Subject: Re: [Ltru] an editorial comment

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:53:29 -0600

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> "The Macrolanguage field contains a primary language subtag that 
> encompasses this subtag's language."
>
> Now, call me a stickler, but *subtags* don't encompass anything. 
> Suggested revision:
>
> "The Macrolanguage field contains a primary language subtag for an ISO 
> 639 macrolanguage that encompasses this subtag's language."

Just to be really, really pedantic, I'd like to make sure this is worded 
so as to make clear that the subtag isn't necessarily identical to the 
ISO 639-3 code element for the macrolanguage, since of course the subtag 
can be two letters long.  Peter's wording may be sufficient for this.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru