Subject: [magma] IGMP snooping - handling leave messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:43:36 +0530

Hello,

Referring to section 2.1.1 - 6, of draft-ietf-magma-snooping-11.txt , 
It is stated that, when a Leave message is received by a Snooping
switch, it should implement a membership timeout, such as
The router side functionality of the IGMP protocol.

Does this mean that, Snooping switch would need to build and send a
query message to the group (for which leave message was received) and
start a timer ??

-Santosh

*Disclaimer*
"This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain trade
secrets or privileged or undisclosed information. They may also be
subject to copyright protection. Please do not copy, distribute or
forward this email to anyone unless authorized. If you are not a named
addressee, you must not use, disclose, retain or reproduce all or any
part of the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If
you have received this email by mistake please notify the sender
immediately by return email and destroy/delete all copies of the email."

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Nataraja, Rajesh Babu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:16:57 -0800

router will take care of it once the leave is forwarded to the router.
 
But if you are operating in a proxy mode of snooping and you are not sending that leave to the router, yes the query message should be sent out.
 
Rajesh.

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]
Sent: Tue 3/15/2005 5:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [magma] IGMP snooping - handling leave messages

Hello,

-Santosh

*Disclaimer*