Subject: wireless multipath fading effect

From: Ya Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:13:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'd like to know if anybody implements wireless multipath fading effects
in simulator like ns.

thanks

-Ya

---

From: Mineo Takai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:26:45 -0800

Hi Ya,

We implemented Rayleigh/Ricean fading models in GloMoSim, and published
their impacts on the performance of ad hoc routing protocols (AODV and
DSR) in the following paper (the same paper mentioned in my previous
message to this list):

Mineo Takai, Jay Martin and Rajive Bagrodia
"Effects of Wireless Physical Layer Modeling in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks"
Proceedings of MobiHoc 2001, October 2001
ftp://pcl.cs.ucla.edu/pub/papers/mobihoc.ps

The same fading models are also included in QualNet, the next generation
of GloMoSim. As cited in our paper, fading models similar to ours are
also available in ns-2, but I am not sure if fading effects can properly
be simulated in ns-2 due to no SNR / BER calculation made at the
physical layer. (Please read my previous message for more detailed
information.)

Regards,

Mineo