Subject: [manet] Broadcast/flooding scheduling

From: Christophe Jelger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:37:06 +0100

Hi all,

[Sorry to spam the list with this question]

I am looking for papers on something I'd name "broadcast/flooding 
scheduling": that is, if we consider a MANET where all nodes 
periodically broadcast/flood the network (with e.g. TC messages), one 
may want to equally spread the flooding waves across the sending period.

Example: TC period = 10 seconds, MANET with 10 nodes, we would get a TC 
flood every second.

I guess this must have been studied quite a lot, but I've failed to 
find/google papers dealing exactly with that topic.

Any good pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Christophe

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Philippe Jacquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:00:12 +0100

Not sure I understood your point correctly. Regarding TC it may be not  
desirable to spread retransmissions on the entire period. The aim is  
to deliver the link state information as fast as possible while  
minimizing collisions. If nevertheless you sprread or jitter a lot  
then you will have consecutive messages be present together in the  
network. In this case you could look at solutions using network  
coding. You could check this topic on google.

Philippe

-- 
Philippe Jacquet
Hipercom project team leader
INRIA
tel: +33 1 39 63 52 63
fax: +33 1 39 63 55 66

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

---

From: Christophe Jelger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:20:12 +0100

ok the example with TC was a very bad one: it's not what I'd like to do 
anyway. Maybe an example where nodes periodically broadcast some service 
advertisements is better: in that case one may want to spread the 
advertisements to minimise the probability that 2 flooding waves collide.

thanks anyway for your answer,
Christophe

Philippe Jacquet wrote:
> desirable to spread retransmissions on the entire period. The aim is  to 
> deliver the link state information as fast as possible while  minimizing 
> collisions. If nevertheless you sprread or jitter a lot  then you will 
> have consecutive messages be present together in the  network. In this 
> case you could look at solutions using network  coding. You could check 
> this topic on google.
> 
> Philippe
> 
> 

-- 
--------------------------------------------------
Christophe Jelger, University of Basel
Computer Networks Group, http://cn.cs.unibas.ch/
Bernoullistrasse 16, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland