Subject: [Lwip] CFP: IEEE Internet of Things Journal, SI on Security for IoT: the State of the Art (deadline: Feb. 15th, 2014)

From: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:45:41 +0800

Dear Lwip Members,

Please find below our call for paper for IEEE Internet of Things Journal
Special Issue on Security for IoT: the State of the Art (deadline: Feb.
15th, 2014). Online version is available under: <
http://iot-journal.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/8/0/18809834/ieee_iot_journal_si_iot_security_cfp.pdf
>.

We are looking forward for your submissions, and appreciate your further
help in forwarding the CFP to your friends and colleagues.

Best,
Cong Wang

# CALL FOR PAPERS #

IEEE Internet of Things Journal Special Issue on
Security for IoT: the State of the Art (deadline: Feb. 15th, 2014)

A PDF version of this CFP can be downloaded at:
<
http://iot-journal.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/8/0/18809834/ieee_iot_journal_si_iot_security_cfp.pdf

# Scope of Special Issue #

The Internet is becoming more and more ubiquitous. One central element of
this trend is the existence of a massive network of interconnected
wired/wireless physical objects/things/sensors/devices, which can interact
in a rich set of manners through a worldwide communication and information
infrastructure and provide value added services. The vision of such an
Internet of Things (IoT) system, supported by industrial companies and
governments globally, has the potential to mark an evolution that will
surely have a great impact on our environments and our lives. Yet, the
realization of a ubiquitous IoT also poses a number of challenges where
security is among the top concerns. The globally interconnected physical
objects inevitably result in a potentially enormous attack surface that can
be easily exploited if without adequate protection. To enable strong
security foundations for the ubiquitous IoT, plenty of factors need to be
taken into account. Examples are data security, privacy, access control,
information assurance, trust management, secure services interoperability,
seamless integration, system heterogeneity, scalability, and mobility. This
special issue solicits high-quality original research results about IoT
that pertain to state-of-the-art security and privacy issues in various
pervasive and ubiquitous scenarios. We encourage submissions on
theoretical, practical, as well as experimental studies, from both academia
and industry, related to all aspects of security for IoT. Topics of
interests include (but are not limited to) the following categories:

- Secure IoT architecture
- IoT access control and key management
- Identification and privacy for IoT
- Smart phone enabled secure smart systems
- New cryptographic primitives for IoT
- Manage trust for IoT service interoperability
- Security on heterogeneous ecosystems
- Context-aware security design
- Data security and privacy in the IoT
- Intrusion detection and defense for IoT
- Joint security&privacy aware protocol design
- Failure detection, prediction, and recovery
- Secure data management within IoT
- Trusted computing technology and IoT
- Availability, recovery and auditing
- IoT related web services security
- Secure cyber-physical system
- Biometrics for the IoT

# Important Dates #

- Submissions Deadline: February 15th, 2014
- First Reviews Due: May 15th, 2014
- Revision Due: June 15th, 2014

- Second Reviews Due/Acceptance letters: July 15th, 2014
- Final Manuscript Due: August 15th, 2014
- Publication Date: October 15th, 2014

# Submission Guidelines #

The special issue seeks submission of papers that present novel original
results and findings on Security for IoT.  Solicited original submissions
must not be currently under consideration for publication in other venues.
Author guidelines and submission information can be found at <
http://iot.ieee.org/journal>. All manuscripts should be submitted through
Manuscript Central: <http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iot>

# Guest Editors #

- Kui Ren, University at Buffalo, SUNY <[email-masked]>
- Pierangela Samarati, University of Milan <[email-masked]>
- Peng Ning, NCSU, Raleigh & Samsung Mobile <[email-masked]>
- Marco Gruteser, Rutgers University <[email-masked]>
- Yunhao Liu, Tsinghua University <[email-masked]>

SI Publicity Chair: Cong Wang, City University of Hong Kong <
[email-masked]>

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cong WANG, PhD
Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
City University of Hong Kong
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3442 2010; Fax: +852 3442 0503
Email: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.cityu.edu.hk/~congwang/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.