Subject: Multiple Access

From: "Saket Agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 17:58:05 GMT

Hi,
Are there any papers of interest regarding Multiple Access techniques in ad 
hoc networks, i have come across many papers for MA in Packet Radio Networks 
but none for ad hoc networks,
Thanks for the help,

Regards
Saket

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Andrew Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:43:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Saket,

There is quite a substantial amount of published research in this area.  
A few of our papers addressed this topic, and also include references to
earlier work:

I. Chlamtac, A. D. Myers, V. R. Syrotiuk, and G. Zaruba "An Adaptive Media
Access Control (MAC) Protocol for Reliable Broadcast in Wireless
Networks," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on
Communications (ICC), New Orleans, LA, June 18-22, 2000.

I. Chlamtac, A. Farago, A. D. Myers, V. R. Syrotiuk, and G. Zaruba
"A Performance Comparison of Hybrid and Conventional MAC Protocols for
Wireless Networks," Proceedings of the IEEE International Vehicular
Technology Conference (VTC-Spring), Tokyo, Japan, May 15-18, 2000.

I. Chlamtac, A. Farago, A. D. Myers, V. R. Syrotiuk, and G. Zaruba "ADAPT:
A Dynamically Self-Adjusting Media Access Control Protocol for Ad Hoc
Networks," Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference
(GLOBECOM), Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, December 5-9, 1999.

There are also many university research labs working in this area.  For
example, the UCSC Computer Communications Group has been very active in
this area (http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/research/ccrg/homefl.html).  Also check
out the Reutgers WINLAB (http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/pub/Index.html).

I would also suggest searching of some of the on-line technical libraries,
such as the ACM digital library (http://www.acm.org/dl) and IEEE/IEE
Electronic Library (http://iel.ihs.com).

This should give you a good place to start.

Best regards,
Andrew

Center for Advanced Telecommunications Systems and Services (CATSS)
Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
University of Texas at Dallas
Richardson, TX                           http://catss.utdallas.edu

---

From: Zygmunt Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:27:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Saket,

FYI, here are a few examples of our work:

* Z.J. Haas, J. Deng, and S. Tabrizi, "Collision-Free Medium Access
Control Scheme for Ad-Hoc Networks,"IEEE MILCOM'99, Altantic City, 
NJ, October 31 - November 3, 1999 

* Z.J. Haas and J. Deng, "Dual Busy Tone Multiple Access (DBTMA): A Medium
Access Control for Multihop Networks," IEEE Wireless Communications and
Networking Conference 1999 (WCNC'99),New Orleans, LA, September 21-24,
1999

* Z.J. Haas and J. Deng, "Dual Busy Tone Multiple Access (DBTMA) -
Performance Evaluation," VTC'99, Houston, TX, May 16-20, 1999 

Enjoy!

Zygmunt.
===-=====
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    tel: +1-607-255-3454
Wireless Networks Laboratory		                  
School of Electrical Engineering         fax: +1-607-255-9072 
Cornell University
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 e-mail: [email-masked]
Ithaca, NY 14853			 
U.S.A                             http://www.ee.cornell.edu/~haas/wnl.html
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

---

From: Amir Qayyum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:31:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

You can look at this paper "Comparison of CSMA and CSMA with active
signaling in wireless LANs", presented at a workshop on High Speed
Networks (HSN'97), in Stuttgart, Germany. A postscript version is
attached with this mail.

-- Amir