Subject: Shadowing in network simulator

From: Yi Lv <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:42:26 -0500 (EST)

Dear All:

I am wondering if there's some network simulator that includes the
shadowing in the propagation model. As i know, GloMoSim, ns-2 and OPNET
all do not inlcude shadowing, while they have added or are going to add
multipath fading. Is that because shadowing is not an main factor in
ad-hoc network environment? Or is it hard to simulate?

Thanks a lot!
BR/Yi Lu

---

From: "David R. Gervais" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:48:13 -0500

Yi,
	QualNet does...at least they say they do. Apparently, they are releasing 
an update in February.

	http://www.qualnet.com/products/QualNet/mobilitymodels.html

-Dave

-- 
+++---
David Gervais
Communications Engineer
MITRE Corporation

Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (781) 271-2807