Subject: RE: [manet] promiscuous mode

From: "Mullen, John P. (Contractor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:27:31 -0600

Hi Jürgen,

Well, I suppose this is why I studied German all those years ago.  Even so,
your English is a darn sight better than my German.  

I'm willing to give reading the paper a whack, but my German technical
dictionary is very much outdated.  Can anyone recommend an up-to-date
technical reference?

Thanks,

John Mullen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jürgen Nagler [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 11:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] promiscuous mode

Hi,
 
"Mullen, John P. (Contractor)" wrote:
> 
> number of additional fundamental strategies.  Has anyone ever sat down and
> described these basic MANET tools, independent of a specific protocol?

yes, but only in German. I described in my diploma thesis some of the
common concepts used in many MANET protocols. We needed this step for
creating a framework for all protocols. I used two chapters: one
describing criterions of differentiation and one describing basic
modules for all protocols.

Criterions of differentiation covered "time of route discovery
(proactive, reactive)", "algorithms for route discorvery", "structuring
mechanisms", "supported address types", "more influences (energy,
location-aware)", "transport of data". But many protocolls used at least
one solution in each section.

Basic modules covered "broadcast and flooding", "sequence numbers",
"link control (which covered promiscuous mode)", "topology dump" and
"tabelles".

I think it's sure not complete but it's a begin.

We also have a section "common functions" in our (sorry) German paper "A
framework for MANET routing protocols"
http://medien.informatik.uni-ulm.de/forschung/publikationen/wman02.pdf

Regards,
Jürgen Nagler

PS: Sorry for my poor English.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Jürgen Nagler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:37:47 +0200

Hi,

> dictionary is very much outdated.  Can anyone recommend an up-to-date

as John already found out by reading our paper the technical expressions
in the network field almost have no German translation :-)

Regards,

Jürgen Nagler

---

From: Jürgen Nagler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:37:47 +0200

Hi,

Regards,

Jürgen Nagler