Subject: Re: [Ltru] Consensus call: extlang

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:12:46 -0600

Karen Broome <Karen underscore Broome at spe dot sony dot com> wrote:

> Phrases like "throws in the towel," "my resistance is gone," "as 
> neutral as I can be" ... Something does not feel good about this.

What has become evident to me is that I am neither the most skilled 
debater nor the most tenacious fighter in the group, and this battle is 
going to be won and the fence-sitters influenced by those who are.

As I would like to be able to continue working with others in this group 
in the future, there is really little more I can say about this.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:55:40 +0900

[co-chair hat on]

Hello Doug, others,

Two points:

1) One of the ideas of a consensus call is exactly that everybody,
   including people who don't think of themselves as skilled debaters
   or tenacious fighters, but who nevertheless may have well-founded
   technical opinions, can express their preferences (even in private
   if they deem that necessary).
   [Of course, expressing preferences includes "about as neutral as
    it gets" B-B opinions.]

2) All of Doug's postings (occasionally some others) seem to lose
   all their linebreaks when they arrive at my mailbox. Anybody has
   any idea why?

Regards,    Martin.

At 15:12 08/05/29, Doug Ewell wrote:
>Karen Broome <Karen underscore Broome at spe dot sony dot com> wrote: > >> 
>Phrases like "throws in the towel," "my resistance is gone," "as >> neutral 
>as I can be" ... Something does not feel good about this. > >What has become 
>evident to me is that I am neither the most skilled >debater nor the most 
>tenacious fighter in the group, and this battle is >going to be won and the 
>fence-sitters influenced by those who are. > >As I would like to be able to 
>continue working with others in this group >in the future, there is really 
>little more I can say about this. > >-- >Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  
>*  RFC 4645  *  UTN 
>#14 >http://www.ewellic.org >http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html >http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages 
> $B%R+(B>_______________________________________________ >Ltru mailing 
>list >[email-masked] >https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltr

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]