Subject: [manet] Final CFP: VTC 2003 Symposium on Integrated Heterogeneous Wireless Networks

From: "Dr. Hongyi Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:19:33 -0600 (CST)

(We appologize if you received multiple copies of this Call.)

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                     IEEE VTC 2003 Symposium
                                 on
                Integrated Heterogeneous Wireless Networks

                             October 4-9, 2003
                   Hyatt Orlando Hotel Orlando, Florida, USA

SYMPOSIUM CHAIR:

Dr. Hongyi Wu
The Center For Advanced Computer Studies
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

OVERVIEW

Various wireless technologies and systems, such as Cellular
System, Satellite System, Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN),
Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET), Bluetooth, Home RF Network, and the
Sensor Network, have been developed over the years, and all signs
are indicating that many more are yet to come. The emergence of
these heterogeneous wireless technologies calls for the ubiquitous
and integrated wireless infrastructures to make the communication
system robust and efficient. While the existing wireless networks
have been extensively studied individually, the integrated
wireless system brings new challenges in system management,
protocol design, performance evaluation, QoS support, etc.

We are seeking for papers that are original, unpublished, and not
currently under review by other conference, workshop, or journal.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following,
with particular emphasis on the integration of heterogeneous
wireless technologies:

-System architecture
-Interoperation between wired, terrestrial wireless and satellite networks
-Hybrid cellular systems, wireless LANs, ad hoc/sensor networks, Bluetooth
-Location, Mobility and Handoff Management
-System modeling and performance evaluation
-Applications
-Protocol design, analysis, and optimization
-Routing (including multicasting and broadcasting)
-Energy efficient, self-organizing and resilient protocols
-Medium access control protocols
-TCP/IP over integrated wireless networks
-Congestion, admission, and flow control
-Quality of service in the hybrid networks
-Implementation and testbed experiments

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors MUST submit a short abstract submission (approximately 150
words in the EDAS web site form) AND an extended abstract (up to 2
pages) also submitted through the EDAS web site. The extended
abstracts are soft copy in MS Word or PDF file formats. The
submission must include the name, complete mailing address,
telephone and fax numbers, and the email address of the author(s).
Extended abstracts should be submitted electronically (MS Word or
PDF) by March 10, 2002.

IMPORTANT DATES

March 10, 2003:     Last date for submission of abstracts
May   15, 2003:     Notification of acceptance
July  15, 2003:     Camera-ready version of accepted papers

========================================================================
Dr. Hongyi Wu,  Assistant Professor
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS)
University of Louisiana (UL) at Lafayette
P.O. Box 44330, Lafayette, LA 70504-4330, U.S.A.
Tel: 337-482-5779, Fax: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu
========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet