Subject: hi

From: Jian - Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:04:43 -0600 (CST)

Hi,
could you recommend me some good papers about "QoS in mobile ad hoc"?
I can't find papers published last year in this field? 

Thank you very much

Jian

---

From: Krishna Kishore K R <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:41:46 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
  I don't think any work has been done in the area of QoS in Ad
  hoc networks. At present, routing issue is being emphasized
  on.

regards,
Kishore.

---

From: "Julien.Cartigny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:46:27 +0100 (CET)

"QoS Support in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" by Kui Wu and Janelle Harms from
the Computing Science Departement of the university of Alberta. Sorry, no
bibliography or download location, I can't remember myself where i found
this paper.

Other papers:

 - "QoS routing performance in a multi-hop, wireless networks"
     Tsu-Wei Chen, Mario Gerla and Jack Tzu-Chieh Tsai
     In Proceedings of ICUPC '97.

------------------------------------------------------------------
CARTIGNY Julien 
These d'informatique dans l'equipe RD2P  a l'universite de Lille 1 
(Phd of Computer Science at the University of Lille 1 / France)
 
"Sometimes when reading Goethe I have the paralyzing suspicion that he is trying to be funny." - Guy Davenport

---

From: Shailendra Tripathi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 03:22:18 +0530 (IST)

One draft related with QoS in mobile Ad hoc networks(over AODV) 
by Perkins, Royer & Samir R Das had been published in the past.
	Its name is 
	  draft-ietf-manet-aodvqos-00.txt. 
	It is now expired but the new draft is not available at the site.
In earlier versions of AODV drafts it has been discussed in the same
drafts. Even I have this draft available with me. Concerned people may
tell you more.
	Besides it, one paper by Shigang Chen and Klara Nahrstedt,
Distributed Quality-Of-Service Routing in Ad Hoc Networks is available on
the net.(IEEE Journal On Selected Areas In Communications, Vol17,No8,1999)

Shailendra

---

From: Leonard Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:11:53 -0500

> I can't find papers published last year in this field?

There's a good unpublished survey by Wu and Harms at
  
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~wkui/research/QoSReview.ps

This manuscript makes good use of a paper in the Spring 2000 proceeding
of the Vehicular Technology Conference by Hannan Xiao et al., "A
Flexible Quality of Service Model for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks."

._.. . _.   __ .. ._.. ._.. . ._.   ._ _   _. .. ... _

Leonard E. Miller, Wireless Commun. Technologies Group
    National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
    100 Bureau Drive Stop 8920, Bldg. 820, Room 445
    Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8920
Phone: 301-975-8018        Fax: 301-590-0932
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/
._ _. ._ ._.. _.__ ... .. ...   ._ _. _..  ... .. __ .._
.._. ._ _ .. ___ _. ___...   .__ .. ._. . ._.. . ... ...

---

From: Kui Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:23:31 -0700 (MST)

Hi:

This is not a paper. It is just a broad review for my own use. If you need
it, I can send you a copy.

Kui Wu
    
Computing Science Dept.         |email: [email-masked]
U. of Alberta                   |Phone: (780) 492-7747 (O)
Edmonton,AB                     |
T6G 2E8                         |

---

From: Michael Samidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:26:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I just found out that this month issue of IEEE Comm Magazine has a article
about QoS in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks.

The title of the article is "QoS Issues in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks".
The author is Satyabrata Chakrabarti (Lucent Tech) and Amitabh Mishra
(Virginia Tech).

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Michael

************************************************************************
   Michael Samidi                              Office: (909) 787-2784
   Graduate Student (MS Program)                 Home: (909) 786-9792
   Computer Science Dept.              http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~msamidi
   University of California
   Riverside, CA 92521
************************************************************************

---

From: Lee Aik Tuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:21:34 +0800

Hi,

Do you want papers from just last year?  Anyway, to add on, I have some
links and biblio which you may want to check out.  Hope this helps.

UCLA Wireless Adaptivity Lab is doing research into similar areas:
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/wireless/index.html
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/wireless/papers.html

Ramanathan, StreenStrup. "Hierarchically-organized Multihop Mobile
Wireless Network for Quality-of-Service Support", Mobile Networks and
Applications, ACM, 3(1), 1996.

CEDAR talked about QoS Routing (Can anyone provide an update on the
status of CEDAR?)
Check the paper titled "CEDAR: a Core-Extraction Distributed Ad Hoc
Routing Algorithm".  
Reasearch done at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, but I lost
the URL.

You may also want to check out Insignia (used to be internet draft).

Also, these are in my "To Read" list :

QoS Routing
-----------
Murthy, Garcia-Luna-Aceves "A routing architecture for mobile integrated
services networks", Mobile Applications and Networks, 1998.

Iwata, Chiang, Pei, Gerla, Chen. "Scalabile Routing Strategies for Ad
Hoc Wireless Networks", IEEE JSAC 17 (8), Aug 1999.

Ho, Liu. "On-emand QoS-based Routing Protocol for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless
Networks", Proc. Symp. Computers and Communications, 2000.

Chen, Nahrstedt. "Distributed Quality-of-Service Routing in Ad Hoc
Networks", IEEE JSAC 17(8), Aug 1999.

Aggelou, Tafazolli. "A Sumulation Analysis on reactive Route Repair
techniques for QoS sensitive applications in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks",
MobiHoc 2000.

Resource Allocation
-------------------
Sobrinho, Krishnakumar. "Quality-of-service in Ad Hoc Carrier Sense
Multiple Access Wireless Networks". IEEE JSAC 17(8), Aug 1999.

Lal, Sousa. "Distributed Resource ALoocation for DS-CDMA-Based
Multimedia ad hoc Wireless LAN's", IEEE JSAC 17(5), May 1999.

> I can't find papers published last year in this field?

Lee Aik Tuan
Senior Member of Technical Staff
DSO National Laboratories
20 Science Park Drive, Singapore 118230
http://www.dso.org.sg