Subject: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 4.1 capitalization

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 02:56:20 -0700

Hi -

As a technical contributor...

In section 4.1 are a couple of cases where key word capitalization
should be checked.

4.1 4 1 says:
       1.  Collections are interpreted inclusively, so the subtag 'gem'
           (Germanic langauges) could, but should not, be used with
           content that would be better tagged with "en" (English), "de"
           (German), or "gsw" (Swiss German, Alemannic).  While 'gem'
           collects all of these (and other) languages, most
           implementations will not match 'gem' to the individual
           languages; thus using the subtag will not produce the desired
           result.

"should not" -> "SHOULD NOT"

4.1 5 says
       *  The 'und' (Undetermined) primary language subtag identifies
          linguistic content whose language is not determined.  This
          subtag SHOULD NOT be used unless a language tag is required
          and language information is not available or cannot be
          determined.  Omitting the language tag (where permitted) is
          preferred.  The 'und' subtag MAY be useful for protocols that
          require a language tag to be provided or where a primary
          language subtag is required (such as in "und-Latn").  The
          'und' subtag MAY also be useful when matching language tags in
          certain situations.

"MAY" -> "might"

Minor, but I'm certain other reviewers will bumpt into this as well.

Randy

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:45:37 -0800

>           'und' subtag MAY also be useful when matching language

Clarification: do you mean both "MAY" items (above) or just the latter?

Addison

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:59:26 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>; "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:45 PM
> Subject: RE: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 4.1 capitalization
>

Both, since neither has normative force.

Randy

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:53:59 -0800

+1
Mark