Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 10:45:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) for Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Haas, M. Pearlman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 08-Sep-98
	
   This document describes the Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP), a hybrid
   routing protocol suitable for a wide variety of mobile ad-hoc
   networks, especially those with large network spans and diverse
   mobility patterns.  Each node proactively maintains routes within a
   local region (referred to as the routing zone).  Knowledge of the
   routing zone topology is leveraged by the ZRP to improve the
   efficiency of a reactive route query/reply mechanism.  The proactive
   maintenance of routing zones also helps improve the quality of
   discovered routes, by making them more robust to changes in network
   topology. The ZRP can be configured for a particular network by
   proper selection of a single parameter, the routing zone radius.
 
   This version of the ZRP internet draft describes a number of
   features which have been added to the protocol.  The distance-vector
   based IARP algorithm has been enchanced to prevent the 'counting
   to infinity problem'.  Route caching is now supported by the IERP
   route discovery process.  By allowing discovered route information
   to be distributed in caches, route accumulation in the IERP query/
   reply packets can be avoided, thereby reducing the amount of
   route discovery traffic, and improving the query response time.
   Two additional (optional) stages have also been added to the route
   discovery process, to support the acquisition and optimization of
   source routes.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.