Subject: [manet] ten more days || CfP || ICIW 2007, Mauritius, May 13-19, 2007 || The Second International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:38:22 -0500 (EST)

======== Apologies for cross-postings ================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Second International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and
Services
ICIW 2007
May 13-19, 2007 - Mauritius
Site: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIW07.html
<http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIW07.html>

Featuring also the workshops:

*	ENSYS 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ENSYS.html> : The
Second Worksop on Entertainment Systems
*	P2PSA 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/P2PSA.html> : The
Second International Workshop on P2P Systems and Applications
*	ONLINE 2007 <http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ONLINE.html> : The
Second International Workshop on Online Communications, Collaborative
Systems, and Social Networks

Important deadlines:
Full paper submission, December 1, 2006
Author notification, January 15, 2007
Registration and Camera ready, February 5, 2007

The Second International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and
Services) continues a series of co-located events that covers the
complementary aspects related to designing and deploying of applications
based on IP&Web techniques and mechanisms.

ICIW 2007 comprises two complementary tracks on "Internet and Web-based
applications and services" and "Web-service based systems and
applications". They focus on Web technologies, design and development of
Web-based applications, and interactions of these applications with other
types of systems. Management aspects related to these applications and
challenges on specialized domains are aided at too. Evaluation techniques
and standard position on different aspects are part of the expected
agenda.

Internet and Web-based technologies led to new frameworks, languages,
mechanisms and protocols for Web applications design and development.
Interaction between web-based applications and classical applications
requires special interfaces and exposes various performance parameters.

Web Services and applications are supported by a myriad of platforms,
technologies, and mechanisms for syntax (mostly XML-based) and semantics
(Ontology, Semantic Web). Special Web Services based applications such as
e-Commerce, e-Business, P2P, multimedia, and GRID enterprise-related,
allow design flexibility and easy to develop new services. The challenges
consist of service discovery, announcing, monitoring and management; on
the other hand, trust, security, performance and scalability are desirable
metrics under exploration when designing such applications.

We solicit research and industrial contributions. ICIW 2007 will offer
tutorials, plenary sessions, and panel sessions. The ICIW 2007 Proceedings
will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and posted on IEEE Xplore
Digital Library.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to)

Track 1 : Internet and Web-based Applications and Services

Web technologies, frameworks, languages, mechanisms
Web applications design and development
Interaction with/from Web-based applications
Web-based applications' features
Management of Web-based applications
Evaluation of Web applications
Specialized Web applications
Aggregating multimedia documents
E-business, appliances, and services
IP Grid Management and Grid Services
IP-based convergent solutions and next generation networks
Standards, case studies and special groups on web-based applications

Track 2 :  Web Services-based Systems and Applications

Web services foundation, architectures, frameworks, languages
Web services architecture and business continuity
Special Web services mechanisms
Semantic Web, Ontology, and Web services
Web service applications
Data Management aspects in Web Services
Autonomic e-Business integration and collaboration
Web service based Grid computing and P2P computing
Web services based applications for e-Commerce
Multimedia applications using Web Services
Automatic computing for Web services
Web services challenges on trust, security, performance, scalability
Enterprise Web services
Web services discovery, announcing, monitoring and management
Platforms, technologies, mechanisms and case studies
Grid architectures, middleware and toolkits

=============================================

Co-Chairs:

Andreas Wombacher, University of Twente, The Netherlands,
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Stefania Galizia, The Open University, UK, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>

Christian Emig, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany,
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Axel Martens, IBM Research, Hawthorn, USA, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dumitru Roman, DERI, Austria, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet