Subject: [Lwip] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01.txt

From: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 13:11:44 +0300

Dear all,

We have uploaded the next version of our draft documenting the 
implementation experiences of public-key cryptography on 8-bit 
micro-controllers. The draft is available here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01

In this updated version, we have included the implementation results 
from the performance analysis of Ed25519 (the crypto forum research 
group is currently specifying the recommended parameters) signature 
generation on the same 8-bit micro-controller.

The informational document also provides design patterns and guidelines 
for ensuring integrity protection and freshness of messages that might 
be helpful when deploying such devices in practice.

We look forward to your feedback. We also request the chairs to allocate 
a short slot (10/12 mins) for presenting this updated version.

Thanks
/--Mohit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01.txt
Date: 	Thu, 30 Jun 2016 02:48:04 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>, Heidi-Maria Back 
<[email-masked]>, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>, Ari 
Keranen <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mohit Sethi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors
Revision:	01
Title:		Practical Considerations and Implementation Experiences in Securing Smart Object Networks
Document date:	2016-06-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		31
URL:https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01.txt
Status:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors/
Htmlized:https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01
Diff:https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aks-lwig-crypto-sensors-01

Abstract:
    This memo describes challenges associated with securing smart object
    devices in constrained implementations and environments.  The memo
    describes a possible deployment model suitable for these
    environments, discusses the availability of cryptographic libraries
    for small devices, presents some preliminary experiences in
    implementing small devices using those libraries, and discusses
    trade-offs involving different types of approaches.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 10:47:28 +0800

Hi Mohit ,

Nice draft with a lot of reference data

one quick question: do you have any data around AES/tinyAES, and DTLS
memory footprint?

Many thanks,
Zhen

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In this updated version, we have included the implementation results from
> the performance analysis of Ed25519 (the crypto forum research group is
> currently specifying the recommended parameters) signature generation on the
> same 8-bit micro-controller.
>
> The informational document also provides design patterns and guidelines for
> ensuring integrity protection and freshness of messages that might be
> helpful when deploying such devices in practice.
>
> We look forward to your feedback. We also request the chairs to allocate a
> short slot (10/12 mins) for presenting this updated version.
>
> Thanks
> /--Mohit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Lwip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip