Subject: [manet] cfp: The Second IEEE International Symposium on Pervasive Computing and Ad Hoc Communications (PCAC-07)

From: "Mieso Denko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:13:06 -0500

This message is cross-posted to several lists.
          Apologies for any duplicate postings.

CALL FOR PAPERS
==================================================================
The Second IEEE International Symposium on Pervasive Computing and
               Ad Hoc Communications (PCAC-07)
                     http://pcac07.ehpclab.org/ 

to be held in conjunction with The IEEE 21th International Conference
on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-07),Niagara
               Falls, Canada, May 21-23, 2007
             http://www.aina-conference.org/2007/
===================================================================

Aims and Scopes
---------------
Pervasive computing has emerged as a new computing and
communication environment with the aim of providing services
anytime and anywhere for everyone. To facilitate resource sharing
and support group communications, pervasive computing devices
should be able to support ad hoc communications and networking.
With ad hoc communications, seamless and transparent access to
services and applications can be achieved while providing
mechanisms for establishing spontaneous and interactive networking
among communicating entities. Despite considerable progress in
mobile computing and wireless communication technologies, new user
demands and emerging applications introduce challenges in several
areas including security, privacy, processing, auto configuration,
scalability, software infrastructure, communication models and
networking infrastructure. To support flexibility and unlimited
mobility, services and applications should adapt to heterogeneous
networking environment supporting multihop communication in hybrid
wired/wireless environment.

This symposium will bring together researchers and practitioners
from industry and academia to present their current research
results and discuss future trends in pervasive computing and ad
hoc communications.

Topics of Interest
------------------
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Pervasive computing architectures
- Wearable computers
- Smart devices and smart spaces
- Location-dependent and personalized applications
- Service discovery mechanisms
- Agent technologies
- Mobility management
- Sensors and actuators
- Resource management
- Embedded systems
- Device and service interaction
- Location-aware services
- Middleware for pervasive computing
- Middleware fro ad hoc computing
- Hardware, OS and convergence issues
- Security and privacy issues for pervasive computing systems
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Identification and authentication technologies
- Social Issues and Implications of pervasive computing
- Data management infrastructure and algorithms
- Caching and prefetching strategies
- Resource discovery
- Ad hoc communication and networking
- Group communication and management
- Ad hoc computing
- User interfaces and interaction models
- Prototyping and performance evaluation
- Personal Area networks
- Integration of wired and wireless networks
- Enabling technologies such as Bluetooth, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, and 802.20
- Context based and implicit computing
- Ad hoc networking protocols and service discovery
- Wireless Mesh Network

Submissions and Proceedings
---------------------------
The manuscript should follow IEEE two-column format with single-spaced,
ten-point font in the text. The maximum manuscript length is eight (8)
pages. Submissions will be judged on correctness, originality,technical
strength, significance and quality of presentation. The CD proceedings
will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and available online
through IEEE Xplore.

Outstanding papers will be considered for a Special Issue in Journal
of Ubiquitous Computing and Intelligence (JUCI)
(http://www.aspbs.com/juci.html).

PCAC-07 submission website: http://pcac07.ehpclab.org/

Important Dates
---------------
Submission Deadline: Nov. 22, 2006
Authors Notification:  Jan. 22, 2007
Authors Registration: Jan. 31, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: Feb. 19, 2007

Organising Committee
--------------------
General Co-Chairs:
Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada
Jian Ma, Nokia, China

Steering Chair:
Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada

Program Co-Chairs:
Agustinus Borgy Waluyo, Monash University, Australia
Yan Zhang, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

Program Committee  (See  http://beast.csse.monash.edu.au/~borgy/PCAC-07/)

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet