Subject: [manet] IPSN'07 Tutorial on Acoustic and Seismic Wireless Sensing Systems, Call for Participation

From: "Vinayak Naik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:43:44 -0800

*Advance Registration Deadline: 4/13/07*
*Program Schedule:*

http://www.lecs.cs.ucla.edu/~naik/talks/acoustic-and-seismic-tutorial_ipsn-2007.htm

*Registration in Website:*

http://www.cse.wustl.edu/ipsn07.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Wireless sensing systems for acoustic and seismic monitoring: Hands on
tutorial

April 24, 2007  Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

Abstract:

In a half-day tutorial, we will give hands-on EXPLORATION OF  wireless
acoustic and seismic sensing systems. Both systems are based on a
common software and hardware platform, and share robustness and
scalability features.  Both the systems use battery powered sensor
nodes BASED ON AN XScale processor, running Linux, 802.11b radios, and
software written in EmStar.

    For each system we will describe the key components of the system
in detail, set up the array, demonstrate the use of the system, run
the self-configuration software, delve into the details of the
sampling and system software, and analyze data coming from the system;
we will also write some simple programs to modify the nodes behavior.

Speakers:

Lewis Girod (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Vinayak Naik (University of California at Los Angles)

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet