Subject: [manet] Question for: AODV Local Repair

From: "Erik Weiss, ComNets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:54:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

i have a question about AODV Local Repair,

Considering the following case:

This Route was built:

(8)  ->  (9) ->  (3) -> (4) ->  (5)

Now the node 5 moves and 4 initiates a local repair, it will end up
something like the following.

Expected 4 sends the RREQ for Dest 5
(8)  ->  (9) ->  (3) -> (4) ->  (7) ->  (5)

Now 7 got the request originated by 4 and with 7, the destination(5) is
reachable again.
However 7 didn't have the source node (8) in its routing table, because
the RREQ has been sent by 4, therefore also no next hop towards the source
exists, and the reverse path is not properly build!
Each Paket arriving 7 from 8 does not update the times for source (8) and
next hop (7) towards (8).
Further more  the routing table entry for (4) will expire although we are
receiving continuously packets from 4.

Possible but complex alternative:
4 sends the RREQ on behalf of 8 however,  temporary routing
tables and special handling for Request Id's will become necessary.

Are these consideration right?
Can someone give me a hint how (4) is able to repair the route without
losing the reverse path and without the upcomig expiration of 4.

Regards

	Erik

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet