Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:35:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Topology Broadcast based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF)
	Author(s)	: R. Ogier, M. Lewis, F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-07.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
TBRPF is a proactive, link-state routing protocol designed for mobile
ad-hoc networks, which provides hop-by-hop routing along shortest
paths to each destination.  Each node running TBRPF computes a source
tree (providing paths to all reachable nodes) based on partial
topology information stored in its topology table, using a
modification of Dijkstra's algorithm.  To minimize overhead, each
node reports only *part* of its source tree to neighbors. This is in
contrast to other protocols in which each node reports its *entire*
source tree to neighbors.  TBRPF uses a combination of periodic and
differential updates to keep all neighbors informed of the reportable
part of its source tree.  Each node also has the option to report
additional topology information (up to the full topology), to provide
improved robustness in highly mobile networks.  TBRPF performs
neighbor discovery using 'differential' HELLO messages which report
only *changes* in the status of neighbors.  This results in HELLO
messages that are much smaller than those of other link-state routing
protocols such as OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.