Subject: RE: [Ltru] Matching: Ranges vs. range lists

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:30:33 -0800

Hi Mark,

I think I agree with most of your points, although I note that the text more-or-less covered this already. I included some changes to address your example and concerns into draft-06, though.

I also updated all the uses of the word "application".

And I highlighted the difference Martin found most compelling between lookup and filtering in both the top of Section 3 (Types of Matching) and individually in each section on the types.

Finally, I corrected the reference to RFC 4234 (instead of 2234bis) and removed redundant references.

The new version is posted on inter-locale. This marks a vast number of changes to the content. I'd like to submit this, pace some review today by the list, so that we can work on *specific* textual changes in a draft-07.

http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-matching-06.html
http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-matching-06.txt
http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-matching-06.xml

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:43:42 -0500

Addison,

Some text needs to be added to the Abstract and Intro to cover the
"obsoletes 3066" status described in the "Note to the RFC Editor" that was
included with the approval announcement for draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14.
I'll tweak the note text here; "TBD" refers to the RFC number to be assigned
to registry-14:

To be added to the end of the Abstract:

This document, in combination with RFC TBD (replace "TBD" with the RFC
number assigned to draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14), replaces RFC 3066, which
replaced RFC 1766.

To be added to the end of the Introduction:

This document, in combination with [RFCTBD] (replace "TBD" with the RFC
number assigned to draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14), replaces [RFC3066], which
replaced [RFC1766].

An informative reference to registry-14 should also be added.

-Scott-