Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:33:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Alternative Elliptic Curve Representations
        Author          : Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2019-04-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies how to represent Montgomery curves and
   (twisted) Edwards curves as curves in short-Weierstrass form and
   illustrates how this can be used to carry out elliptic curve
   computations using existing implementations of, e.g., ECDSA and ECDH
   using NIST prime curves.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:50:43 -0400

Dear colleagues:

I slightly updated the draft. Main changes: (technical) I added COSE 
parm requests (Section8.4-8.6); (editorial) some tiny word-smything and 
addition of two more references.

Of course, more references are possible, but - apart from that - I think 
the document is technically ready.

FYI - Stanislav Smyshlyaev and Vasily Nikolaev did kindly review the 
previous version of this draft and verified all numbers, formulas, etc. 
Their main editorial comment was that the document could use more 
references. {I will see whether I can find more references, or perhaps I 
should see if I can post a full technical paper on all kinds of curve 
formulas,, tricks, etc. This will take some time, though. This should 
not stop proceeding with this, imho.}

Best regards, Rene

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-04.txt
Date: 	Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:33:44 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG 
of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Lwip mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip