Subject: Re: [Ltru] Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:17:26 -0700

(cross-posted this one time only, since there are items of interest for 
both groups)

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> No, the issue (#22 on the ltru tracker) is whether to revert a change 
> made to the 4645bis draft.  The consensus here is clearly to *not* do 
> so.  The question some seem to be raising here is whether to start 
> adding comments for these cases where we are simply following the 
> 4646bis procedures for Preferred-value.  I'd rather *not* go there, 
> unless someone specifically makes a request to do so on the ltru list.

They already have.  John Cowan requested this comment on LTRU on January 
31, and at least three other participants expressed support on LTRU.

But regardless, I will remove the Preferred-Value from "YU" in draft-10 
(same as in draft-09), and per the co-chair's request I will *not* add 
the Comments field in draft-10.  The Reviewer and ietf-languages list 
are welcome to consider adding the comment after the new draft is 
published.

Please send any responses about the Preferred-Value to LTRU, and about 
the Comments field to ietf-languages.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:54:09 -0800

Hi -

Please keep in mind that issue #22 (which we are soundly rejecting)
would have been a change from draft-09.

Consequently, any comments *already* *there* should *stay*.

Randy

> From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>; "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 6:17 AM
> Subject: Re: Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-languages mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages
>