Subject: RE: Will GPS be very important in ad hoc network?

From: Marwaha Shivanajay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:59:37 +0800

One use of GPS that I came across for routing is described in the attch()
paper.
It uses GPS location info to narrow down the flooding, making use of
expected & routing zones in on demand routing protocols.
http://www.cs.tamu.edu/faculty/vaidya/papers/mobile-computing/mobicom98.pdf

Regards,
Shivanajay Marwaha

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RS, ECE Dept., NUS.
Singapore.
http://www.nus.edu.sg/
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Jacquet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 6:41 PM
To: veron@263; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Will GPS be very important in ad hoc network?

This is an old question. GPS can only be used outdoor and does not
necessarily reflect the connectivity of the network. For example two nodes
may have close coordinates but are out of radio range because there is an
obstacle between them (tree, cars, building, hill). Conversely two nodes
maybe far away and are within radio range because of favorable echos (two
nodes in a long narrow street between steel-glass buildings).

Philippe
----- Original Message -----
From: "veron@263" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:00 AM
Subject: Will GPS be very important in ad hoc network?

> Hello all,
>        I'd like to know if a GPS is implemented in the node of the ad hoc
network, Will the topology management problem can be solved? and the routing
protocol can also be simpler than nowadays? If location can be sure of, the
communication problem can be changed into "power consumption(saving)
problem" and "MAC problem"? Thanks in advance, who have interests on this
fields.
>
>
> ????????????????????????????veron
> ????????????????????????????[email-masked]
> ??????????????????????????????????2002-01-16