Subject: Source code

From: "Chen Shuqiao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:13:43 +0800

Hi all,

Are there vendors have source code supporting MobileIP?

Best regards,
Shuqiao Chen

Any questions, please contact me.
MPhone:13607656855
OPhone:(086)0371-3941430-32986
HPhone:(086)0371-3941430-32028
Email:[email-masked]

---

From: Ya Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:15:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I realized that the random mobility model(way point) has been widely used
in ad hoc routing research. I'd like to know if there are any other 
mobility models studied in the ad hoc network research. More generally,
does mobility model have big impact on the ad hoc routing research ?

thanks

-Ya

---

From: Raymond Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 00:40:12 -0800

Hi Ya,

M. Sanchez, P. Manzoni, and Z.J. Haas, "Determination of Critical
Transmission Range in Ad-Hoc Networks," Multiaccess, Mobility and
Teletraffic for Wireless Communications (MMT'99), Venice, Italy, October
6-8, 1999

has a section on mobility models and useful references.  Mobility models 
are definitely key to a proper performance evaluation.  I am definitely not 
an expert on this issue so I'd be interested in reading further postings to 
this group.

Thanks,
Ray

---

From: Yih-Chun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:06:20 -0500 (EST)

Ya and Ray,

We had a paper at MobiCom 2000 that discusses five mobility models and
performance results for DSR on scenarios generated using these models.
The paper is available on our web page at
	http://www.monarch.cs.cmu.edu/papers.html

The citation is:
Yih-Chun Hu and David B. Johnson. Caching Strategies in On-Demand Routing
Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. Proceedings of the Sixth Annual
ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, ACM,
Boston, MA, August 2000. 

Thanks,
Yih-Chun

---

From: Hong Xiaoyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:46:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Ya and all,

We also have two papers covering mobility models. Please find them in the
following NRL under "Recent Publications":
    http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/wireless/

One is: "A Group Mobility Model for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks"
    X. Hong, M. Gerla, G. Pei, and C.-C. Chiang Proceedings of ACM/IEEE
    MSWiM'99, Seattle, WA, Aug. 1999.

The other is not online yet, but can be found in: 
    Proceedings of IEEE MDM 2001, Hong Kong, Jan. 2001.
    X. Hong, T. K. Kwon, M. Gerla, D. L. Gu and G. Pei, "A Mobility
    Framework for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks",

Thanks,

Xiaoyan