Subject: Re: Implementation of MANET routing protocol

From: Fan Bai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:11:42 -0800

Hello, all,

here is the reply from Dr. Toh at GeorgiaTech about my query for the implementation 
of MANET protocols, I hope it will be useful for all of us.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Fan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fan -

I have an implementation of associativity-based routing since 1997 and
works pretty well with and without mobility. We evaluated communication
throughput, e2e delay, packet loss, route discovery time, route repair
time, FTP times, etc. It can also support HTTP, and TELNET.

Papers/articles describing its implementation can be found in:

C-K. Toh, George Lin, and Minar Delwar. Implementation and Evaluation of
An Adaptive Routing Protocol for Infrastructureless Ad Hoc Mobile
Networks(ABR Protocol Implementation), Proceedings of IEEE International
Conference on Computer Communications & Networks (IC3N), Las Vegas, 2000.

C-K. Toh, Richard Chen, Minar Delwar, and Donald Allen. Experimenting with
an Ad Hoc Wireless Network on Campus: Insights and Experiences. ACM SIGMETRICS
Performance Evaluation Review, Vol. 28, No. 3, pages 21-29, 2001.

and

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=193X3P3EXN&mscssid=03RVE3GTHUSM9L3W1XB7CL0GLGH32B95&isbn=0130078174

Enjoy.