Subject: [manet] OSPF MANET - Next Steps

From: "Acee Lindem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:44:01 -0400

There are at least 3 drafts describing MANET extensions. While the goals
of the drafts are similar, they propose different mechanisms.  We've discussed
forming a design team to evaluate the mechanisms, determine which are
both preferred and required for the initial pass, and converge on a single 
draft. At least my preference would be that we also evaluate the mechanisms
with respect to the proposed OSPF MANET work scope. 

Thanks, 
------
Acee

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Tyan-Shu Jou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:49:49 -0700

It has taken a LONG time for MANET to consolidate from a lot different
protocols into current 3 (in fact should be 4) protocols. Naturally the
next step is to reduce the number even further.
Therefore, if the group should add more protocols for consideration, I
believe it will be more convincing if their merits can be provided such
as
- What are the scenarios or applications that the new candidate is
better for and why the existing ones cannot, and 
- How important the above scenarios are and the tightness to the MANET
problem statement.

Thanks.

--Tyan-Shu Jou

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Acee Lindem
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 7:44 AM
To: OSPF Discussion List; MANET List
Subject: [manet] OSPF MANET - Next Steps

There are at least 3 drafts describing MANET extensions. While the goals
of the drafts are similar, they propose different mechanisms.  We've
discussed
forming a design team to evaluate the mechanisms, determine which are
both preferred and required for the initial pass, and converge on a
single 
draft. At least my preference would be that we also evaluate the
mechanisms
with respect to the proposed OSPF MANET work scope. 

Thanks, 
------
Acee