Subject: detailed protocol stack for mobile ad hoc network

From: "Michael Sessinghaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:02:00 +0100

Hi,
Where can i get a figure about the protocol stack (e.g. data flow) with detailed information about the protocols like MAC-Layer , LL, ARP, Routing Protocol (AODV, DSR, ...), TCP, IP and others for mobile ad hoc networks?
The description in the chapter "Wireless Networking" of ns-2 documentation isnt´t really clear and detailed.

Thankful for your help, Michael.

---

From: "Dr. Obscure" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:43:22 -0800

At 12:02 PM 1/17/2002 +0100, Michael Sessinghaus wrote:
>Hi,
>Where can i get a figure about the protocol stack (e.g. data flow) with 
>detailed information about the protocols like MAC-Layer , LL, ARP, Routing 
>Protocol (AODV, DSR, ...), TCP, IP and others for mobile ad hoc networks?

Well... I'm sure there are others, but you can review our Milcom'97 paper 
on "Wireless Internet Gateways -- WINGS" for a start.  It shows the WIRP 
routing protocol and FAMA mac proto, but others could be plugged in 
instead.  It's not much different than typical IP stacks, I believe...

The paper is also available at the CCRG web site --
         http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/research/ccrg/publications/chane.milcom97.ps.gz
or      http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/research/ccrg/publications/chane.milcom97.pdf

--chane