Subject: You've Been Added!

From: "RealestateWebpages.com" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:38:39 -0500 (EST)

This message is to confirm the addition of your
email address: [email-masked] to the 
Website Upgrades Inc. 1.7 mailing list.

If you would like to remove your self from the Website Upgrades Inc. 1.7 mailing list, 
click the link below to remove yourself automatically.

http://www.realestatewebpages.com/cgi-bin/list/s.pl?r=1&l=12&e=[email-masked]

Thank you,

Website Upgrades Inc. 1.7

---

From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:42:16 -0700

so how about, when we see the next "You've been removed"
message, no-one clicks on the "add yourself back" link, hmm?

gja

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                    http://members.home.net/garmitage/
Bell Labs Research Silicon Valley

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:27:18 -0500

Thank you Grenville:

Please relax and do not touch that ridiculously convenient "resubscribe 
link" and this will go away..

In light of this wonderful RealEstate list activity, we could begin to 
tighten subscribe/post control on the manet-related lists.  I have avoided 
enforcing "only member" (source ID checked) postings, for convenience of 
traveling/ mobile users,etc. with potential multiple source mail 
accounts,etc.  and until now I have left majordomo subscription activity 
reasonably unaudited. Would the list like to see this be more controlled 
(might catch some of this, but still nothing ideal) or continue to deal 
with occasional bad behavior for the increased flexibility in posting,etc?

A little question of preferred sociology...I vote against an increased 
police state, but the group's will rules.

-joe