Subject: [manet] Call for Papers - LOCAN 2007

From: "Hannes Frey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:46:46 +0200

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
         Our apologies if you receive duplicates of this posting.
    Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------

  ***********************************************************************
  *                           CALL FOR PAPERS                           *
  *                                                                     *
  *                             LOCAN 2007                              *
  *                                                                     *
  *      The 3rd International Workshop on Localized Communication      *
  *             and Topology Protocols for Ad hoc Networks              *
  *                  http://ants.dif.um.es/locan2007                    *
  *                                                                     *
  *    In conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on     *
  *             Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems, MASS 2007             *
  *                   http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007                    *
  *                  Pisa, Italy, October 8 - 12, 2006                  *
  ***********************************************************************

SUBJECT AND SCOPE
-----------------
This workshop covers comprehensively the algorithmic issues in the hot area
of ad hoc and sensor networking. In particular, sensor networks are
currently recognized as one of the priority research areas (for example, a
multi-disciplinary program on sensors and sensor networks was launched in
2003 at the US National Science Foundation) and research activities are
booming recently.

This workshop concentrates on network layer problems like data communication
(routing, QoS-routing, geocasting, multicasting, broadcasting, etc.) and
topology control (neighbor discovery, power adjustment, neighbor
elimination, etc.). The main paradigm shift is to apply localized (or
greedy) schemes as opposed to existing protocols requiring global
information. Localized algorithms are distributed algorithms where simple
local node behavior achieves a desired global objective. Localized protocols
provide scalable solutions, that is, solFrom [email-masked] Wed Mar 28 14:47:56 2007
From: "Hannes Frey" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:46:46 +0200
Subject: [manet] Call for Papers - LOCAN 2007

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
         Our apologies if you receive duplicates of this posting.
    Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------

  ***********************************************************************
  *                           CALL FOR PAPERS                           *
  *                                                                     *
  *                             LOCAN 2007                              *
  *                                                                     *
  *      The 3rd International Workshop on Localized Communication      *
  *             and Topology Protocols for Ad hoc Networks              *
  *                  http://ants.dif.um.es/locan2007                    *
  *                                                                     *
  *    In conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on     *
  *             Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems, MASS 2007             *
  *                   http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007                    *
  *                  Pisa, Italy, October 8 - 12, 2006                  *
  ***********************************************************************

SUBJECT AND SCOPE
-----------------
This workshop covers comprehensively the algorithmic issues in the hot area
of ad hoc and sensor networking. In particular, sensor networks are
currently recognized as one of the priority research areas (for example, a
multi-disciplinary program on sensors and sensor networks was launched in
2003 at the US National Science Foundation) and research activities are
booming recently.

This workshop concentrates on network layer problems like data communication
(routing, QoS-routing, geocasting, multicasting, broadcasting, etc.) and
topology control (neighbor discovery, power adjustment, neighbor
elimination, etc.). The main paradigm shift is to apply localized (or
greedy) schemes as opposed to existing protocols requiring global
information. Localized algorithms are distributed algorithms where simple
local node behavior achieves a desired global objective. Localized protocols
provide scalable solutions, that is, solutions for wireless networks with an
arbitrary number of nodes, which is the main goal of this plan. Sensor and
rooftop/mesh networks, for instance, have hundreds or thousands of nodes.

The objective of the workshop is to present state of the art research
results on data communication and topology control in rapidly growing area
of ad hoc and sensor networks, with emphasizes on localized techniques.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Medium access control
* Analytical, mobility and validation models
* Hybrid networks and wireless Internet
* Security in ad hoc networks
* Data management, query processing, and data delivery in sensor networks
* Unicast routing, multicasting, and broadcasting
* Geocasting and anycasting
* Energy-efficient and bandwidth-efficient protocols
* Quality of service in medium access control and routing
* Topology construction and maintenance
* Neighborhood discovery and mobility management
* Localized protocols for duty-cycled sensor networks
* Sensor area coverage problems
* Auto-configuration and network formation protocols and algorithms
* Relative positioning algorithms
* Lower bounds on information exchange required for localized solutions
* Network graph properties supporting localized protocols
* Worst and average case analysis on the deviation from optimal solutions

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
Manuscript Submission: April 30, 2007
Acceptance Notification: July 15, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2007
Workshop Date: October 12, 2007

PAPER SUBMISSION
----------------
Papers must not exceed 10 single-spaced and two-column pages using at least
10 point size type on 8.5 x 11 inches pages. See style files, author
guidelines and instructions at the conference website. Accepted papers will
be included in the MASS main proceedings and will be published by IEEE
Computer Society Press.

Please submit papers via the EDAS system using the following link:
http://edas.info/5496. In case of trouble please contact
[email-masked].

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
-----------------
David Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, France
Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
-----------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, University of Murcia, Spain
Hannes Frey, University of Southern Denmark

Program Committee
-----------------
Will be announced on the workshop web site.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
----------------------
Additional information about the workshop will be continuously updated at
the LOCAN 2007 website:

                    http://ants.dif.um.es/locan2007

In urgent cases you might also contact the workshop organizers directly by
using the following mail address: [email-masked].

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet