Subject: Least Resistance Routing

From: George Aggelou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:53:44 +0100

Hi all,

I am looking for a paper named "Least Resistance Routing" by Michael
Pursley.

If any of you have a soft-copy (i.e. .ps, .txt etc.) could you please
e-mail me  a copy of it?

Regards,
George A.
-- 
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.     
George Aggelou			     	
Centre for Communications Systems Research   
Mobile Communications Research Group      		
University of Surrey  		     

E-mail:	[email-masked]	     	
Tel:	+44 (0)1483 300 800 ext. 3468    
Fax:	+44 (0)1483 259504		     	
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

---

From: Jose Garcia-Luna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:09:30 -0700

George:

best I can do is point you to IEEE JSAC July 93 vol 41, no. 7,
"Routing in Freq.-Hop Pkt Radio Nets. with Partial-Band Jamming."

LRR is like the SURAN routing protocol (Bellman-Ford) but the metric
used is different and based on interference. I like the metric, but do
not support the use of distributed Bellman-Ford as the underlying
routin algorithm.

JJ

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:29:14 -0400

>"Routing in Freq.-Hop Pkt Radio Nets. with Partial-Band Jamming."

There was a related downloadable presentation referenced at the site
http://www.isr.umd.edu/Courses/Workshops/MANET/program.html
which is the DARPA/ARO Workshop on MANET site from March 1997.
When I try to download its not found. Scott? it this around somewhere.

>not support the use of distributed Bellman-Ford as the underlying

Vigorous nodding..

---

From: "M. Scott Corson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

> When I try to download its not found. Scott? it this around somewhere.

Actually...all that is there is a .ps file of the LRR paper I 
think...never got the slides from Mike.

> >not support the use of distributed Bellman-Ford as the underlying

Poor Bellman-Ford...;-(...it really is a good idea--in principle.

---

From: Zygmunt Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 07:47:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everyone:

Two references to M. Pursley's papers are:

M.B. Pursley, "Investigation of least resistance routing in SINGARS packet
radio network," Proc of the 1996 Tactical COmmunications Conference, Fort
Wayne, IN, April 30-May 2, 1996

M.B. Pursley, "Routing in frequency-hop packet radio networks with
partial jamming," IEEE Trans. on Comm., vol.41, no.7, July 1993

Zygmunt Haas.
==-=-==-=-=-=-
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas             tel: +1-607-255-3454
Wireless Networks Laboratory
323 Frank Rhodes Hall             fax: +1-607-255-9072
School of Electrical Engineering  
Cornell University                e-mail: [email-masked]
Ithaca, N.Y. 14853                
U.S.A                             http://www.ee.cornell.edu/~haas/wnl.html
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

---

From: Jose Garcia-Luna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:22:34 -0700

Zygmunt: thanks for the correct reference (I had stated "JSAC" instead
of Trans on Comm)....

Jyoti: You were right!

JJ