Subject: [manet] IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Vehicular Communications (IEEE WiVeC)

From: "Miguel Sepulcre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:11:32 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Vehicular Communications (IEEE
WiVeC'07)
30th September - 1st October 2007, Baltimore, USA
Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, 202 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD, USA,
21202

http://www.ieee-wivec.org

Sponsored by the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (VTS)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wireless vehicular communications has been identified as a key technology
for increasing road safety and transport efficiency, and providing Internet
access on the move to ensure wireless ubiquitous connectivity. The potential
of this technology has been acknowledged with the establishment of ambitious
research programs worldwide, such as the European eSafety initiative, the US
programs derived from the Intelligent Vehicle Initiative and the Japanese
InternetITS and AHS programs.

The IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) currently covers through its
areas of interest (Mobile Radio, Transportation Systems and Automotive
Electronics) all technical aspects needed to make wireless vehicular
communications a reality. As a result, the IEEE VTS society has decided to
establish a technical symposium on wireless vehicular communications, with
the first issues planned to be co-located with the reputed IEEE VTC
conferences.

The IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Vehicular Communications
(WiVeC) will cover all vehicular wireless communications aspects of
Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) and
Vehicle-to-Person (V2P) communications, including implications on transport
efficiency and safety, implications on automotive electronics, liability
issues, standardizations efforts and spectrum assignment.

The first IEEE WiVeC symposium will be collocated with the 66th IEEE
Vehicular Technology Conference and will take place at the Renaissance
Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore on the 30th September and 1st October 2007.
Combined registrations packages will be offered to attendees to WiVeC and
VTC conferences.

Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by the
IEEE and will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library. A selection of
the best five WiVeC papers will be published in a special issue of the IEEE
Vehicular Technology Magazine www.ieeevtm.org. Authors are encouraged to
submit full papers (a maximum of five pages) through the conference web
site.

Topics of interest
------------------
The WiVec Symposium seeks original papers - not published or currently under
review for another workshop, conference, or journal - in the area of
vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), and
vehicle-to-person (V2P) wireless communications. Areas of interest include,
but are not limited to:

* RF technologies, antenna design, physical layer and propagation models.
* Radio resource management and interference management.
* Spectrum assignment and EMC regulations.
* Architecture, networking protocols (including ad-hoc, routing, data
dissemination, etc) and their evalutation.
* QoS and cross-layer optimization design.
* Communications systems and technologies.
* Testbeds and simulation platforms.
* Interworking with sensor network technologies.
* In-car electronics and embedded integration of wireless vehicular
communications.
* Roadside infrastructure.
* Mobility management, mobility and vehicle traffic models.
* Digital maps and location technologies.
* Decision and control issues.
* Human-Machine Interface.
* Applications (Ecall, toll collection, traffic information, wireless
diagnosis etc.).
* Security, liability and privacy.
* Standards development, business models, policies (e.g., Cooperative
aspects of vehicular communication).
* Assessment of impact on transport efficiency and safety.
* Scalability issues in metropolitan-wide vehicular networks.

Submissions
-----------
Authors are encouraged to submit full length papers (maximum 5 pages)
following the submission guidelines provided at www.ieee-wivec.org Accepted
papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by the IEEE and
will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library.

A selection of the best five WiVeC papers will be published in a special
issue of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine (www.ieeevtm.org).

Organizing Committee (to be completed)
--------------------
General Co-Chairs:
- Mario Gerla, University of California (UCLA), USA
- Javier Gozalvez, University Miguel Hernandez, Spain

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
- Fan Bai, General Motors, USA
- Hannes Hartenstein, Karlsruhe University, Germany

Speakers Chair
- Timo Kosch, BMW, Germany

Panel Chair
- Jim Misener, PATH Berkeley, USA

Finance Chair:
- James Irvine, University of Strathclyde, UK

Important Dates
---------------
Paper Submission Deadline, 15 April 2007
Notification of acceptance, 22 May 2007
Camera-ready papers due, 8 June 2007

______________________________________________ 
LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. 
Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. 
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Miguel Sepulcre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:54:45 +0200

Topics of interest
------------------

Submissions
-----------

Speakers Chair

Panel Chair

Finance Chair:

Important Dates
---------------