Subject: [manet] AINS 2003 submission deadline extended to March 7

From: "Mario Gerla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:03:47 -0800

Dear colleague:

Please find below the CFPs for the Autonomous Intelligent Networked
Systems Symposium, Bologna, June 2003. Note that the abstract submission
deadline has been extended to March 7

------------------------------------------------

The Second Annual Symposium on 
Autonomous Intelligent Networks and Systems

www.ains.cs.ucla.edu, http://path.berkeley.edu/ains
 
At Santa Lucia Complex, Bologna, Italy June 30 to July 1, 2003.

The goal of this annual symposium has been to explore and encourage
research that would support the development of intelligent networks
consisting of many autonmous agents, including UAV's, UGV's, or AUV's,
interacting with the physical world in a distributed but coordinated
fashion, and also to explore applications of such systems for defense,
security, industrial control, environmental monitoring, and planetary
exploration. As in the first symposium held last year at UCLA, this
symposium will explore technological advances in a number of disciplines
that would support such a vision; these include communications systems,
collaborative robotic systems, battlefield networks, and
neuro-biological systems. A major goal is to foster collaboration, on an
international scale, through the identification of common models, tools
and methodologies and of opportunities for collaboration among engineers
and scientists working on related problems with different perspectives.

This symposium will serve as a forum for intelligent agent technologists
and visionaries from academia, industry and research labs. Papers may
describe research or technology advances as well as ongoing prototyping
efforts, experience reports, case studies, and descriptions of
interesting systems. Submissions that describe future visions as well as
practical technologies of significance and relevance to this area are
encouraged. Papers, written in English, should not exceed 3000 words.
Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted for publication
elsewhere. A selection of the papers will be published as a Reference
Book. Authors should submit an extended abstract (max 3 pages), a
complete list of authors and their affiliations, a contact person for
correspondence, and e-mail addresses. Papers may be accepted either for
oral or poster presentation. Both Abstract and Papers must be submitted
in electronic form (PDF) to [email-masked].

Topics include but are not limited to

 *  Self-configuring agent-based wireless networks
 *  Collaborative robotic systems, including large robotic "swarms"
 *  Large-scale emergent behavior
 *  Hierarchical system organizations and dynamic system re-organization
 *  Systems informed by advances in neuro-biological networks
 *  Distributed sensing and control networks
 *  Cooperative behavior in natural and artificial systems
 *  Software architecture for large-scale systems
 *  Simulation of large scale distributed systems
 *  Experimental platforms for the study of autonomous agents
 *  Security in distributed systems
 *  Fault tolerant distributed agent networks
 *  Resource management in autonomous systems

Important Dates

 *  Electronic Abstract Submission March 7, 2003

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet