Subject: [manet] throughput in saturated neighborhood

From: Bin Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:17:50 -0500 (CDT)

For a saturated neighborhood in ad hoc network (which means the
channel has been busy, and all the idle time only results from backoff),
can I assume throughput is fairly evenly distributed in the neighborhood,
that is, the throughputs of different nodes are almost the same.
Here the throughput refers to throughput of the queue at the node ( the
bytes successful transmitted in proportion to the bytes that have arrived
at the queue).

Is this assumption reasonable and realistic? Thanks a lot!

Bin

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Bin Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:06:46 -0500 (CDT)

Sorry, the throughput should be "data transfer rate"(bps) instead of the
proportion of delivered packets. And here I'm considering the case that
there is always packet in the queue waiting for delivery.