Subject: NovaRoam Commercial Release

From: Mike Geile <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:04:24 -0400

The product that was referred to is the NovaRoam product described at
http://www.novaengineering.com/novaroam.html. We have passed FCC approval
and are awaiting the final information before we can offer it for sale. 

The "radio" is a bit different than the WaveLan or other 802.11 devices.
It's actually a mobile router complete with an IP stack that we've developed
with another company. We've built the entire product in-house and have all
the source to the stack protocols etc. so we can get to all communications
parameters efficiently. Static routing is what's available right now, and we
are in test on IMEP and an ad hoc routing implementation. The "information"
interfaces are 10BaseT (ethernet baseband) and the RF interface. It operates
in the ISM (902-928 MHz) band using direct sequence spread spectrum. The
range we achieve is more substantial than the 2.4 MHz radios (like WaveLan)
because we operate at a lower frequency (better propagation) and we provide
more energy per bit. The market we are targeting requires longer range which
necessitates lower data rates. The cost of each radio is $1895 - if you
decide to try them out, just request a formal quote (we're taking orders now
- call Michael Rauf at 513.860.3456 or [email-masked]). Upgrades will be
software downloads via the internet. We have FCC approval and are awaiting
final paperwork before we can sell the devices - should be any day now. 

I've include an application notes as an attachment.

 <<NovaRoam 900 DS Range.doc>>