Subject: [Ltru] Section 4.1.1: Arabic

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:57:01 -0400

I suggest that the following paragraph be added after the discussion
of Chinese:

	The Arabic situation is essentially identical to the Chinese
	situation, except that while almost all written Arabic is Standard
	Arabic, most spoken Arabic is in one of the other encompassed
	Arabic languages.  Consequently, "ar" should be avoided for
	tagging spoken varieties.

If this is adopted, remove Arabic from Fig. 8.

-- 
John Cowan  [email-masked]  http://ccil.org/~cowan
The penguin geeks is happy / As under the waves they lark
The closed-source geeks ain't happy / They sad cause they in the dark
But geeks in the dark is lucky / They in for a worser treat
One day when the Borg go belly-up / Guess who wind up on the street.
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru