Subject: Evaluating the Scalability of 'On The Move' Routing Protocols

From: "Phil Neumiller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:25:27 -0500

On demand ad hoc networks do not scale well according to the research at the 
URL below.  Any comments on this work?

http://www.msiac.dmso.mil/journal/wong32.html

Thanks,

Phil

---

From: "Luke Klein-Berndt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:20:02 -0500

One thing this paper seems to suggest is that 802.11 does not handle scaling
well. The long delays in finding routes through larger networks described in
the paper, might have been the result of an overloaded channel. The delays
could have been a result of the MAC layer finding a crowded channel and
having to back off. I wonder what effect changing the MAC layer to something
which is designed to scale better would have.

-Luke Klein-Berndt

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Phil Neumiller
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Evaluating the Scalability of 'On The Move' Routing Protocols

Thanks,

Phil