Subject: [manet] Journal Special Issue on Wireless Telemedicine and Applications (EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking)

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:26:24 -0700 (PDT)

Journal Special Issue on Wireless Telemedicine and Applications
(EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking)

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcn/si/telemed.html

Wireless Telemedicine and Applications

Call for Papers

Wireless telemedicine, a growing new interdisciplinary field, calls for
innovation in information and communications technology for
facilitating reliable, comprehensive, and quality clinical care service
at a distance. It will eventually contribute to improving the quality
of healthcare of everyone. Though advances in wireless communications
and networking are vital to deliver telemedicine services, they also
face great challenges, for example the failure delivery of a service
may end up with loss of human lives. This is the motivation behind this
special issue.

This special issue focuses on the novel and practical ways, but solid
contributions, to improve wireless telemedicine and applications.
Papers that do not focus on wireless telemedicine and applications will
not be reviewed. Specific interests are (but not limited to) in the
following areas:

Network architectures for wireless telemedicine
Mobile service platform for continuity of healthcare
Complexity of wireless telemedicine systems
New sensor and medical RFID technologies
Network privacy and security in healthcare
Wireless network research issues to support healthcare
Wireless telemedicine applications
Electromagnetic interference issues
Signal processing techniques in wireless telemedicine systems

Authors should follow the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications
and Networking manuscript format described at the journal site
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcn/. Prospective authors should submit
an electronic copy of their complete manuscript through the EURASIP
Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking's Manuscript Tracking
System at http://www.hindawi.com/mts/, according to the following
timetable. 

Manuscript Due  June 1, 2007  
First Round of Reviews  September 1, 2007  
Publication Date  December 1, 2007  

Guest Editors:
Yang Xiao, Department of Computer Science, University of Alabama,
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0290, USA

Yi-Bing Lin, Department of Computer Science and Information
Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, 30050 Hsinchu, Taiwan

Ding-Zhu Du, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at
Dallas, Richardson, TX 75083, USA

Hui Chen, AutoZone, Inc., IT Department, Memphis, TN 38103, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet