Subject: [magma] igmp behaviour

From: vijayananda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:37:54 +0530

Hi All

          What should be the behavior of the igmpv3 router when v2 hosts
exist?

Should it send v3 query on the v2 host interface or v3 query?

If it sends v3 query query host will not be able to process it, as it
doesnot understans....

Regards

vijay

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:01:38 -0400

Vijay,
      Does section 7.3.2 of RFC 3376 answer your question?

Regards,
Brian

vijayananda wrote:
> doesnot understans……..
> This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
> 
>  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>