Subject: CFP: Workshop on Optical Networks

From: Krishna Sivalingam - EECS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:23:55 -0700 (PDT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please find enclosed the CFP for the "Workshop on Optical Networks" to
be held in Dallas, Jan 31 - Feb 1, 2000.  Please note that the
submission deadline (Nov 1) is coming up soon.

Please feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be
interested. 

We apologize if you happen to receive this copy multiple times.

Regards
Publicity Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                   WORKSHOP ON OPTICAL NETWORKS

                  January 31 - February 1, 2000
                 The University of Texas at Dallas

              Co-sponsored by IEEE Region 5, ACM, SPIE

Emerging optical technologies, together with the rapidly rising demand 
for network bandwidth, are fueling an increasing amount of research in
the field of optical networks.  A new optical network layer is evolving
which focuses on providing advanced optical capabilities, such as optical
reconfiguration, wavelength provisioning, and all-optical protection and
restoration.  New network protocols and architectures, in local, 
metropolitan, and wide-area environments, must be developed in order to
fully utilize this emerging optical layer, and to create an efficient 
optical network that will ultimately provide end-to-end optical 
services.  This workshop provides a forum for information exchange and 
open discussion covering the technical and commercial development of 
optical network technologies, architectures, protocols, and applications.  

Topics:

Papers are solicited in all research and applied areas related to
optical networking including, but not limited to:

   * Optical WDM and TDM networks
   * Architectures and protocols for optical networks
   * Optical network applications
   * Optical switching technologies
   * IP over WDM
   * Optical infrastructures
   * Network management
   * Optical protection and restoration
   * Network performance
   * Quality of Service in optical networks

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Papers should be submitted in postscript or PDF format to 
[email-masked] or [email-masked].  Papers are limited 
to 20 double-spaced pages (11 pt.) including illustrations and 
references.  

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline:       November 1, 1999
Acceptance notification:   December 1, 1999
Final manuscript due:      December 10, 1999

GENERAL CHAIR 

Imrich Chlamtac, University of Texas at Dallas

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS 

Andrea Fumagalli, University of Texas at Dallas
Jason Jue, University of Texas at Dallas

PUBLICITY CHAIR 

Krishna Sivalingam, Washington State University

LOCAL CHAIR 

Gerald Burnham, University of Texas at Dallas

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Richard Cardwell, Telcordia
Joe Cook, MCI Worldcom
Debasish Datta, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Piet Demeester, University of Ghent, Belgium
Nasir Ghani, Nokia
Mark Karol, Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies 
Bo Li, University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Guifang Li, University of Central Florida
Marco Ajmone Marsan, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Francesco Masetti, Alcatel
Eytan Modiano, MIT
Biswanath Mukherjee, University of California, Davis
Achille Pattavina, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Chunming Qiao, SUNY Buffalo
Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
George Rouskas, North Carolina State University
Bill St. Arnaud, Canarie Inc.
David Su, NIST
Harmen R. van As, Vienna Institute of Technology, Austria
Alan Willner, University of Southern California