Subject: WCMC Special Issue on MANETs

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:07:31 -0600 (CST)

We  apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.

Please, feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Very truly yours,

the guest editors

*************************** CALL FOR PAPERS ***************************

                          WILEY INTERSCIENCE 
                announces a Special Issue of the Journal

           WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS & MOBILE COMPUTING (WCMC)
         (http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1530-8669/)

                                   on

      MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKING: RESEARCH, TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS

                          With Guest Editors

                         Prof. Stefano Basagni
  Center for Advanced Telecommunications Systems and Services (CATSS)
                     Department of Computer Science
                   The University of Texas at Dallas
                          [email-masked]

                            Dr. Sung-Ju Lee
                Internet and Mobile Systems Laboratories
                      Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
                            [email-masked]

* OVERVIEW:

Tertio millennio ineunte (at the dawn of the third millennium) it is
more and more clear that wireless communications will be the natural
form of communication among people, living beings and things. Virtually
every appliance will be equipped with a small, cheap, lightweight
wireless interface and the possibility of communicating anytime, from
anywhere, to anybody/thing, in the world and beyond, is imminent.

At the focal point between wireless communications and mobile computing,
mobile ad hoc networking is rising as the technology that fits better in
scenarios where fixed infrastructure, such as the one of cellular
wireless networks, is neither available nor a viable choice. Among the
major challenges imposed by the ad hoc architecture, are the mobility of
possibly all network nodes and unpredictable and continuous change in
the network topology. In addition, because of the limited radio
propagation range, routes are mostly multihop. These characteristics in
combination with bandwidth, energy and memory constraints make ad hoc
networking research interesting and challenging.

* SCOPE:

With this special issue we aim at bringing together state-of-the-art
contributions that range from papers that report novel research to
papers that describe commercial and industrial experiences. We are
seeking for papers that are original, unpublished, and not currently
under review by another conference, workshop, or journal. Topics of
interest include, but are not limited to the following:

        * Implementation and testbed experiments
        * Industrial state of the art
        * Routing, multicasting and broadcasting protocols
        * TCP and reliable multicast
        * Security and Privacy
        * Energy efficient protocols
        * Protocol analysis, evaluation and optimization
        * Bluetooth and home networking
        * Medium access control
        * Applications
        * Quality of service
        * Sensor networks
        * Pervasive computing
        * Interoperation with wired/cellular networks
        * Clustering
        * Network architecture and management
        * Congestion, admission and flow control

* PUBLICATION SCHEDULE:

   o MANUSCRIPT DUE: August 31, 2001
   o ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: December 15, 2001
   o FINAL MANUSCRIPT DUE: January 15, 2002
   o PUBLICATION DATE: Second quarter 2002

* SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Authors should email an electronic (Postscript or PDF) copy of their
paper to Dr. Sung-Ju Lee, [email-masked], by August 31, 2001.
Submissions should be limited to 20 double space pages excluding
figures, graphs and illustrations. If email submission is impossible
then six (6) copies of the paper (double-sided if possible) should be
sent by the due date to:

     Dr. Sung-Ju Lee
     Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
     1501 Page Mill Road, Mailstop 1U-17
     Palo Alto, CA 94304-1126
     Tel. (650)-857-3894

For more information visit:
              http://www.utdallas.edu/~basagni/wcmcsi.html

***********************************************************************

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.          Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Center for Advanced Telecommunications Systems and Services     (CATSS)
The University of Texas at Dallas MS EC31          Richardson, TX 75080
Tel. 972 883 2216 ~~~ Fax 972 883 6204 ~~~ E-mail: [email-masked]