Subject: Multiple Access

From: "Saket Agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:35:06 GMT

Hi,
From the arguments i read, there is a distinct similarity between PRN and ad 
hoc networks if not nearly the same,
Also that, it is not the type of MA scheme that one chooses (whether it be 
FDMA,CDMA,TDMA) that is important, but the important part is the MAC 
protocol that controls it whether it be ALOHA, CSMA, DBTMA or MACA, is this 
true?
Then what sets the definition for the MA scheme to use(not control scheme), 
is it network dependant, topology dependant or based on the available 
bandwidth that has to be divided among the nodes of the network?
I hope my question is clear,
Thanks,
Regards
Saket

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "B.S.Manoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:22:59 +0530 (IST)

saket,
The primary and major difference between any wireless network and Ad hoc
networks is "Multihop access" between nodes taking part in communication. 

All these multiple access schemes are  applicable when a common
resource(for e.g. spectrum) is to be shared among a number of stations,
provided all stations have access to the resources.

Ad hoc(i.e multihop wireless) networks may use any one these MA schemes
depending on the Availability of resources/ Type of applications for eg.
military or collaborative computing in a conference etc.

sincerely

-bsm.