Subject: about DSR

From: "Abdelouahid derhab" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:34:07 +0100

in the definition of the protocol DSR you use a constant
SEND_BUFFER_TIMEOUT=30S .
does this constant mean that the data packets stay in the buffer for 30S
or it means that this time is the maximum time allowed to the data packets 
to stay in the buffer and they will be
deleted from it if the REPLY packet arrives at the source before 
SEND_BUFFER_TIMEOUT was expired. ?
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:26:53 -0600

> SEND_BUFFER_TIMEOUT was expired. ?

This is the maximum lifetime that a packet can stay in the Send Buffer
before it must be deleted.  If a route to the destination becomes
available before that, the message is transmitted and removed from the
Send Buffer, too.

					Dave