Subject: [manet] UBIROADS'2007: CFP Deadline Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:53:54 +0200 (CEST)

[apologies for multiple postings]

*********************************************************************
********** CFP deadline extended to: Monday 16 April 2007 ***********
*********************************************************************
---------------------------------------------------------------------
                   CALL FOR PAPERS
---------------------------------------------------------------------

                     UBIROADS 2007
                      ===========
    1st International Workshop on ITS for an Ubiquitous ROADS
         http://www.giis2007.org/Workshops/ubiroads2007

             co-located with IEEE GIIS 2007
                http://www.giis2007.org/

                 Marrakech, Morocco
              Submission: April 16, 2007
               Workshop: July 06, 2007
=====================================================================

UBIROADS2007 workshop Overview

The Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) program is a universal
initiative whose objective is to add information and communication
technology to transport infrastructure and vehicles. It aims to manage
different factors in order to improve safety and comfort to
drivers/passengers, and reduce transportation times and fuel costs.
With the advances in wireless communications technology and positioning
systems many applications could become a reality.

ITS topics are attracting more and more academic and industrial players.
The goal of UBIROADS'2007 is to offer a unique forum to bring together
researchers and professionals from academia, government and industry to
share and discuss ideas, visions, applications and new results related to
ITS issues.

Relevant topics
----------------
Topics of interest for this workshop include but are not limited to the
following:
1. Wireless transmission: physical layer, RF level technologies for ITS
   communications, radio resource management, media access control
   and QoS support in ITS, antenna technologies for ITS communications.

2. Integration: embedded systems for ITS, system architectures, network
   architectures, cross-layer designs in ITS communications, real-time
   issues, sensors for ITS.

3. Networking: vehicle-to-vehicle V2V communications,
   vehicle-to-infrastructure V2I communications, Vehicle-to-Person (V2P)
   communications, algorithms and protocols for ITS and VANET, Internet
   access.

4. Simulation/emulation: models of traffic, scenarios and models of
   simulations for the road, emulation tools for ITS.

5. Experimentations: experimental platforms and testbeds for ITS,
   demonstrations, projects reviews, work-in-progress reports.

6. Security: authentication issues, PKI, distributed key management in
   VANET, confidence in VANET.

7. Applications: business models, active safety applications,
   passenger-oriented applications, new services for VANET, Advanced
   and Distributed Driver Assistance Systems, impact on road safety.

Submission Instructions
------------------------
Authors are encouraged to submit original contributions (maximum 6 pages,
IEEE two-column conference style) in English and in a PDF format.

Important dates
----------------
Submission Deadline:              April 16, 2007 (Extended)
Notification of acceptance:       May 11, 2007 (Extended)
Final paper due:                  June 1, 2007

Workshop Chair
---------------
  - Sidi-Mohammed SENOUCI, France Telecom R&D, France

Programme co-Chairs
--------------------
  - Christian BETTSTETTER, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
  - Bertrand DUCOURTHIAL, University of Technology of Compiegne, France
=====================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet