Subject: Re: [manet] Re: RE: [manet] IP addresses in MANET

From: Dario Bottazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:00:49 +0200

> I do not know any 802.11 radio that supports per-packet power level
> adjustments, but there are a few with "master" TX power controls.
> Power for the Cisco Aironet 35x is adjustable in 1mW increments. Power
> levels in the Prism chipset, too, are adjustable, but it is not known
> yet the mapping between register values and levels.

It's possible to adjust power with 802.11 Cisco Aironet... and It's also 
possible to force roaming... it's an interesting feature within MANETs, isn't 
it?

regards 
       dario 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Dario Bottazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:00:49 +0200

regards 
       dario

---

From: Miguel Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:56:28 +0200

Hi,

Cisco Aironet 35x only allow user to choose among six power levels (log 
scale):

100 mW (20 dBm)

50 mW (17 dBm)

30 mW (15 dBm)

20 mW (13 dBm)

5 mW (7 dBm)

1 mW (0 dBm)

However the units we bought in Europe only allow up to 50mW.

Regards,

Miguel Sanchez
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain

---

From: Miguel Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:56:28 +0200

Hi,

100 mW (20 dBm)

50 mW (17 dBm)

30 mW (15 dBm)

20 mW (13 dBm)

5 mW (7 dBm)

1 mW (0 dBm)

Regards,

Miguel Sanchez