Subject: [manet] Ultra Wide Band summit - call for proposals

From: "Peter Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:56:46 +0100

Does the UWB (Ultra Wideband) spectral transmission technology constitute the broadband future for mobile and Wireless LAN communications? The Ultra Wide Band summit, to be held next 2-5 December in Paris, will bring detailed answers to this question. A call for proposals is online at:

http://www.upperside.fr/newmobtech/uwb03cfp.htm

---

From: "Thorsten Claus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:42:01 -0800

There are drawbacks in UWB in broadcasts, a technical discussion can be
found at
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~stark/2002C.pdf

A better overview (also with discussion about protocols) is 
http://inrg.csie.ntu.edu.tw/2002/The%20Broadcasting%20Problem%20in%20wireles
s%20Ad-Hoc%20Network.ppt (sorry, PowerPoint :()

Interesting might be
http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~faulhabe/732/Wireless%20Technologies.html

Thorsten Claus

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peter
Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 8:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] Ultra Wide Band summit - call for proposals

Does the UWB (Ultra Wideband) spectral transmission technology constitute
the broadband future for mobile and Wireless LAN communications? The Ultra
Wide Band summit, to be held next 2-5 December in Paris, will bring detailed
answers to this question. A call for proposals is online at:
http://www.upperside.fr/newmobtech/uwb03cfp.htm

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet