Subject: Re: [Ltru] Issue #22: revert preferred-value for CS

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:46:07 -0700

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> wrote:

> I would prefer not to revert this particular change (and I guess you 
> mean "preferred-value for YU").

That is correct; the change in question involves the subtag YU, which 
currently has a Preferred-Value of CS.

> Doing so would go against the principle of shortcutting 
> preferred-value chains, with the idea that a preferred value should 
> always be a non-deprecated value. The added comment (for YU) is
fine as it is in draft 9, and better than in this case a misleading 
Preferred-value.

That's why I thought it should be changed here rather than by 
ietf-languages: because draft-4646bis more or less says it has to be.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ