Subject: [Lwip] [CFP] 2019 IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization & Software Defined Networks

From: Juhoon Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:23:33 +0200

(Apologies if you received multiple copies of this call)

2019 IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization & Software Defined
Networks
IEEE NFV SDN 2019 https://nfvsdn2019.ieee-nfvsdn.org

Dallas, TX, USA - November 12-14, 2019

Submissions: https://edas.info/N26183

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
are an accepted evolution in all areas of network concepts and
technologies. They are expected to further radically and dramatically
transform not only telecommunication networks, campus, enterprise and
datacenter networks, but accelerate the introduction of smart
cities/homes/cars/businesses and green infrastructures. Currently, NFV and
SDN are in the transition phase from development into first trials,
evaluation and early deployments, too.
A major impact for the rapid adoption is the shift to openness and
knowledge exchange during the transition process. Open source software and
hardware development, the convergence of IT and telco development and
alignment of operation processes as well as integration of latest research
results in algorithms, hardware design, etc. together with a continuous
competition of the best ideas for acceptance in the community has supported
the widespread acceptance of NFV and SDN.
The 2019 IEEE NFV-SDN conference understands itself as one accelerator of
the continuous exchange on the latest ideas, developments and results
between all ecosystem partners in the academia and industry area. The
conference is highly encouraged to foster discus-sion on new approaches as
well as dedicated work on missing aspects for improvements of NFV and SDN
enabling architectures, algorithms, frameworks and operation of virtualized
network functions and infrastructures.

TOPICS:
The IEEE NFV-SDN conference brings together researchers from around the
world to share ideas influencing the evolution and operation of NFV and SDN
technologies. We encourage submission of innovative work on NFV and SDN.
This is a non-exhaustive list of topics:

NFV and SDN Architectures, Infrastructure and Elements
- Emerging improvements including Network Slicing and unikernel paradigm
- Impact of “open X”
- Improvements in design of forwarding elements, e.g. switches/routers,
wireless systems
- Optimizing NFV infrastructures including  hardware acceleration
technologies
- Heterogeneous server platform and the detailed element-level CPU and GPU
mapping of NFV functions

NFV and SDN Operations
- Dynamic license management, autonomics, machine learning, monitoring,
resiliency, fault management and self-healing
- Security and isolation impacts of virtualization technologies
- Advanced tools for automated design, deployment, validation and management
- Application of machine learning and big data analytics to manage
virtualized networks

Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Costs of migration of application containers and workloads
- Data/control plane performance, interoperability and scalability studies
- Resource dimensioning and optimization (e.g. cloud-native design),
workload isolation and tradeoffs
- Design guidelines for modularity, scalability, high availability and
interoperability (e.g. container and micro services implementations)

Results and Evaluations in Application Scenarios
- Comparative studies on different virtualization technologies
- Usage scenarios such as SD-WAN, IoT, Smart Grid, Smart Cities, etc.
- Improvements in future communication infrastructure enabled by SDN and
NFV including RAN, evolution to 5G, public, private and hybrid clouds

IMPORTANT DATES:
April 19th, 2019      Workshop proposal deadline
May 31st, 2019        Full paper submission deadline
July 8th, 2019        Demo / tutorial / panel proposal submission deadline
July 15th, 2019       Fast-track paper submission deadline
August 9th, 2019      Acceptance notification (full papers, tutorials)
August 26th, 2019     Acceptance notification (fast-track papers, demos)
September 13th, 2019  Camera-ready papers

CALL FOR DEMOS:
The IEEE NFV-SDN 2019 conference also invites demonstration papers in the
NFV and SDN realms addressing (but not limited to) the topics above. The
demonstrations should be configured to run in a cloud environment
accessible via Internet and presented from the exhibition space floor on
the demonstrator’s laptop. Also, an author of an accepted demo is required
to register for the conference at the full or limited rate and present the
demo at the IEEE NFV-SDN 2019 conference. Demonstration proposals can be
submitted at https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26183&track=97150

CALL FOR TUTORIALS:
The organizing committee invites proposals for tutorials to be held prior
to the main conference.  Tutorials should serve one or more of the
following objectives: introducing students and newcomers to major topics in
NFV and SDN re-search; providing instructions on established practices and
methodologies; surveying a mature area of NFV and SDN research and/or
practice; motivating and explaining an NFV and SDN topic of emerging
importance; introducing expert non-specialists to an NFV and SDN research
area. Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the Tutorial
Program Co-Chairs. For information on submission, please visit
http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org/

CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS:
The committee solicits proposals for one full-day or two half-day workshops
to be held at the beginning of the main technical program.  The Scope of
the workshops aims to complement the main conference program with forums
for exchange of technical expertise, development, integration and
standardization efforts on particularly focused areas of interest within
the frame of NFV and SDN. Proposals from industry and academia are welcome.
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the Workshop Program
Co-Chairs. For information on submission, please visit
https://nfvsdn2019.ieee-nfvsdn.org/authors/call-for-workshop-proposal

AUTHOR & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Prospective authors are invited to submit original full technical or
fast-track papers for publication in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2019 Conference
Proceedings and for presentation in the technical sessions.  We solicit
submission of high-quality full papers reporting original and novel
research results on all above topics. Papers must be written in English,
un-published and not submitted elsewhere. Full papers must be formatted as
the standard IEEE double-column conference template.

FULL TECHNICAL PAPERS should have a maximum paper length of six (6) printed
pages (10-point font), including figures, without incurring additional page
charges (maximum 1 additional page with over length page charge of USD100
if accepted). Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be accepted at EDAS. Full
technical papers can be submitted at
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26183&track=97149

FAST-TRACK PAPERS: In addition, we welcome fast-track papers from the
research community up to four (4) pages in length (10pt font); max. one
additional page with over length page charge of USD100 if accepted. These
papers should focus more on recent and newly-developing results. FAST-TRACK
papers will be reviewed with a more open mind towards the scope of
evaluation or breadth of topics compared to longer papers. We recommend
that authors check both calls for papers before submitting. Fast-track
papers can be submitted at
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26183&track=97151

To be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2019 Conference Proceedings and to be
eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of an accepted paper is
required to register for the conference at the FULL (member or non-member)
rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the
conference.  For authors with multiple accepted papers, one FULL
registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers
will be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2019 Conference Proceedings and
submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference (including its removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not
presented at the conference. Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do
not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other
conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken
very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action against
any author who engages in either practice.

TECHNICAL SPONSORS:
IEEE Communications Society
ETSI

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

General Chairs:
Kurt Tutschku, BTH, SE
Larry Horner, Intel, USA

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Fabrizio Granelli, Univ. of Trento, IT
Marco Tacca, UT Dallas, USA
Yuji Sekiya, The University of Tokyo, JP

Demo Co-Chairs:
Evangelos Markakis, TEI of Crete, GR
George Xilouris, NCSR Demokritos, GR

Workshop Chairs:
Sandra Scott-Hayward, Queen's Uni-versity Belfast, UK
Barbara Martini, CNIT, IT

Tutorial Co-Chairs:
Steven Wright AT&T, US

Publicity Co-Chairs:
Walter Cerroni, Univ. Bologna, IT
Juhoon Kim, Deutsche Telekom AG, DE
Rentao Gu, BUPT, CN

Keynote Co-Chairs:
Tim Culver, UT Dallas, USA
Qiong Zhang, Fujitsu Lab, USA
Andreas Kassler, Karlstad Univ., SE

Panel Co-Chairs:
Don Clarke, USA
Flavio Esposito, Saint Louis Univ., USA
Wolfgang John, Ericsson, SE

Patronage Co-Chairs:
Larry Horner, Intel, USA
Tetsuya Nakamura, USA.

Publication Co-Chairs:
Deval Bhamare, Karlstad Univ., SE
Helge Parzyjegla, Univ. of Rostock, DE

Local Arrangement Chair:
Larry Horner, Intel, USA

Web Co-Chairs:
Roman-Valentyn Tkachuk, BTH, SE
Vida Ahmadi Mehri, BTH, SE

Technical Co-Sponsorships Chair:
Kurt Tutschku, BTH, SE

Registration / Budget:
Charles Cook, CenturyLink, USA

Secretary:
Chiara Contoli, Univ. of Bologna, IT

Steering Committee:
James Won-Ki Hong, POSTECH, Korea
Nelson Fonseca, U. Campinas, Brazil
Steven Wright, AT&T USA
Dan Pitt, MEF, USA
Diego Lopez, Telefonica, Spain
Kohei Shiomoto, TCU, Japan
Kurt Tutschku, BTH, Sweden
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France

IEEE Staff Contact:
Tina Gaerlan, IEEE Comsoc, USA

Treasurer:
Bruce Worthman, IEEE Comsoc, USA