Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 11:10:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Alternative Elliptic Curve Representations
        Author          : Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-08.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2019-07-24

Abstract:
   This document specifies how to represent Montgomery curves and
   (twisted) Edwards curves as curves in short-Weierstrass form and
   illustrates how this can be used to carry out elliptic curve
   computations using existing implementations of, e.g., ECDSA and ECDH
   using NIST prime curves.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:31:33 -0400

Dear colleagues:

A slight update of my curve representation draft.

Based on some discussions in the hallway at IETF-105, I added another 
example (alternative representation of the BitCoin curve secp256k1 
[Annex M]). I also added a description of how to represent curve points 
pseudo-randomly and added verbiage to the privacy section to alert 
people about this. These changes are informational (I did not ask for 
code points for such a censorship-prevention representation [I could, 
but that is up to the group at large]).

I believe this draft is ready (in fact, I thought it was in May: the 
material above is just bonus material).

If you want to discuss with me at IETF, please do grab me in the hallway 
(I have to leave 3.45pm).

Rene

On 7/24/2019 2:10 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Lwip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip

-- 
email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik
cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | US: +1 (415) 690-7363