Subject: qantitative comparision for ad hoc routing protocols

From: Dan HE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:45:44 +0100

Hello researchers,
 
Do you know who did a wide range of quantitative comprisions
for the proposed ad hoc routing protocols such as DSR, DSDR,
AODV, ZRP, OLSR, CBRP, TORA? In these routing protocols,
which one is the best in terms of routing communication
cost, routing convergent speed under node mobility etc.
plese give me some pointers,

Happy Christmas Season to all,

Dan

---

From: Yih-Chun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:08:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dan,

You may find the following papers of interest:

	http://www.monarch.cs.rice.edu/papers.html

Josh Broch, David A. Maltz, David B. Johnson, Yih-Chun Hu, and Jorjeta
Jetcheva. A Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network
Routing Protocols. In Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM/IEEE
International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, ACM, Dallas,
TX, October 1998.

	http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~eroyer/publications.html

Elizabeth M. Royer and C.-K. Toh. "A Review of Current Routing Protocols
for Ad-Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks."  IEEE Personal Communications
Magazine, April 1999, pp. 46-55. 

Samir R. Das, Charles E. Perkins, and Elizabeth M. Royer.  "Performance
Comparison of Two On-demand Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks."
Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM),
Tel Aviv, Israel, March 2000, p. 3-12. 

	http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/86299.html

Samir R. Das, Robert Castaneda and Jiangtao Yan.  "Simulation Based
Performance Evaluation of Mobile, Ad hoc Network Routing Protocols" 

And, from Mobicom 99, we have

Per Johansson, Tony Larsson, Nicklas Hedman, Bartosz Mielczarek and
Mikael Degermark. "Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks -- A
Comparative Performance Analysis." Proceedings of the Fifth International
Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom 99).

Hope this helps, and that everyone has a happy holiday season.

Thanks,
Yih-Chun