Subject: Re: [Ltru] 13th-hour WG Last Call comments

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:33:51 -0700

"Phillips, Addison" <addison at amazon dot com> wrote:

> The 4646bis co-editors will submit a new draft-19 based on collected 
> comments (including those below) sometime tomorrow.

I guess that means to coordinate things, I should be submitting 
draft-4645bis-08, with a reference to draft-4646bis-19, dated November 
2008.

I would appreciate it if, in return, draft-4646bis-19 would update its 
reference to [registry-update] to call it by its correct name, and give 
it a date of November 2008, not September 2006.

In addition to the changes already mentioned, this version will include 
the ISO 639-based updates to subtags 'ro' and 'mo' currently in a 
waiting period on ietf-languages.

> Most likely quoting styles and ISO references will remain as they are. 
> We will fix the M.49 references.

The form I plan to use in draft-4645bis is:

[UN_M.49]  Statistics Division, United Nations, "Standard Country or
           Area Codes for Statistical Use", Revision 4 (United
           Nations publication, Sales No. 98.XVII.9), June 1999.

Hopefully this will be the form used in draft-4646bis as well.  I see no 
reason for us to differ on this.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:43:04 -0800

> draft-4645bis-08, with a reference to draft-4646bis-19, dated
> November 2008.

Yes.

> it a date of November 2008, not September 2006.

I will replace the reference ID with [draft-4645bis].

>            Nations publication, Sales No. 98.XVII.9), June 1999.

Great minds and all that. I made that change in draft-19 last night. Actually, I set the XML to be:

<reference anchor="UN_M.49">
				<front>
					<title>Standard Country or Area Codes for Statistical Use</title>
					<author>
						<organization>Statistics Division, United Nations</organization>
					</author>
					<date day="30" month="June" year="1999"/>
				</front>
				<seriesInfo name="Revision 4" value="(United Nations publication, Sales No. 98.XVII.9"/>
			</reference>

Addison

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:23:15 -0800

Doug, I couldn't find your draft using http://tools.ietf.org/html/

Mark

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 21:33, Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> draft-4645bis-08, with a reference to draft-4646bis-19, dated November 2008.
>
> reference to [registry-update] to call it by its correct name, and give it a
> date of November 2008, not September 2006.
>
> In addition to the changes already mentioned, this version will include the
> ISO 639-based updates to subtags 'ro' and 'mo' currently in a waiting period
> on ietf-languages.
>
>> Most likely quoting styles and ISO references will remain as they are. We
>> will fix the M.49 references.
>

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:24:55 -0800

Just found that http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis
works, but searching for 4645 didn't.

Mark