Subject: [magma] RE: MSF API status

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:55:30 -0800

An updated version of the MSF API spec is now available.
The primary change is mentioned by Bill below.

Since we missed the I-D deadline, a copy of the document
is attached.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fenner [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 5:59 PM
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: MSF API status

Folks,

  I asked the Austin Group (the group that created POSIX 1003.1-2002 /
Single Unix Specification v3) for an opinion on the use of getsockopt()
vs. ioctl().  The general feeling was that a functional interface like
Erik suggested would be best.  The primary argument was that they
discourage
use of type-unsafe APIs like setsockopt()/getsockopt()/ioctl()
altogether.

  Dave and I will work on a proposal for a functional interface to the
full-state API, and bring a revised draft to the WG soon.

  Bill

---

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:26:25 -0800

Thanks Pekka,

Most of your comments are really typos, so I will fix 
these before submitting the draft next week.  Responses
to other comments below.

==> IPv6 doesn't have it yet?? I thought it didn't, but maybe I was
confused..

No, MLDv2 is still an I-D in magma.  If MLDv2 becomes an RFC
first, this text can be updated.

> This draft was updated based on feedback from the IETF's Internet-
> Draft Multicast Remnants (IDMR) Working Group, and the Austin

==> that's the most interesting spelling out of IDMR I've seen :-)

That was the agreed-upon name for the rechartering, per Bill Fenner.

==> ToC must be first, after the abstract

Yes, but nroff doesn't do that :)  The ToC will be placed first by
the RFC editor.

-Dave

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:26:25 -0800

Thanks Pekka,

-Dave