Subject: RE: traffic characteristics and generators

From: Phillip Neumiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:55:04 -0500

Yes, and I am preparing a draft on how SCTP can be of benefit to
ad hoc networks as a transport protocol.  This draft is still
pretty "young".  Anybody else interested in this possibility?

-phil
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> 
> It is well known that TCP has problems in mobile networks, since
> it was designed to perform well in fixed networks in which congestion
> is the main cause of packet loss.  Therefore, although it is
> interesting to show that one protocol performs better than
> another protocol using TCP, it would probably be better to use 
> a modification of TCP that is better suited for wireless networks.
> 
****************************************************************************
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the
named addressee or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
named addressee, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the
e-mail and destroy any printed copy. The contents should not be disclosed to
anyone and no copies should be made. We take reasonable precautions to
ensure that our emails are virus free. However we accept no responsibility
for any virus transmitted by us and recommend that you subject any incoming
e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.