Subject: Re: [Ltru] Knowing about the use of language tags

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 23:41:32 -0600

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

>> I agree. I think we should just add [FX].
>
> It was at one time an assigned ISO 3166 code and was downgraded to
> exceptionally reserved before Date A.  That's evidence that the MA
> didn't think assigning it was a good idea.  Why should we overrule
> that?

That was my argument against turning all the other exceptionally 
reserved ISO 3166-1 codes into region subtags.  Why should we overrule 
the MA?  But a lot of people really wanted to be able to use 'EU' in 
language tags, or locales, or something.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru