Subject: [magma] RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib(MulticastGroup Membership Discovery MIB) to Proposed Standard

From: "Wijnen, Bert \(Bert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 10:43:37 +0200

Based on the errors/warnings I get from both SMICNG and SMILINT, I
wonder how 
how an IETF Last Call can go out for a MIB module in this shape.

I did not look at any MIB details yet.

I get this from SMICng:

C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng mgmd.inc
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (90,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (246,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (487,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (590,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (644,27) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
TimeTicks
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (751,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (835,38) A SIZE or range clause may not be used with
ENUM
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (797,5) Item "mgmdRouterInterfaceIfIndex" in sequence
"MgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry" is not a column for row
"mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (798,5) Item "mgmdRouterCacheAddressType" in sequence
"MgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry" is not a column for row
"mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (799,5) Item "mgmdRouterCacheAddress" in sequence
"MgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry" is not a column for row
"mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (910,5) Item "mgmdRouterCacheAddressType" in sequence
"MgmdRouterSrcListEntry" is not a column for row "
mgmdRouterSrcListEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (911,5) Item "mgmdRouterCacheAddress" in sequence
"MgmdRouterSrcListEntry" is not a column for row "mgmd
RouterSrcListEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (912,5) Item "mgmdRouterCacheIfIndex" in sequence
"MgmdRouterSrcListEntry" is not a column for row "mgmd
RouterSrcListEntry"
E: f(mgmd.mi2), (784,1) Row "mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry" must have leaf
objects defined under it
W: f(mgmd.mi2), (791,18) Row "mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry" does not have
a consistent indexing scheme - cannot specify a n index item from
additional "base row" mgmdRouterInterfaceEntry, since can have only one
"base row" which is mgmdRouter CacheEntry

*** 14 errors and 1 warning in parsing

And I get this from smilint:

C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smilint -m -l 6 -s ./MGMD-STD-MIB
./MGMD-STD-MIB:39: [3] {revision-missing} revision for last update is
missing
./MGMD-STD-MIB:90: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:100: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdHostInterfaceQuerierType' in sequence and object type defi nition
do not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:246: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:256: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdRouterInterfaceQuerierType' in sequence and object type de finition
do not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:487: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:494: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdHostCacheAddressType' in sequence and object type definiti on do
not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:590: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:597: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdRouterCacheAddressType' in sequence and object type defini tion do
not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:644: [2] {subtype-illegal} subtyping not allowed
./MGMD-STD-MIB:751: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:756: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdInverseHostCacheAddressType' in sequence and object type d
efinition do not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:798: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdRouterCacheAddressType' in sequence and object type defini tion do
not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:835: [2] {size-illegal} illegal size restriction for
non-octet-string parent type `InetAddressType'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:842: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdHostSrcListAddressType' in sequence and object type defini tion do
not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:910: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mgmdRouterCacheAddressType' in sequence and object type defini tion do
not match
./MGMD-STD-MIB:796: [3] {sequence-no-column} SEQUENCE element #1
`mgmdRouterInterfaceIfIndex' is not a child node under
`mgmdRouterInverseCacheEntry'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:784: [5] {index-element-not-accessible} warning: exactly
one index element of row `mgmdRouterInverseCache Entry' must be
accessible
./MGMD-STD-MIB:909: [3] {sequence-no-column} SEQUENCE element #1
`mgmdRouterCacheAddressType' is not a child node under
`mgmdRouterSrcListEntry'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:909: [3] {sequence-no-column} SEQUENCE element #2
`mgmdRouterCacheAddress' is not a child node under `mgm
dRouterSrcListEntry'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:909: [3] {sequence-no-column} SEQUENCE element #3
`mgmdRouterCacheIfIndex' is not a child node under `mgm
dRouterSrcListEntry'
./MGMD-STD-MIB:102: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:258: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:496: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:524: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:599: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:620: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:758: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:844: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:862: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
`InetAdressType' object
./MGMD-STD-MIB:917: [5] {inetaddress-inetaddresstype} warning:
`InetAddress' object should have an accompanied preceding
 `InetAdressType' object	
Bert Wijnen  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:24 PM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib (Multicast Group 
> Membership Discovery MIB) to Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG has received a request from the Multicast & Anycast Group 
> Membership WG (magma) to consider the following document:
> 
> - 'Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB '
>    <draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits 
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to 
> the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-09-13. Exceptionally, comments

> may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain 
> the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-10.txt
> 
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=vie
> w_id&dTag=
> 10603&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma