Subject: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 3.1.1

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 02:30:00 -0700

Hi -

As a technical contributor...

Section 3.1.1 currently says:

   The registry is a [Unicode] text file, using the UTF-8 [RFC3629]
   character encoding, and consists of a series of records stored in the
   record-jar format (described in [record-jar]).  Each record, in turn,
   consists of a series of fields that describe the various subtags and
   tags.

If the reference [record-jar] is truly normative, this document shouldn't
be re-specifying the syntax.  But I suspect more properly we should
replace "stored in" with "based on", and move the reference
[record-jar] from "normative" to "informative".

This is not a show-stopper comment, but something I would hope
would get addressed before RFC publication time.

Randy

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:16:18 -0800

(editor hat OFF).

I'm not sure that this text changed from 4646.

(editor hat ON)

I changed the text to read:

--
The registry is a  <xref target="Unicode"></xref> text file, using the <xref target="RFC3629">UTF-8</xref> character encoding, and consists of a series of records stored in a format based on "record-jar" (described in <xref target="record-jar"/>).
--

Note that Art of Unix Programming is not now a normative reference.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Randy Presuhn
> Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:30 AM
> To: LTRU Working Group
> Subject: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 3.1.1
> 
> Hi -
>