Subject: [Ltru] Re: Informative (was: Extended language tags)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:00:12 -0700

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> By this standard, the Type, Subtag, Tag, Prefix, Preferred-Value, and 
> Suppress-Script fields are normative; the Description, Added, 
> Deprecated, Comments, and File-Date fields are informative.

Thanks to all for setting me straight on this point.  It started as just 
an example, but I apologize for the confusion.

As I predicted, I think I misunderstood what Shawn Steele said about the 
Registry only providing guidelines, so my whole response is moot anyway.

--
Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru