Subject: ZRP and QoS

From: "Alberto Ziglioli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:12:24 +0200

Can anyone report informations regard supporting QoS with ZRP protocol in manet or point me out some works. No draft exists on this aspect.
Draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-03.txt doesn't touch this issue.
Might be interesting to find a comparison between ad hoc manet protocols from the point of view of the QoS that the can offer to the applications.

Regards.
Have a good holiday

---

From: Zygmunt Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:01:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alberto,

We have done some work on the issue of QoS in ad hoc networks in
the general case; i.e., not for a specific routing protocol. We will be
reporting on this when we finish writing the paper. Applying this to
specific protocol draftd, especially the hybrid protocols such as ZRP,
would be of great interest, as you have pointed out.

Best,

Zygmunt.
===-=-====
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    tel: +1-607-255-3454
Wireless Networks Laboratory		                  
School of Electrical Engineering         fax: +1-607-255-9072 
Cornell University
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 e-mail: [email-masked]
Ithaca, NY 14853			 
U.S.A                             http://www.ee.cornell.edu/~haas/wnl.html
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-