Subject: Re: [Ltru] Where are we?

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:07:50 -0700

Martin Duerst <duerst at it dot aoyama dot ac dot jp> wrote:

> Which issue tracker? I'll gladly use a home-made Web page the same way 
> as I did for RFC 4647, but unless it has been made significantly more 
> usable (by my standard, which may be arbitrary), I don't plan to use 
> the IETF tracker.

I don't know about Addison, but I was specifically referring to the 
issue tracker software that:

* was put into use at one point during LTRU 1.0
* generated two messages on the list for every issue
* was roundly criticized for that by list members
* was taken out of use after only a week or two

As long as it can be configured to generate only one list message per 
issue, and I don't see why it couldn't, I would much prefer this tool 
over a private Web page.  There really shouldn't be many issues at this 
point, so the problem of being bombarded with messages shouldn't arise.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ