Subject: [manet] Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 5th April 2007 for the Third International Symposium on Information Assurance and Security (IAS'07)

From: Damien Sauveron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:28:08 +0100

We apologise in advance if you have already received the following
announcement.

This is to announce that due to many requests, the IAS’07 paper
submission deadline has now been extended to 5th April 2007.

=========================================================

Call for Papers (Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 5th April 2007)

The Third International Symposium on Information Assurance and Security
(IAS'07) http://www.ias07.org/

August 29-31, 2007, Manchester, United Kingdom

Proceedings published by IEEE CS press

Technically sponsored by ICST (http://www.icst.org/) and CREATE-NET
(http://www.create-net.it/)

Overview:
Information assurance and security has become an important research
issue in networked and distributed information sharing environments.
Finding effective ways to protect information systems, networks and
sensitive data within the critical information infrastructure is
challenging even with the most advanced technology and trained
professionals. The International Symposium on Information Assurance and
Security aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, developers,
and policy makers involved in multiple disciplines of information
security and assurance to exchange ideas and to learn the latest
development in this important field.

Topics:
Previously unpublished work offering novel research and application
contributions in any aspect of information assurance, security and
privacy are solicited for submission to the IAS’07 symposium. Topics of
interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Agent and Mobile Code Security
- Anonymity and User Privacy
- Authentication and Identity Management
- Authorization and Access Control
- Biometrics Security and Applications
- Computer Forensics
- Cryptographic Protocols
- Data Integrity and Privacy
- Database Security
- Denial of Service and Intrusion Detection
- Distributed System Security
- E-Commerce and E-Government Security
- Fraud Control
- Information Warfare and Cyber-terrorism
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Internet and Web Services Security
- Key Management and Recovery
- New Ideas and Paradigms for Security
- Operating System Security
- Secure Hardware and Smartcards
- Secure Software Technologies
- Security Education and Training
- Security Management and Strategy
- Security Models and Architectures
- Security Verification, Evaluations and Measurements
- Trust Negotiation, Establishment and Management
- Ubiquitous Computing Security

Paper Submission:
Papers should be original and contain contributions of theoretical,
experimental or application nature, or be unique experience reports.
Papers must be submitted no later than April 5, 2007 and electronic
submission in PDF or Word is required. The page limit for a full-length
paper is 6 pages. Short papers describing novel research visions,
work-in-progress or less mature results are also welcome, with the limit
of 4 pages. All submissions should be in the IEEE 8.5" x 11" two-column
format. Papers should contain up to 5 keywords. Papers will be evaluated
for originality, significance, clarity, and soundness, and will be
reviewed by at least three independent reviewers. The IAS’07 paper
submission system is available at:
http://www.ias07.org/paper_submission.php.

Conference Proceedings:
Accepted papers will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
Selected papers presented in the conference will be considered for
publication in a special issue of an international journal.

Best Paper Awards:
The IAS’07 Program Committee will select one winner for the Best Paper
Award (all regular papers are eligible) and one winner for the Best
Student Paper Award (to be eligible, the student must be the sole author
of the paper, or the first author and primary contributor. A cover
letter to the General Chair/Program Chair must identify the paper as a
candidate for this competition at the time of submission). The award
winners will each be presented with an award certificate and a direct
payment of £200 at the conference, and an invitation to submit an
extended version of the award-winning paper for the consideration of
publication in an international journal, JIAS.

Key Deadlines:
Extended Paper Submission Deadline: April 5, 2007
Author Notification: May 10, 2007
Camera Ready Submission Deadline (6 pages): June 8, 2007
Author Registration Deadline: June 8, 2007

Panel/Tutorial Proposal Submission Deadline: April 20, 2007
Proposal Notification: May 10, 2007

Contacts:
Further enquiries regarding matters related to IAS’07 can be sent to the
Conference Local Organising Chairs:

Ms Bryony Quick; or
Mr Iain Hart;
Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 6130
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6204

-- 
Damien Sauveron

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet