Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:02:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cluster Based Routing Protocol(CBRP) 
	Author(s)	: M. Jiang, J. Li, Y. Tay
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 12-Aug-99
	
Cluster Based Routing Protocol (CBRP) is a routing protocol designed
for use in mobile ad hoc networks.  The protocol divides the nodes of
the ad hoc network into a number of overlapping or disjoint 2-hop-
diameter clusters in a distributed manner.  A cluster head is elected
for each cluster to maintain cluster membership information. Inter-
cluster routes are discovered dynamically using the cluster
membership information kept at each cluster head.  By clustering
nodes into groups, the protocol efficiently minimizes the flooding
traffic during route discovery and speeds up this process as well.
Furthermore, the protocol takes into consideration the existence of
uni-directional links and uses these links for both intra-cluster and
inter-cluster routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.