Subject: [manet] whu no use ftp in diffserv model in ns?

From: wht_slh_bao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:35:57 +0800

hello everyone:
   Ad we know, current ns has implement diffserv model, but i find
all examples about diffserv use udp based cbr. Thus, i try ftp on tcp in diffserv, but i found tcp behave different, ie, though we config diffserv model to differentiate two tcp based ftp flows, butg result show there is little difference between them.I don not konw why ftp flows can no do as well as cbr. who can give me some thoughts. thanks in advance!
 best regard!
     haitsong

______________________________________

===================================================================
������ѵ������� (http://mail.sina.com.cn)
���˷�����Ϣ�������г���һ�ߣ��ó���ʱ�ͳ��֣� (http://classad.sina.com.cn/2shou/)

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Harpreet Arora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

what kind of results are u talking about? If its the overall
end-to-end throughput,
naturally, tcp takes care of it, not affected much by the MAC layer, 
which is where the diffserv queue is implemented. 

Harpreet

---

From: Harpreet Arora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

Harpreet

---

From: John Tapsell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:56:43 +0100

Hi,
  Has anyone heard of an IBM patent that covers, at least partially,
RSVP ?

  I saw a mention about it in a last email on an RSVP mailing list, which
stopped about 3-4 years ago..

  If anyone has any information, I'd like to know :)

Thanks

JohnFlux

---

From: John Tapsell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:56:43 +0100

Hi,

Thanks

JohnFlux