Subject: [manet] CFP QShine 2007 (Submission Deadline Postponed), August 14-17, 2007, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

From: "Dr. Xi Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:51:23 -0500

*Sorry for receiving multiple copies*

Call for Papers for QShine 2007

------------

The Fourth International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality,
Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine 2007)
http://www.qshine.org/
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, August 14-17, 2007

Sponsored by Create-Net and ICST
Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE and ACM

*******

Overview

The Fourth International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality,
Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine 2007) will focus on the research
challenges associated the design and implementation of large-scale wired and
wireless networks and distributed systems. Following the tradition of the
previous QShine meetings, QShine 2007 will feature prominent invited speakers as
well as papers by top researchers in the field.

*******

Scope

The QShine program committee solicits original papers describing both
experimental and theoretical results that address a wide spectrum of fundamental
issues associated with the design and implementation of large scale
heterogeneous networks and distributed systems. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to, the following:

Quality of Service provisioning
Design, implementation or architectures related to QoS-enabled networks and
distributed systems Scheduling, resource management, queue management, and
admission control
Game-theoretic aspects in wired/peer-to-peer/overlay/wireless networks and
distributed systems
Incentive engineering in wired/peer-to-peer/overlay/wireless networks and
distributed systems
QoS routing in wired/peer-to-peer/overlay/wireless networks and distributed
systems
Traffic analysis, traffic engineering, and traffic shaping in heterogeneous
environments
Middleware for wired, peer-to-peer, overlay, and wireless networks and
distributed systems
QoS-aware service composition in distributed systems
Security protocols and algorithms in wired, overlay and wireless networks
Pricing, billing, and resource allocation in wired, overlay and wireless
networks
QoS adaptation, modeling and measurements
Performance optimization in peer-to-peer and overlay networks
Scalability of large-scale overlay and wireless networks
Resilience of overlay and wireless protocols
Cross-layer protocol design in wireless networks
Energy-aware protocols and algorithms in wireless networks
Cross-layer performance optimization for energy, network lifetime, and capacity
Topology control for QoS support in wireless networks
QoS in WLAN, WPAN, WMAN and WiMAX (IEEE 802.11/15/16/20)
QoS support across heterogeneous wired and wireless subnetworks
MAC protocols with QoS support
QoS and survivability in mobile environments

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers of
particular merit will be selected for consideration of fast track publication in
ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (approved) or Elsevier Computer
Networks (pending approval).

*******

Keynote Speaker

Dr. Victor Bahl, Microsoft
(http://research.microsoft.com/~bahl)

*******

Paper Submission

QShine 2007 invites manuscripts that present original materials not previously
published in, or currently under review by, another conference or journal.
Submissions should be either full-length papers of up to 7 pages or short papers
of up to 4 pages (including all figures and references) formatted according to
http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html with font sizes of 10 or
larger. Full-length papers should report on completed work and will be
considered for oral presentations. Short papers should report on work in
progress or discuss open problems, and will be considered for poster
presentations. A separate abstract of no longer than 200 words should be
submitted as well. Submissions will be judged by their originality,
significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and correctness. All papers should
be electronically submitted in Adobe PDF format. Please follow the submission
instructions at http://www.qshine.org/submission.html to submit your paper.

*******

Important Dates

Paper submission deadline: postponed to April 2, 2007
Notification of acceptance: May 11, 2007
Camera-ready papers due: May 31, 2007
Conference: August 14-17, 2007

*******

Organizing Committee

General Chair
Victor C. M. Leung, University of British Columbia, Canada

General Vice-Chair
Sastri Kota, Harris Corporation, USA

Steering Committee
Imrich Chlamtac, (Co-Chair) CreateNet, Italy
Michael Fang, (Co-Chair) University of Florida, USA
Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, (Co-Chair) University of Waterloo, Canada,
Hisashi Kobayashi, Princeton University, USA
Ariel Orda, Technion, Israel

TPC Co-Chairs
Guoliang Xue Arizona State University, USA
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada

Poster Chair
Ekram Hossain, University of Manitoba, Canada

Publicity Chair
Xi Zhang, Texas A&M University, USA

Local Arrangement Chair
Lin Cai, University of Victoria, Canada

Workshop Chair
Giovanni Giambene, Universita' degli Studi di Siena, Italy

Sponsorship Chair
Panos Nasiopoulos, University of British Columbia, Canada

Publications Chair
Qian Zhang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China

Finance Chair
Karen Decker, ICST, USA

Conference Coordination and Registration
Kitti H. Kovacs, ICST, USA

=========================================================================
Xi Zhang                            Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. & Comput. Engin.     Phone: 979-458-1416
Texas A&M University                Fax:   979-845-2630
333N WERC Building                  Email: [email-masked]
College Station, Texas 77843, USA   URL http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang
=========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet