Subject: [magma] IGMP-MLD Proxying Draft Comments No. 3

From: Karen Kimball <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:58:30 -0800 (PST)

Comments on    IGMP/MLD-based Multicast Forwarding ("IGMP/MLD Proxying")

These final comments are purely editorial. 

Section 2.3 Group Mode, 

   paragraph 1, change  "In IPv4 environment" to  "In IPv4 environments"
   
   paragraph 2, change  "In IPv6 environment" to  "In IPv6 environments"
                change  "if a MLDv1 report" to  "if an MLDv1 report"

2.4 Subscription

   end of this paragraph needs a closing parenthesis, "on an interface)."

3. Abstract protocol definition

   paragraph 4, I recommend adding text at the end of this paragraph that
                changes "remaining interfaces."   to    "remaining
                interfaces (this may include the upstream interface)."

Section 4.1 Membership database

   paragraphs 5 and 6 (? or 6 and 7), the word "the" should precede
                references to "upstream interface," e.g., all incidences
                should be changed to   "the upstream interface"

Section 4.3 SSM Considerations

   paragraph 1 needs additional insertions of "the". The final portion
                of this paragraph should read  "... since it performs
                the IGMP Host Portion on the upstream interface and the
                IGMP Router portion on each downstream interface."

Section 5. Security Considerations

   paragraph 2 needs an insertion of "an" in the second sentence:
                "Hence, to avoid the problems cause by an "upstream loop,"
                it MUST be administratively assured that..."

This concludes my comments for this draft. 

Best Regards,

        Karen Kimball
        [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma