Subject: RE: [manet] 802.11

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:18:40 -0400

The four address format is currently rarely used in 802.11 but will
probably be used by the new ESS Mesh activity in 802.11 which is
expected to be 802.11s. This activity is pretty much aimed at a
standardizing a layer 2+epsilon mesh of relatively limited size.
You might connect such meshes together with a layer 3 / MANET
protocol.

Thanks,
Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DANIEL BYRNE
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] 802.11

Since the 802.11 mac header has address fields for sender, transmitter,
receiver and destination, why aren't ad-hoc routing protocols based upon
this seemingly built-in faciity for multihop routing?  Each receving node
would simply have to change the rx address to the next hop.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet