Subject: [magma] Combined IGMPv3 and MLDv2 MIBs

From: Julian Chesterfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:17:37 -0800

Folks,

Apologies for the late submission of the combined IGMP and MLD MIBs.
Unfortunately it did not make it into the drafts directory in time for
this meeting, however you can see an 'unofficial' version from:

http://irg.attlabs.net/rtcp_ssm/drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-00.txt

Comments/suggestions most welcome. Brian will be presenting an overview
of changes at the meeting, however, here is a brief summary:

- Management objects changed to generic term 'Multicast Group Membership
Discovery'

- Backwards compatibility section identifies version number equivalence
as
           IGMP v1-3 == MGMD v1-3
           MLD v1-2  == MGMD v2-3

- All IP addresses differentiated as v4 or v6 by an inetAddressType
variable which acts as an additional index to the interface table.

- Highest granularity of timer values applied, i.e. MaxResponseTime and
MembQueryIntvl are ms values.

Thanks,
Julian Chesterfield

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma