Subject: [manet] CfP: 18th Tyrrhenian Workshop on Digital Communications

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:55:47 -0500 (EST)

(Apologies for multiple reception of this CfP)

*** DEADLINE APPROACHING ***

============================================================
        PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS

     18th Tyrrhenian Workshop on Digital Communications
     Ischia island, Naples, Italy  September 9-12, 2007

                       Workshop theme
                  WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS

* OVERVIEW

The  Tyrrhenian workshop on  digital communications  is each
year  devoted to  a specific  theme in  the area  of digital
communications  and its  applications.  After  several years
the theme  of wireless communications return.   The scope of
the workshop  is a  friendly exchange of  ideas on  the main
research  lines in the  field of  the workshop  theme.  This
year we  have chosen  five chapters, and  to each of  them a
session has been devoted:

-4G wireless systems
-Sensor and ad hoc networks
-Security in wireless networks
-QoS  and efficiency  in  multimedia heterogeneous  wireless
 networks
-Wireless system applications

The  five  sessions  are  in some  sense  complementary  and
interlaced each  other.  Suggested Technical  areas included
in  the  sessions, but  are  not  limited, are:  modulation,
coding,  effects of  system  impairments, channel  modeling,
MIMO  and smart  antennas,  cross layer  and radio  resource
management,   protocols,  routing   in   wireless  networks,
cognitive radio, multimedia wireless communications, Quality
of   Service  architectures,  security,   architectures  for
security, etc.
Some sessions are specifically devoted to and we are looking
for  the  most  advanced  solutions  for  security  and  for
applications   of  wireless   systems   in  many   different
environment,  like multimedia  communications, infomobility,
health care, emergency situations, etc.

Interested  authors  are  invited  to submit  their  papers.
Authors could also submit  papers yet open for discussion in
the area of wireless  communications and its applications to
the poster session.

All submitted papers will  be carefully reviewed and, due to
the  limited space available  in the  sessions some  of them
could be proposed for the inclusion in the poster session.

* PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Authors are invited to  submit extended summary of the final
manuscript  of maximum  length  5 pages  including the  main
results  (figures,  tables)  electronically in  PDF  format.
Selection  of the  final manuscripts  will be  based  on the
extended summary.

Final manuscripts to be  considered as regular papers should
be limited  to 15 double-spaced pages.  Final manuscripts to
be considered for the poster session should be limited to 10
double-spaced  pages. Any  paper submitted  to  the Workshop
must  not  have been  published  in  or  submitted to  other
technical   conferences/journals.     Proceedings   of   the
Conference will be published as a book by Springer.

The web page of the workshop will be ready soon at
http://www.cnit.it/html/workshops/2007

* IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for extended abstract:               March 31, 2007
Notification of acceptance:                   April 30, 2007
Final manuscript submission:                    June 1, 2007

Workshop co-chairs
Shingo Ohmori, NiCT, Japan
Silvano Pupolin, University of Padova and CNIT, Italy

Technical Program Committee
Hiroyo Ogawa, NiCT, Japan
Anand Prasad, Docomo Euro-Labs, Germany
Kato Shuzo, NiCT, Japan
Michele Zorzi, University of Padova and CNIT, Italy

Publicity
Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA

Publications
Tomaso Erseghe,  University of Padova and CNIT, Italy

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.      Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering   312 Dana Research Center
Northeastern University            360 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02115
Tel. 617 373 3061, Fax 617 373 8970         E-mail: [email-masked]
***               http://www.ece.neu.edu/faculty/basagni/           ***

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet