Subject: Re: [Ltru] Issue #24: Add ISO 639-5 Web references to draft-4645bis

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:09:49 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> Since no-one else seems to care about the sub-issue of the exact 
> wording of the RFC editor note,

I'm planning to use the wording you proposed yesterday.

> I leave this to the editor's discretion, with the understanding that 
> updates to the ISO web site cannot be "automatically" incorporated 
> during IESG review and IETF last call, but rather can be folded in 
> only as the result of a specific comment and with the agreement of the 
> working group and document shepherd.

In that case, it would be nice (hoping against hope) if the review, LC, 
and RFC Editor processes could be expedited, so that the backlog of 
changes that ietf-languages has to make upon publication doesn't become 
too onerous.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:04:54 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:09 AM
> Subject: Re: [Ltru] Issue #24: Add ISO 639-5 Web references to draft-4645bis
...
> changes that ietf-languages has to make upon publication doesn't become 
...

This will depend on the self-discipline of those making comments.
Perfection is antithetical to completion.

Randy