Subject: Re: [Ltru] Preferred Values for Irregular Tags

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:00:59 -0600

I wrote:

> Before people get too excited about 'oxford', remember that in 2003
> when this tag was proposed, there was opposition to 'oxford' because
> the tag was supposed to reflect the usage prescribed by the
> dictionary, not the prevalent usage in the city of Oxford.  Of course,
> at the time 'oed' was syntactically legal, whereas now it would not
> be.

Upon pulling my head out and reading Mark's post in full, I see he 
proposed 'oeddict' instead of 'oxford'.  So disregard my paragraph 
above, although I would suggest going with 'oedict' instead, as the 
second 'd' in 'oeddict' doesn't seem to have a purpose.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru