Subject: Re: [manet] DSDV or TBRPF for research

From: Richard Ogier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:17:25 -0800

Hi Ricardo,

The person who suggested TBRPF instead of DSDV is correct
in that TBRPF is more efficient (generates less overhead) than DSDV.
In fact, TBRPF also generates less overhead than OLSR in simulations
we have run at SRI.  But I don't think SRI is generally releasing
its TBRPF code these days.  I designed TBRPF, but am now focusing on
extending OSPF to support MANETs.  If I had more time to spend on
the MANET WG, I probably would propose a CDS approach for MANET
routing, similar to my OSPF extension but with some improvements
that would be possible without the requirement that it be an
OSPF extension.

Richard

super.ismiti wrote:

> Hi, I wrote a question some days ago about what protocols I should use 
> to a research...
> Well, I have chosen AODV, OLSR, DSR and DSDV... but someone replied 
> and said that I should use TBRPF and not DSDV...
> Is it correct?! Should I do this?!
>
> My research is about a simulation with some protocols...
> And probably I will use TORA too.
>
> Thank's,
> Ricardo.
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>manet mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.13.4/476 - Release Date: 10/14/2006
>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet