[email-masked]? (Something I cannot currently do because unicode.org
services are currently configured by Rick to bounce mail with headers with
my details.)

With best wishes,
mg
--