Subject: AODV Draft Changes

From: Elizabeth Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:47:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

A couple people have asked for a list of changes between AODV draft
versions 3 and 4.  Here are the major changes:

1.  Addition of Route Error (RERR) message type.  The RERR message
is used for reporting link breaks in active routes.  This message
was previously a type of Unsolicited Route Reply.  The propagation 
of the RERR is slightly different than with the Unsolicited RREP.  
(Sections 6 and 9.8)

2.  Addition of Group Hello (GRPH) message type.  This message was 
previously an incarnation of the Route Reply as well. (Sections 8 and
10.11)

3.  Change in some of the extension fields due to the new message types.
(Sections 15.2, 15.3, 15.4)

4.  Addition of Source IP Address field for the RREP. (Section 5)

5.  Inclusion of section on Forwarding Route Replies. (Section 9.5)

6.  Inclusion of a Prune Timer after a link break in the multicast tree.
(Section 10.8)

7.  Specification of action when multicast group leader wishes to leave
the multicast group (Section 10.7)

8.  Removal of Service Location ability. (Throughout draft)

Regards,
Elizabeth