Subject: Notes

From: Chai Keong Toh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

DSR :

<draft-ietf-manet-dsr-03.txt>
This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
   all provisions of Section 10 of RFC 2026 except that the right to
   produce derivative works is not granted.

TORA: 

draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt
This document is an Internet-Draft and is NOT offered in accordance
   with Section 10 of RFC2026, and the author does not provide the IETF
   with any rights other than to publish as an Internet-Draft.

Josh and Vincent,

Have there been changes in these declarations on usage??

C-K. Toh

---

From: George Aggelou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 17:40:14 +0100

C-K, if your comments are not I-D-specifc why you don;t comment on the
other MANET I-Ds as well?  \
Should I assume in this way that you express a specific interest on
these two I-Ds or just that the other MANET I-Ds are in full conformance
with provisions of Section 10 if RFC 2026 and hence no need to comment
on them?

Just curiosity.. ~:)

Regards,
George A.

-- 
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.     
George Aggelou			     	
Centre for Communications Systems Research   
Mobile Communications Research Group      		
University of Surrey  		     

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/G.Aggelou
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

---

From: "Vincent D. Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:11:35 -0400

>Have there been changes in these declarations on usage??

I'm not sure that I understand your question. The statements are part of
the boilerplate for internet drafts. The IESG approved a new boilerplate
earlier this year (http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt). The
submission of draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt is the first draft of TORA
since the new boilerplate was approved.

-Vince

 Vincent D. Park                 
 Information Technology Division 
 Naval Research Laboratory       
 4555 Overlook Avenue SW             
 Washington, DC 20375-5000

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:35:15 -0400

>since the new boilerplate was approved.

Exactly -- I don't understand your question either, C-K.  Have you read
RFC 2026?  Have you read the "Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts"
document at http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt?  This is
standard boilerplate text.  This is the second DSR draft submission
since the new requirements for this boilerplate were enacted, and both
have had the same boilerplate.

					Dave