Subject: [magma] What is an IGMPv3 Router's initial current state for a multicast group?

From: "Suvendu Mozumdar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:34:53 +0530

Hi,
      I have a query regarding the IGMPv3/MLD Router behaviour. In
IGMPv3/MLDv2, the action of a router on receiving a report message for a
particular Group depends on the router's current state for the group at the
time of receiving the report, as defined in section 6.4 of RFC 3376. Now
what should be a router's initial current state for a group when it has
received the first report for the group, lets say a router comes up afresh
and receives the first report message for a group G1 with filter mode
TO_EX(NULL). Now it has to consider some initial current state for the group
and then based on that it has to take an action for the TO_EX(NULL) report.

My question is what should be a router's initial current state for a group.
I feel it should be INCLUDE(NULL), please advise.

-- 
Suvendu Mozumdar.
QA Architect.
Ixia Technologies Pvt. Ltd
9th Floor, Infinity Tower II
Sector V, Saltlake.
Kolkata 700091.
INDIA.
Mob : +919874081221
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma