Subject: [magma] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:47:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multicast Router Discovery
	Author(s)	: B. Haberman, J. Martin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-05.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-4-13
	
The concept of Internet Group Membership Protocol (IGMP) and
   Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) snooping requires the ability to
   identify the location of multicast routers.  Since snooping is not
   standardized, there are many mechanisms in use to identify the
   multicast routers.  However, this can lead to interoperability issues
   between multicast routers and snooping switches from different
   vendors.

   This document introduces a general mechanism that allows for the
   discovery of multicast routers.  This new mechanism, Multicast Router
   Discovery (MRD), introduces a standardized means of identifying
   multicast routers without a dependency on particular multicast
   routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma