Subject: [manet] MAC sequence number

From: Yougu Yuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:47:06 -0400

Hi, all. Maybe it is a little bit off topic to send this question to manet, 
but I have a question about the MAC802.11 packet sequence number.

In the MAC802.11 header, there is a sequence number. In ad-hoc network, when 
two nodes meet, how do the negotiate the sequence number pair? Is there a 
special bit in the header that says "reset the sequence number of me to the 
sequence number in this packet"? I'm reading the 802.11 standard, but it's 
too thick for a quick answer.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Yougu Yuan

----------------------------------------------------
Office Phone 603-646-0679    [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science, Dartmouth College

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet