Subject: [manet] QoS in MANETs

From: "Shekhar H M P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:50:46 GMT

Dear All,

Currently we are working on QoS for MANETs...I have discussed with many
Profs..about the experimentation aspect of QoS routing... and other QoS
techniques and they said that the result of working with simulators is not
quite okay in terms of accuracy...We have no testbed created in our lab...
I want some advice related to experimentation aspects of QoS related issues
in MANETs... QoS routing...QOS models.. etc.. if any good references too

Regards,  

Shekhar H M P
PhD Student, BITS, Pilani, INDIA

Official:

Faculty
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore - 560 054
Ph: 080-3600822 Ext. 313,322

Your's:

#67, 8th 'D' Cross,
Srinidhilayout,
Vidyaranyapura,
Bangalore - 97
Ph: 080-364 3166 
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Philippe Jacquet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:36:17 +0100

Hi, Shekhar,

We are currently working on QoS management on MANET. It does not as easy as
in the wired world where you can put weights and metrics on links and play
Belman-Ford. In the wireless world the links interfer up to one or two hops
(depending on the interference model). Therefore the search of the shortest
path that doesn't kill the capacities of the neighboring links is no longer
a simple Belman-Ford algorithm, but is an NP hard problem. We are trying
some heuristics on link state protocols (e.g OSPF, OLSR).

Philippe