Subject: [manet] 802.11 implementation in ns-2

From: Saurabh Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:23:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

There was a discussion some time back that the CMU/Monarch implementation
of 802.11 in ns-2 is dated. It is based on older 900Mhz radios, not
802.11b or 802.11a. The paper "Effects of Wireless Physical Layer
Modelling in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" from UCLA also discusses this.

Has anyone developed a better 802.11b ns-2 MAC layer since then? If not,
would anyone be interested in helping me create one?

Thanks

Saurabh Jain

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[email-masked]    Home: +1-513-556-7447, Lab: 556-3437
#511, 2930 Scioto St, Univ of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
SF3/B, Vasanth Apts, 58 Velachery Main Rd, Velachery, Chennai 42
Office: Dept of Electrical Engg, IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036, IN

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet