Subject: Communication Magazine Feature Topic - Deadline Sep. 30

From: Silvia Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:41:16 +0200 (MET DST)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Call for Papers

                        IEEE Communications Magazine

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Feature Topic on

                   Challenges in Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

The focus of this Feature Topic is to identify, present and analyse the
theoretical and implementation issues critical as well as the
challenges to the design and deployment of mobile ad-hoc networks.
A Mobile ad-hoc network is a system of wireless mobile nodes dynamically
self-organising in temporary and arbitrary network
topologies. Mobile ad hoc networks are based on self-organising, mobile
networking infrastructures, and can operate in isolation or be
connected to the greater Internet.
Examples of applications of the ad hoc networking technology vary from
military operations to disaster relief during natural catastrophes,
Consequently, mobile ad hoc networks can have extremely different sizes,
which can range from few nodes up to some millions.

Contributions are solicited topics including, but not limited to:

   * Routing in ad hoc networks,
   * GPS based addressing and routing for mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * self-organising network architectures and protocols,
   * scalability issues and scalable protocols for mobile ad-hoc
     networks,
   * emerging technologies for mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * mobile ad-hoc networks and Internet,
   * applications of mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * MAC protocols for mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * mobile ad-hoc networks experiments and prototypes,
   * analysis and simulation of mobile networking protocols,
   * power management in mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * resource and information management for mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * security and authentication for mobile ad-hoc networks,
   * wireless and mobile local area networks.

Submission Guidelines:

Submissions should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliations,
addresses, fax and phone numbers, and email addresses. Please submit full
papers, not previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere to
one of the guest editors electronically (postscript, pdf or MS Word).
Please also send a separate email with authors' names, addresses, fax and
telephone numbers, title and abstract of the paper. Hard copies should be
sent only if electronic submission is not possible.

Guest Editors:

Willie W. Lu                                  Silvia Giordano
SIEMENS                                       Department of Communication Systems
1730 North First Street                       Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
M/S 14303                                     ICA-DSC-EPFL
San Jose, CA 95112, U.S.A                     CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
FAX: +1 408 501 2403                          FAX: +41 21 6936610
Email: [email-masked]                          Email: [email-masked]

Important Deadlines:

Manuscript Due:            September 30, 2000
Acceptance Notification:   November 01, 2000
Final Revised Manuscript   February 28, 2001
Due:                       March 30, 2001
Manuscripts to publisher:
Publication:               June 2001

Useful Links:

Magazine home page:http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/index.html

Author guidelines:http://www.comsoc.org/~ci/pub_guidelines.html

Feature Topic CFP URLs:
http://icawww1.epfl.ch/~giordano/manetft.html

http://delson.org/si/commag/june01.html