Subject: [manet] ACM SenSys 2007: Call for Papers & Call for Workshop Proposals

From: Guo Qiang Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:15:08 +1100 (EST)

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
=====================================================================
ACM SenSys 2007: Call for Papers & Call for Workshop Proposals
The 5th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 6-9, 2007
Sydney, Australia
http://sensys.acm.org/2007/
=====================================================================

Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM, SIGMOBILE, SIGARCH, SIGOPS, SIGMETRICS and SIGBED.

The 5th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys) is a
highly selective, single-track forum for the presentation of research
results on systems issues in the area of embedded, networked sensors.
Distributed systems based on networked sensors and actuators with embedded
computation capabilities enable an instrumentation of the physical world
at an unprecedented scale and density, thus enabling a new generation of
monitoring and control applications. This conference provides an ideal
venue to address the research challenges facing the design, deployment,
use, and fundamental limits of these systems. Sensor networks require
contributions from many fields, from wireless communication and
networking, embedded systems and hardware, distributed systems, data
management, and applications, so we welcome cross-disciplinary work.

This year we particularly encourage papers that extend the scope of the
conference beyond wireless mote-class sensor networks and we seek
contributions from a broad range of sensing-related fields, such as
actuator networks, RFID applications, mobile ad-hoc networks, camera
networks, and others. We seek technical papers describing original,
previously unpublished research results. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to, the following:

• Sensor network architecture and protocols
• Applications
• Rich sensor systems leveraging RFID, mobile devices (e.g., cell phones),
cameras, robotics, etc.
• Analysis of real-world systems and fundamental limits
• Sensor network planning, provisioning, calibration and deployment
• Deployment experience and testbeds
• Experimental methodology, including measurement, simulation, and 
emulation infrastructure
• Integration with back-end systems such as web-based information systems,
process control, and enterprise software
• Programming methodology
• Operating systems
• Sensor network algorithms such as localization, routing, time
synchronization, clustering, topology control, and coverage control
algorithms
• Failure resilience and fault isolation
• Energy management
• Data, information, and signal processing
• Data storage and management
• Distributed actuation and control
• Security and privacy

Important dates:

Paper Registration and Abstract: April 10, 2007, midnight US Eastern Time
Paper Submission Deadline: April 17, 2007, midnight US Eastern Time
Notification of Paper Acceptance: July 2, 2007
Camera Ready Paper Copy: August 30, 2007

All deadlines are firm; we will not honor extensions.

Papers must be original, unpublished work not under consideration
elsewhere. All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in
PDF format. Papers must not exceed 14 pages (US "Letter" size, 8.5 x 11
inches) including all material (text, figures and references). The font
size must be at least 10 points. Papers should be in two-column format
with no more than 59 lines of text per column and at least 0.75" margins
on all sides. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. The review
process is double-blind and hence, all submissions must be anonymized.
Selected papers of particular merit will be proposed for publication in
the ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.

For submission details, see the conference web site.

Demos: Demonstrations showing innovative research and applications are
solicited. SenSys is very interested in demonstrations of technology,
platforms, and applications of sensor systems. Abstracts of accepted demos
will be published in the SenSys conference proceedings. Submissions from
both industry and academia are encouraged. For submission details, see the
conference web site. A call for demos with submission dates, etc., will be
posted at a later point.

Posters: Posters showing exciting early work on sensor systems are
solicited. Areas of interest are the same as those listed in the technical
call for papers. While the poster need not describe completed work, it
should report on research for which at least preliminary results are
available. For submission details, see the conference web site. A call for
posters with submission dates, etc., will be posted at a later point.

Organization:

General Chair: Sanjay Jha (U. New South Wales)
Program Co-Chairs: Phillip B. Gibbons (Intel Research), Akos Ledeczi
(Vanderbilt)
Poster Co-Chairs: Nirupama Bulusu (Portland State), Rachel Cardell-Oliver
(U. Western Australia)
Demo Co-Chairs: Suman Nath (Microsoft Research), Max Ott (NICTA, Australia)
Workshop Chair: Andreas Savvides (Yale)
Student Award Chair: Alberto Cerpa, UC Merced
Local Arrangements Chairs: Subhash Challa (U. Technology, Sydney), Salil
Kanhere, (U. New South Wales)
Publicity Co-Chairs: Rajeev Shorey (GM Research, India), Guoqiang Mao (U.
Sydney)
Web Chair: Wen Hu (CSIRO, Australia)
Registration Chair: Ren Liu (CSIRO, Australia)
Publications Chair: Adam Dunkels, SICS
Finance Chair: Chun Tung Chou (U. New South Wales)
Steering Committee Chair: John Heidemann (USC)

Program Committee: Tarek Abdelzaher (UIUC), Gaetano Borriello (U.
Washington), Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth), Peter Corke (CSIRO, Australia),
Richard Han (U. Colorado),  Tien He (U. Minnesota), John Heidemann (USC),
Ted Herman (Iowa), Polly Huang (National Taiwan U.), Brad Karp (U. College
London), Phil Levis (Stanford), Jie Liu (Microsoft Research), Chenyang Lu
(Washington U. in St. Louis), Sam Madden (MIT), Miklos Maroti (U. Szeged,
Hungary), Margaret Martonosi (Princeton), Lama Nachman (Intel Research),
Kay Römer (ETH Zurich), Mani Srivastava (UCLA), John Stankovic (U.
Virginia), Subhash Suri (UCSB), Thiemo Voigt (SICS, Sweden)

Sponsors:
Academic sponsors: SIGCOMM, SIGMOBILE, SIGARCH, SIGOPS, SIGMETRICS, SIGBED
Corporate sponsors: University of New South Wales, CSIRO, National ICT
Australia, Arch Rock

=====================================================================
Call for Workshop Proposals
SenSys 2007: 5th ACM Conference on Networked Sensor Systems
Sydney, Australia
6-9 November 2007
http://sensys.acm.org/2007/Home.html
=====================================================================

WHAT TO SUBMIT: We solicit workshop proposals on new and emerging topics
in the general area of mobile and wireless sensor systems as well as their
corresponding services, and applications. Workshops will be Full Day on
Monday, November 6, 2007. The ideal proposal should focus on a specific
area, be of current interest, and be able to attract a number of
high-quality submissions. The proposal should be no longer than a few
pages and should clearly identify the theme of the workshop, specify topic
areas of interest to define the scope, and suggest potential program
chairs and program committee members.

HOW TO SUBMIT: Please send workshop proposals in PDF format by March
30, 2007, 12:00 midnight EST, to the workshop chair, Andreas Savvides
[[email-masked]]

IMPORTANT DATES:
  March 30, 2007:  Proposal submission deadline
  November 6-9, 2007:  Conference Days
  November 6, 2007:  Full Day Workshops, ACM SenSys 2007

We look forward to your submissions,

Workshop Chair
Andreas Savvides, Yale University

General Chair
Sanjay Jha, University of New South Wales

Yours sincerely,
Guoqiang

Guoqiang Mao, PhD
Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Information Engineering
The University of Sydney, Tel: +61 2 93512962    Fax: +61 2 93513847
Homepage: http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/~guoqiang

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet