Subject: [Ltru] Re: Alemanic & Swiss German

From: Nicolas Krebs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:06:03 +0100

Sorry for my previous message and the double post. 

A year ago, Mark Davis started a discussion about Alemanic & Swiss German 

> ISO 639-2 (on http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php) 
> lists the following:
> 
> gsw             Alemani; Swiss German      alémanique
> 
> However, there is a "c" missing from Alemanic, and Swiss German is 
> not the same as Alemanic: Swiss German is a type of Alemanic, but 
> there are other types that are not the same as Swiss German.

Current http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=gsw
show "Called 'Schwyzerdütsch' in Switzerland, and 'Alsatian' in France."
which may/might suppose that gsw include Alsatian, and that gsw 
encompass Schwyzerdütsch and Alsatian. 

References: 
http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=gsw
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-02
http://www.langtag.net/registries/lsr-language.txt
http://www.langtag.net/registries/registry-html/language/gsw.html
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=gsw
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/3485

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru