Subject: [magma] State changes

From: Christian Kaas-Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:11:27 +0100

draft-vida-mld-v2-06.txt states in appendix 2 in point 1, that
"routers may want to track per-host multicast listener status on
an interface".  In that case, the actions described in sections
6.4.1 and 6.4.2 need not be done, as the receiving router already
has a full knowledge of listening status of hosts, and thus can use
the same algorithm as described for hosts calculating their
interface state (section 3.2).  Further, such a router will never
send Multicast Address Specific Queries and
Multicast Address and Source Specific Queries.  Having followed the
recent discussion on the set manipulations in sections
6.4.1 and 6.4.2, I think I'm entitled to conclude, that implementors
may choose for themselves what the new router state shall be
and the actions to be taken, provided they end with the same result.

Christian

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma