Subject: [manet] Draft Update: draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:26:57 +0100

Hi all,

I have submitted an update draft version (01 ==> 02). This draft specifies
CEQMM, a Complete and Efficient Quality of Service (QoS) Model for MANETs which
combines the positive aspects of both IntServ and DiffServ. CEQMM applies the
QOLSR protocol to support multiple-metric routing criteria and to respond
quickly when changes in topology and/or QoS conditions are detected.

Major changes from version 01 to version 02

   - Restructured draft in order to improve readability and modularity.

   - Enhancement of congestion Avoidance and Control mechanisms.

   - Providing scalable support for multiple classes of QoS guarantees.

Any comments on the subject are welcome.

Best regards

--H. Badis

Abstract

   This draft specifies CEQMM, a Complete and Efficient Quality of Service (QoS)
Model for MANETs which combines the positive aspects of both IntServ and
DiffServ. It uses a hybrid per-flow and per-class provisioning scheme. In such
a scheme, traffic of highest priority is given per-flow provisioning while
other priority classes are given per-class provisioning. To offer this scheme
and to ensure that certain packets receive higher priority transmission than
other packets, priority classifier, active queue management and packet
scheduler are integrated. CEQMM applies the QOLSR protocol to support
multiple-metric routing criteria and to respond quickly when changes in
topology and/or QoS conditions are detected. Once a path is chosen for one QoS
flow, CEQMM performs call admission control (CAC) at each intermediate node.
For only QoS flows of highest priority, a node can precede to soft and later
hard bandwidth reservation on links during the CAC process.  CEQMM implements
congestion avoidance mechanisms to prevent a network from entering the
congested state.  However, in MANETs, network congestion can still occur
frequently under mobility. In order to prevent performance degradation due to
mobility-triggered congestion, CEQMM uses congestion control scheme based on:
(i) rated control of best-effort traffic, (ii) path selection for best-effort
traffic, (iii) next hop maintaining for each QoS class (except the
high-priority class), (iv) active queue management and (v) backoff timer
method.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet