Subject: [manet] ZRP and IETF

From: "Ramnath R Iyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:02:07 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

Wikipedia says that the Zone Routing Protocol was proposed to the IETF
MANET working group but not adopted. Can someone tell me how I can find
out why it was not adopted (the pertinent discussions, archives etc.)?

--
Ramnath R Iyer

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Mullen, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:42:29 -0700

Hi Ramnath,

You might try serachinng for ZRP at this site.

http://www.ietf.org/home.html.

I got 620 hits.

John Mullen

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramnath R Iyer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sun 11/26/2006 2:32 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] ZRP and IETF
 
Hi,

--
Ramnath R Iyer

---

From: Nathalie Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:21:37 +0100

*This message is cross-posted to several lists. Apologies for any 
duplicate postings.*

*IEEE MASS 2007 **(http://www.ieee-mass.org <http://www.ieee-mass.org/>)*

* *

*The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor 
Systems*

* *

*Call For Papers*

* *

Wireless multi-hop communication is envisioned in multiple scenarios 
where network nodes communicate via other network nodes: conferences, 
hospitals, battlefields, rescue operations, environment control, 
cars-to-cars, and monitoring scenarios. Wireless mesh networks have been 
applied as alternatives for providing Internet access in remote business 
and residential areas. Wireless sensor networks are being deployed for 
several industrial control processes and for monitoring environment. 
This conference aims to address multi-hop ad-hoc and sensor networks 
systems, covering topics ranging from technology issues up to the 
applications aspects. Original manuscripts that focus on the analytical 
modeling, protocol/algorithm design, and/or experimental studies of the 
following topics of interest are sought:

·        physical layer impact on higher level protocols

·        MAC protocols for ad-hoc and sensor networks (802.11, 802.15.4, 
UWB) Provisioning of wireless QoS in terms of bandwidth and delay assurance

·        Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, broadcast, geocast) and 
routing metrics

·        Data transport in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks

·        Power-aware and energy-efficient design

·        Topology construction and coverage maintenance

·        Cross layer design and optimization

·        Incentives and game theoretic approaches in wireless ad-hoc 
networks

·        Localization and synchronization in wireless sensor networks

·        Data gathering, fusion, and dissemination in wireless sensor

·        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and 
sensor networks

·        Operating system and middleware support

·        Measurements and practical experience from experimental systems 
and test-beds

·        Modeling, analysis and performance evaluation

·        Mesh networking

·        Delay tolerant networks and opportunistic networking

·        Handoff and mobility management and seamless internetworking

·        Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution wireless ad hoc 
networks

·        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and 
sensor networks

*Paper submission*
All submissions must be full papers in .pdf or .ps (PostScript) format. 
Papers must be uploaded to EDAS by March 31, 2007, and must not exceed 
10 single-spaced, two-column pages using at least 11 point size fonts on 
8.5 x 11 inch pages. Detailed submission instructions will be published 
in due time on the conference website *http://www.ieee-mass.org together 
with** * <http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/>format files.**

* *

*Workshops*
Proposals for full day workshops are solicited. Selections will be made 
considering the expertise and experience of the workshop organizers and 
the relevance of the topic to the central theme of the conference. 
Proposals of at most 4 pages, including a 1-page biographical sketch, 
should be submitted to the Workshops Chair by March 31, 2007

*Demos*
Technical demonstration of experimental ad hoc networking and computing 
systems are solicited. To Instructions for submitting a demo proposal 
will be published in due time on the conference website.

*Important dates*
Manuscript Submission Due: March 31, 2007
Acceptance Notification: June 30, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2007

---

From: "Joe Macker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:48:42 -0500

As John suggests you can find discussions throughout ietf.org.

There was a historical scoping back that occurred beginning in 2002 when we
began the rechartering process. An IRTF subgroup was formed to focus on
hierarchical schemes,etc.  Some discussion is in the 55th IETF Minutes
describes this.  ZRP took advantage of reactive/proactive core protocols.
The WG decision was to focus more engineering efforts on the core protocols.

-joe

>From: Mullen, John [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:42 PM
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: [manet] ZRP and IETF
>
>Hi Ramnath,
>
>Wikipedia says that the Zone Routing Protocol was proposed to 
>the IETF MANET working group but not adopted. Can someone tell 
>me how I can find out why it was not adopted (the pertinent 
>discussions, archives etc.)?
>
>--
>Ramnath R Iyer
>
>