Subject: FINAL call for papers - special issue on MANET

From: Nitin H Vaidya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 06:29:55 -0500 (CDT)

**** Due date extended by 1 week (to August 22)
   ****	due to several requests.

                       Call for Papers

             IEEE Personal Communications Magazine

                       Special Issue

                            on

             Advances in Mobile Ad Hoc Networking
             ------------------------------------

Motivation and Scope

A mobile ad hoc network is a collection of wireless nodes
that can dynamically form a network without using any
pre-existing network infrastructure. Due to the potential
ease of deployment, many applications have been conceived
for such networks, including personal area networking,
home networking, and battlefield applications.

The objective of the proposed special issue is to provide
the readers with an overview of the recent progress in the
field of wireless ad hoc networks. Ad hoc networking is
gaining importance with the increasingly widespread
application of wireless technology in day-to-day civilian
applications as well as military applications.

Scope of the proposed special issue will include various
issues related to mobile ad hoc networks -- papers related
to upper layers of the protocol stack, including applications,
are particularly encouraged. Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to, the following:

     * Ad hoc mobile applications
     * Routing protocols
     * Energy-efficient protocols
     * Sensor-based Ad Hoc Networks
     * Quality of service issues
     * Security-related issues
     * Implementation and operational experiences

Important Dates

     * Paper submission due date (extended) : August 22, 2000

     * Accept/reject decisions by: October 30, 2000

     * Revised papers due: November 30, 2000

     * Publication date: February 2001

Submission Instructions

  Electronic paper submission is requested -- acceptable formats
  are MS Word, PostScript and Portable Document Format (PDF).

  Submissions should not exceed 24 double-spaced pages.
  List of references may be single-spaced.

  Please e-mail your submission to [email-masked] (Nitin Vaidya).

  In addition, please e-mail a plain-text abstract and title
  for your paper to [email-masked] (Parviz Kermani).

  Due date for all submissions is August 15, 2000.

  Important: After a paper is submitted for review, the submitting
  author would be sent an acknowledgement, including the number
  assigned to the paper. If such an acknowledgement is not received
  within a week of submitting the paper, the authors are requested
  to contact the guest editors.

It is anticipated that approximately 7 papers will be accepted
for publication in this special issue.

Guest Editors:

Parviz Kermani                         Nitin H. Vaidya
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center       Computer Science Dept.
30 Saw Mill River Road                 301 H.R.Bright Building
Hawthorne, NY 10532                    Texas A&M University
U.S.A.                                 College Station, TX 77843-3112
                                       U.S.A.

Phone: 914-784-7769                    Phone: 979-845-0512
Fax:   914-784-6205                    Fax:   979-847-8578
E-mail: [email-masked]              E-mail: [email-masked]