Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-smf-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)	: J. Macker
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-smf-04.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
This document describes the Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
   protocol that provides a basic IP multicast forwarding capability
   suitable for mobile ad-hoc networks (MANET).  SMF is designed to have
   limited applicability as a forwarding mechanism for multicast packets
   within MANET routing areas.  In addition, it provides mechanisms to
   support interoperability with a connected fixed-infrastructure
   networks.  SMF uses a simplified forwarding mechanism that delivers
   multicast packets to all MANET multicast receivers within a MANET
   routing area.  The core design does not use receiver specific group
   information in favor of reduced complexity and state maintenance
   within the mobile topology.  Group-specific forwarding can be
   supported through appropriate forwarding filters and related
   extensions may follow in later specifications.  The design accounts
   for the unique nature and behavior of MANET interfaces and takes
   advantage of efficient relay set algorithms previously designed and
   applied in the MANET routing control plane.  This document describes
   the SMF forwarding mechanisms in detail, its use with the MANET
   Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP), and several efficient relay
   set algorithms specified for use in conjunction with SMF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-manet-smf-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet