Subject: [magma] IGMPv3/MLDv2 - How to merge pending state change reports in such cases?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:38:20 +0800

- Robustness Variable of 5
- After first state(STATE1) change, during the retransmission interval of 
the first change(suppose only retransmit 2 times of first state change 
report), a second state (STATE2) change occurs.

Case 1:
STATE0 - INCLUDE(A)
STATE1 - INCLUDE(B)
STATE2 - EXCLUDE(C)

For the first state change, we should send a ALLOW(B-A), BLOCK(A-B) Report 
to the router, then add sources (B-A) + (A-B) to the re-transmission 
source list. 
During the retransmission interval of the first change, the second state 
change occurs, as this state change is Filter Mode change, it triggers a 
TO_EX(C) report send to Router. 
The question is how to deal with the sources in the pending report in 
order to confirm successive state changes will not break the robustness of 
the protocol? Are these sources(in retransmission list) merely discarded 
or after the Filter Mode Change report is transmitted ,then re-schedule an 
additional source-change report? If so, how to compute the sources in the 
ALLOW, BLOCK records?

Case 2:

STATE0 - INCLUDE(A)
STATE1 - EXCLUDE(B)
STATE2 - INCLUDE(C)

For the first state change, we should send a TO_EX(B) Report to the 
router, then add B to the re-transmission source list.
During the retransimission interval of the first change, the second state 
change occurs, it triggers a TO_IN(C) report send to Router.
How to merge this TO_IN record with the previous TO_EX record?

Thanks!

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma