Subject: [Ltru] Changes to ISO 15924

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:06:15 -0700

There have been several changes to ISO 15924, effective yesterday, 
February 23.  Since changes to ISO 15924 don't happen all that often --  
the last change set before this was 15 months ago -- these really should 
be reflected in draft-4645bis.  I will write up a set of issues to 
address this.  Apologies to Randy, who I know was happy to see the 
number of open issues briefly reduced to zero.

For the official list of changes, see 
http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/codechanges.html .

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:26:21 -0800

Hi -

As co-chair...

> From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:06 AM
> Subject: [Ltru] Changes to ISO 15924
>
...

Unless there are *strenuous* objections from the WG, here is how I
suggest we procede:
  (1) that we hand off 4645bis to the IESG *without* these changes
  (2) that these changes be processed in the normal manner on the
      [email-masked] list
  (3) if these changes are approved by the LSR *before* IESG approval
      of the draft, they will be incorporated into an updated I-D,
      before handover to IETF last call, consistent with the
      process documented in 4645bis 2.1, which states:

   The version of the Language Subtag Registry that was current at the
   time of IESG approval of this memo served as the starting point for
   this update.  This version was created according to the process
   described in [RFC4645] and maintained according to the process
   described in [RFC4646].

   (4) if the IESG finishes reviewing the draft before the LSR acts,
       then those changes will need to be re-applied as part of the
       registry update.

This is no different from what would need to happen with any other
subtag registration or modification requests processed during this time.

Randy