Subject: [manet] Draft Update: draft-badis-manet-qolsr-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:12:43 +0100

Hi all,

I have submitted an update draft version (04 ==> 05), which
focuses on QoS in ad hoc networks using QOLSR.

draft URL:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-qolsr-05.txt

Major changes from version 04 to version 05

   - Restructured draft in order to improve readability and modularity.

   - Enhancement of oscillation-Avoidance at the source.

Major changes from version 03 to version 04

   - Generalization of QMPRs selection algorithm for all possible QoS
     metrics (QMPR-Metrics).  Instead of QMPRs computation based only on
     bandwidth and delay, any QoS metric can be used, which may be
     applicable in specific scenarios.  QMPRs-Metrics SHOULD be declared
     before QOLSR running.  Otherwise, bandwidth and delay are used as
     default parameters for the QMPRs selection.

   - Introduction of support for multiple interfaces.

   - A new algorithm for QMPRs selection.

   - QOLSR routes contain only QMPRs as intermediate nodes between a
     source destination pair.

   - Using the QOLSR protocol, a node keeps information about the next
     hop alone. So, it loses the ability to distinguish the part of used
     capacity that is induced by the given flow from other ones. There
     are cases in which a source node continuously changes a flow's next
     hop in response to the change of available bandwidth on its path
     and cannot tell apart the traffic induced by itself from traffic
     generated by other nodes. This situation is called the oscillation
     problem. Tow solutions are proposed to resolve this problem: at the
     source or distributedly by each hop in the path.

A more detail about QOLSR project, simulation code (under Opnet and NS-2) and
implementaion can be found at http://qolsr.lri.fr/

Any comments on the subject are welcome.

Best regards

--H. Badis

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet