Subject: [manet] ten more days || CfP || AICT 2007, Mauritius, May 13-19, 2007 || The Third Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:45:40 -0500 (EST)

======== Apologies for cross-postings ================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Third Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications
AICT 2007

May 13-19, 2007 - Mauritius
Site: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/AICT07.html

Featuring also the workshops:

*	SAPIR 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SAPIR.html> : The
Fourth International Workshop on Partial and Intermittent Resources
*	ELETE 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ELETE.html> : The Third
International Workshop on E-learning and Mobile Learning on
Telecommunications
*	TELET 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/TELET.html> : The
Second International Workshop on Teletraffic Modeling and Management

Important deadlines:
Full paper submission, December 1, 2006
Author notification, January 15, 2007
Registration and Camera ready, February 5, 2007

The spectrum of 21st Century telecommunications is marked by the arrival
of new business models, new platforms, new architectures and new customer
profiles. Next generation networks, IP multimedia systems, IPTV, and
converging network and services are new telecommunications paradigms.
Technology achievements in terms of co-existence of IPv4 and IPv6,
multiple access technologies,  IP-MPLS network design driven methods,
multicast and high speed require innovative approaches to design and
develop large scale telecommunications networks.

Mobile and wireless communications add profit to large spectrum of
technologies and services. We witness the evolution 2G, 2.5G, 3G and
beyond, personal communications, cellular and ad hoc networks, as well as
multimedia communications.

Web Services add a new dimension to telecommunications, where aspects of
speed, security, trust, performance, resilience, and robustness are
particularly salient. This requires new service delivery platforms,
intelligent network theory, new telecommunications software tools, new
communications protocols and standards.

AICT 2007 covers a variety of challenging telecommunication topics ranging
from background fields like signals, traffic, coding, communication basics
up to large communication systems and networks, fixed, mobile and
integrated, etc. Applications, services, system and network management
issues will also receive significant attention.

We solicit research and industrial contributions. AICT 2007 will offer
tutorials, plenary sessions, and panel sessions. The AICT 2007 Proceedings
will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and posted on IEEE Xplore
Digital Library.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to)

Information theory and coding theory
Communication theory, signal processing, modulation
Optical communications
Designing and management of optical networks
Optical photonic technologies
Networking theory, protocols, and technologies on next generation networking
Broadband communications and networks
Programmable networks, active networks and mobile agents, protocol &
standards
Performance and QoS, Traffic engineering (MPLS, DiffServ, IntServ, etc.)
Telecommunication/Network management and services
Broadband access network and service
Network planning and optimization
Real-time traffic and QoS
3G and 4G mobile communication services
Wireless communications antennas & propagation & transmission technologies
Evolution from 2G to 2.5G, 3G and beyond
Personal communications
Wireless multimedia & networks & systems
Cellular and ad hoc networks
Metro/Access networks
Wireless access (WPAN, WLAN, WLL)
Standardization (IEEE 802.15, IEEE 802.16)
Web services communications, applications, and performance
Security and trust in Web Services applications
Platforms for Web Services based applications and services
Communication software and intelligent network theory
Object and component technologies in telecommunication software
Telecommunication protocol engineering and telecommunication software tools
Standardization (IEEE 802.17, Policy Models, etc.)
SOHO (Small Offices/Home Offices)

=============================================

Co-Chairs:
Natarajan Meghanathan, Jackson State University, USA,
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Denis Collange, France Télécom R&D, France, [email-masked]

Yoshitaka Takasaki, Tokyo University, Japan, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet