Subject: [manet] How can I see java_gui in glomosim?

From: "z yt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:37:12 +0800

hi, all manets!
We met a problem. 
We can use "glomosim config.in" from command line in GloMoSim simulator to 
get results of an ad hoc simulation.
But we can not see animation with Java GUI. It does not work for real time, 
write trace or play back.
Is there any gentleman can help us with mercy?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Yuting Zhao

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Kaixin Xu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:27:01 -0700

Hi Yuting,

The config.in file of GloMoSim usually refers some external files for
defining the traffic (app.in), node positions (nodes.in) etc. If no exact
path of the directory where these files are located is explicitly given,
GloMoSim assumes these files are in current directory. However, when you run
GUI, current directory is ../java_gui and those files are usually contained
in ../bin directory (or whatever directories you keep them). Thus, GloMoSim
will abort because it cannot find those referred files in current directory.

To solve the problem, you either can link (or copy) all external files
referred in config.in file to ../java_gui directory or give the full path of
those files in the config.in.

Kaixin