Subject: CFP: IWSAWC

From: Yoshito Tobe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:50:17 +0900 (JST)

---------------------------------------------------------------
      International Workshop on Smart Appliances and
            Wearable Computing (IWSAWC) 2001

                  Scottsdale, AZ, USA
                   April 16, 2001

In conjunction with the 21st International Conference on
Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS-21)
 
---------------------------------------------------------------

                     CALL  FOR  PAPERS

Over last several years, we have seen the rapid evolution in
smart appliances and devices, PDAs, and wearable computers. In 
addition, collaborative computing technologies based on these
devices enables a wealth of new prospective applications. This 
workshop offers the opportunity for in-depth exploration of 
selected topics and for the presenting the most recent research 
and development findings in these rapidly changing fields. 

Technical papers on smart devices and wearable computing are
solicited for oral presentation at IWSAWC 2001. Papers reporting
new developments in computing with smart devices such as PDAs,
wearable computers, and cellular phones, including but not
limited to those listed below, are invited. 

 - Home Networks and Wearable Networks
 - Portable Devices and Smart Sensors
 - Wearable Computers and PDAs
 - Software Architecture for Home/Smart Appliances
 - Handheld CSCW
 - Wireless-phone Computing 
 - Location-dependent Computing
 - Context-aware Computing
 - Pervasive Computing

Submission:

Submitted technical papers should not be longer than 3000 English 
words. The cover page must include title, author(s), address, and
keywords. Submit a PDF or PS file of the paper to 
[email-masked].

Important Dates:
Paper Submission Due   ..............  November 1, 2000
Notification of Acceptance ..........  December 20, 2000
Camera-Ready Due       ..............  January 20, 2001

URL: http://www.mkg.sfc.keio.ac.jp/IWSAWC/IWSAWC.html

Questions: [email-masked]

Program Chair:
Hideyuki Tokuda,       Keio University, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>

Program Commitee Members:  
Hans-W. Gellersen,     University of Karlsruhe, Germany
                       <[email-masked]>
David B. Johnson,      Rice University, USA
                       <[email-masked]>
Raj Rajkumar,          Carnegie Mellon University, USA
                       <[email-masked]>
Stephen Pink,          University of Arizona, USA
                       <[email-masked]>
Takahiko Kamae,        Laboratories of Image Information Science
                       and Technology, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>
Hirotaka Nakano,       NTT DoCoMo, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>
Takashi Kamitake,      Toshiba, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>
Nobuhiko Nishio,       Keio University, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>
Yoshito Tobe,          Keio University, Japan
                       <[email-masked]>