Subject: RE: [manet] Location information for Manet:draft-haerri-manet-location-02.txt

From: "Dearlove, Christopher \(UK\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:08:12 -0000

> The draft has been updated according to comments from members of the 
> IETF MANET WG.

Not mine.

Like its predecessor, this draft completely fails to understand
packetbb, in particular the whole concept of TLV type. It has
numerous other faults (massive reproduction of material, which
is bad for several reasons, and a specification of position that
is likely to be unsuited to many applications will do for now).

Note that I made such comments in response to the last draft.
Furthermore as an author of packetbb I know what I'm talking
about. I would suggest that this draft be ignored by the WG,
as comments on it appear to be ignored. Please note that I'm
not suggesting ignoring the concept of adding location
information; in fact the ability to do so as a TLV is a
good example of the power of TLVs - whether packetbb ones
or any other ones - but not as here.

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet