Subject: [manet] CFP - Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe)

From: "Srdjan Capkun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:38:22 +0200

Call for Papers

             Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe)

         (Pending Approval by ACM and ACM SIGMOBILE)

                      in conjunction with

                       ACM MobiCom 2004

                        1 October 2004

                       Philadelphia, PA

            http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~adrian/wise2004

                     Sponsored by SIGMOBILE

The third workshop on Wireless Security will be held in conjunction with ACM
MobiCom 2004. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

        * Trust establishment

        * Key management in wireless/mobile environments

        * Economic incentives for collaboration

        * Security modeling and protocol design in the context of

          rational/malicious adversaries

        * Light-weight cryptography, efficient protocols and

          implementations

        * Intrusion detection, detection of malicious behaviour

        * Revocation of malicious parties

        * Secure PHY/MAC/routing protocols

        * Secure location determination

        * Denial of service

        * Privacy (location, contents, actions)

        * Anonymity, prevention of traffic analysis

        * Dependable wireless networking

        * Monitoring and surveillance

Awards

We gratefully acknowledge funding from RSA Security to sponsor two awards of
$500 each: one for best paper and one for best student paper.

Paper submission instructions:

        Papers must meet the following restrictions: No longer

        than 10 pages (single or double column); in font no smaller than

        11 points; must fit properly on US Letter-sized paper

        (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable margins.

        Instructions for electronic submission of papers will be posted

        at http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~adrian/wise2004/submission.html

Important dates:

        Paper submission deadline: June 14, 2004

        Notification of acceptance: August 2, 2004

        Camera-ready papers due: August 16, 2004

        Workshop date: October 1, 2004

Workshop Co-Chairs

        * Adrian Perrig, Carnegie Mellon University

          ([email-masked])

        * Markus Jakobsson, RSA Laboratories

          ([email-masked])

Program Committee: 

        Ari Juels, RSA Laboratories

        Bill Arbaugh, University of Maryland

        Brian DeCleene, Alphatech

        Brian Van Leeuwen, Sandia National Laboratories

        Douglas Maughan, DHS / HSARPA

        Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

        Leendert van Doorn, IBM Research

        Nitin Vaidya, University of Illinois

        Radha Poovendran, University of Washington

        Susanne Wetzel, Stevens Institute of Technology

        Taieb Znati, NSF and University of Pittsburgh

        Wade Trappe, Rutgers University

        Wenke Lee, Georgia Institute of Technology

        Yair Amir, Johns Hopkins University

Publicity Co-Chairs:

        Ari Juels, RSA Laboratories

        Srdjan Capkun, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

Publication Chair:

        Saad Biaz, Auburn University

Treasurer

        Yongguang Zhang, HRL Labs and UT-Austin