Subject: [manet] FW: CFP:IEEE VTC'03 Wireless Ad hoc, Sensor, and Wearable Network s

From: Sebnem Ozer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:36:02 -0500

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call.

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE VTC'03 Wireless Ad hoc, Sensor, and Wearable Networks
 
http://www.cs.queensu.ca/home/safwat/VTC_2003_Symposium/index.html
<http://www.cs.queensu.ca/home/safwat/VTC_2003_Symposium/index.html> 

This is the first in a series of high-quality annual symposia dedicated to
Wireless Ad hoc, Sensor, and Wearable Networks. Each year there will be one
or more themes invigorated by the state of the art. This year's theme is
"Energy-Efficient and Context-Aware Designs". However, we welcome all
submissions of relevance to wireless ad hoc, sensor, and wearable networks. 
 
October 4-9, 2003
Hyatt Orlando Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
 
Symposium Chair:
Ahmed Safwat
Queen's University, Canada
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Scope:
=====
 
In multi-hop wireless ad hoc, sensor, and wearable networks wireless mobile
stations and electronic devices form a network without the intervention of a
dedicated infrastructure. Such networks eradicate infrastructure deployment,
setup, and administration costs. Nevertheless, although energy efficiency
and context awareness in wireless ad hoc, sensor, and wearable networks are
of great significance, they both remain the main impediments towards their
deployment. 
 
The outcomes of this year's Symposium will stimulate and exhilarate the
deployment of sustainable and context-rich wireless ad hoc, sensor, and
wearable networks.
 
Original papers are solicited in all areas of wireless ad hoc, sensor, and
wearable networks. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the
following:
-- Routing protocols
-- Medium access control
-- Modeling and simulation
-- Security algorithms
-- Energy-efficient physical designs
-- Disruptive applications (telemedical, biological, etc)
-- Multi-hop cellular architectures (multi-hop WLANs, 4G, 4G+)
-- Body area networks
-- M-commerce
-- Multi-channel ad hoc/sensor networks: designs and algorithms
-- Directive antennas
-- Self-configurable wearable networks
-- Personal area networks
-- Cross-layer designs
-- TCP-related issues
-- Wireless multi-hop testbeds
-- Location-inspired designs
-- Incorporation of context into wearable networking
-- Non-monolithic/shared conceptual models for context-awareness
-- Algorithms for context discovery and delivery
 
Submission Guidelines:
=================
 
Authors are required to submit a short abstract (approximately 150 words)
AND an extended abstract (up to 2 pages) as well. All submissions will be
handled electronically through the EDAS conference management system at
http://edas.info <http://edas.info/> , and must be in MS-Word or PDF format.
Your submission should include the names, complete mailing addresses,
telephone and fax numbers, and the email addresses of the authors.

Important Dates:
============
 
NEW Deadline for extended abstract submission: March 24, 2003
Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2003
Camera-Ready Papers: July 15, 2003

****************************************************************************
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the
named addressee or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
named addressee, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the
e-mail and destroy any printed copy. The contents should not be disclosed to
anyone and no copies should be made. We take reasonable precautions to
ensure that our emails are virus free. However we accept no responsibility
for any virus transmitted by us and recommend that you subject any incoming
e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.