Subject: [manet] IP-802.11 interface

From: "Dmitri D. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:40:35 -0600 (CST)

Some of the manet routing protocols (e.g., AODV abd DSR) have the
option of using MAC layer messages to realize link failures. Several
simulation based papers have modeled the IEEE 802.11 MAC as providing
such connectivity messages to the routing layer. However, is there
any work on providing a "real" IP-to-802.11 interface? A broader
issue concerns the design tradeoffs and performance gains when using such
a vertical-layer or cross-layer design approach. Any studies or thoughts
on these issues?

Is this problem in the scope of the MANET group?

Thanks for you time...
Dmitri

==================================================
Dr. Dmitri D. Perkins, Assistant Professor
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 44330, Lafayette, LA 70504-4330

office: (337)482-6732	fax: (337)482-5791
==================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Sukanta Kumar Hazra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:08:56 +0800

Hi Dmitri,

I recall that some effort (standard) in this direction was sought in the IP
trigger BOF in IETF some time ago. From what I remember they failed to
reach a consensus.

- Sukanta

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Dmitri D. Perkins" <[email-masked]>"
Date: Tue, 25 Mar, 2003 06:40 SGT
Subject: [manet] IP-802.11 interface

--