Subject: Re: [manet] on-demand routing for BSD?

From: Michael Neufeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:21:03 -0600

Our AODV implementation in Click here at the University of Colorado has 
just been redone, and we're looking to release the new version within a 
month or so. We've been developing it using a tool which may be of 
interest to others on this list. The nsclick simulator is the Click 
Modular Router embedded inside of ns-2, allowing the use of Click 
routing graphs inside of ns-2 simulations. We've found it to be very 
helpful for testing and debugging. The release is a set of patches on 
top of ns-2 2.1b9 and Click 1.2.4, check out:
http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/Networking/nsclick

if you'd like to experiment with it. Feedback, comments and bug reports 
are appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike Neufeld

Douglas S. J. De Couto wrote:

> David Young wrote:
> 
>> Does any AODV implementation exist for *BSD?
>>
>> It seems like a purely "userland" implementation of AODV, DSR, and
>> other varieties of on-demand ad hoc routing are impossible because they
>> require the kernel queue packets without nexthops for long enough that
>> route discovery can be attempted. BSD kernels, however, discard packets
>> immediately when they do not know a nexthop.
> 
> 
> or you could handle the queuing and route lookup in userland, using e.g. 
> the click modular router (http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click).  we have a 
> protocol that combines DSDV and geographic forwarding implemented in 
> userlevel click (http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/grid).  others have implemented 
> DSR, AODV, and TORA using click 
> (http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/Networking/modular-adhoc.html)
> 
> d
> 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Michael Neufeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:21:03 -0600

-Mike Neufeld