Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:55:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc 
                          Networks (DSR)
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt
	Pages		: 111
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
The Dynamic Source Routing protocol (DSR) is a simple and efficient
routing protocol designed specifically for use in multi-hop wireless
ad hoc networks of mobile nodes.  DSR allows the network to be
completely self-organizing and self-configuring, without the need
for any existing network infrastructure or administration.  The
protocol is composed of the two mechanisms of 'Route Discovery'
and 'Route Maintenance', which work together to allow nodes to
discover and maintain source routes to arbitrary destinations in the
ad hoc network.  The use of source routing allows packet routing
to be trivially loop-free, avoids the need for up-to-date routing
information in the intermediate nodes through which packets are
forwarded, and allows nodes forwarding or overhearing packets to
cache the routing information in them for their own future use.  All
aspects of the protocol operate entirely on-demand, allowing the
routing packet overhead of DSR to scale automatically to only that
needed to react to changes in the routes currently in use.  This
document specifies the operation of the DSR protocol for routing
unicast IP packets in multi-hop wireless ad hoc networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Casey Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:47:30 -0600

>	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-dsr-08.txt
The discussion of Link-Maxlife caching in Appendix A claims that

  2 = StabilityDecrFactor < 1,

an obvious contradiction.  I'm guessing that StabilityDecrFactor should 
actually be 1/2?

-- 
Casey Carter
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
AIM: cartec69

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet