Subject: [magma] MAGMA WG summary for IETF 58

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:35:13 -0800

Thomas & Margaret,

The MAGMA WG met on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 in Minneapolis.
WG status summary follows.

Document status updates:
------------------------

Source Address Selection for the Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) Protocol
  Standards Track RFC 3590 (September 2003)

Socket Interface Extensions for Multicast Source Filters
  draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05
  In RFC editor queue (Informational RFC)

IGMPv3/MLDv2 and Multicast Routing Protocol Interaction
  In RFC Ed Queue (Informational RFC)

Considerations for IGMP and MLD Snooping Switches
  Authors have addressed security considerations comments by Steve Bellovin
  In RFC Ed Queue (Informational RFC)

Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) for IPv6
  Authors have submited revised ID after the meeting to address minor comments
  Approved-announcement to be sent from IESG

Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB
  draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-01 submitted (addresses comments by Dave Thaler)
  New comments by Samanvitha Rao, new revision required

IGMP/MLD-based Multicast Forwarding
  AD review comments (minor) sent on draft-ietf-magma-igmp-proxy-04
  Revised ID needed to address.

Using IGMPv3 and MLDv2 For Source-Specific Multicast
  Second WG last call ended on draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-05
  Revised ID needed to address comments by Pekka

Multicast Router Discovery SSM Range Option
  draft-ietf-magma-mrdssm-03
  Draft may be obsoleted depending on result of discussion on
  draft-holbrook-ssm-scoping-00.

Multicast Source Notification of Interest Protocol (MSNIP)
  draft-ietf-magma-msnip-04
  Depending on result of discussion on draft-holbrook-ssm-scoping-00
  MSNIP may be simplified to operate with a fixed SSM address range

Action Items:
-------------
Resolve IANA code point issue for MLDv2:
  Resolution: MIPv6 group agreed to give type value 143 back to MLDv2.
  Relevant text has been added to MLDv2 IANA considerations section.
  IANA official assignment pending.

Adopt MRD draft:
  MAGMA WG Agreed to adopt Multicast Router Discovery draft
  (previously under idmr). Brian to work on draft modifications
  discussed on MAGMA mailing list.

Milestones:
-----------
Remaining milestones dates are currently correct.

Charter:
--------
No updates planned at this time.

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma