Subject: [Ltru] Preparing to wrap up extlang

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:43:37 -0700

Hi -

As WG co-chair...

We had hoped that we'd be wrapping up a second WG last call
on the ltru drafts.  From the recent deluge of mail, its
clear that there are serious misgivings about the current
drafts' treatment of the extlang issue.  While we hate to
see old issues re-opened, we also believe it is important
to make sure that the choices made are technically correct,
at least to the extent that a "correct" choice is possible.

In order to bring this to a close, I suggest the following:
   - wrap up the technical discussion of the pros and cons
     of the various proposals for the extlang issue.  I'm not
     horribly concerned about the word-smithing, but I do
     want to get to the point where everyone is comfortable
     that they've stated their case for handling things one
     way or another.  As a deadline, I propose Saturday May 17.

   - a couple of days of "cooling off" for folks to catch up
     with all the postings and to think about the consequences
     of one approach or another.  I ask folks to refrain from
     posting May 18-20.  Thinking time helps.

   - a consensus call on the "extlang or not extlang" question
     to end Saturday, May 24.  I'll plan to put the questions
     in terms of both elegance and of implementation consequences,
     and to provide for positive, negative, and don't care responses.

Shortly thereafter Martin and I will instruct the editors to
do the right thing.  I know this is a bit longer than some of
us might like, but this is clearly the most important issue
before this WG, with lots of consequences for all involved.

Randy
ltru co-chair

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru