Subject: [manet] MOBIQUITOUS 2007: Paper registration deadline approaching

From: "Antonio Capone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:33:23 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.

Paper registration deadline is approaching!
Paper Registration Deadline: March 13, 2007
Paper Submission Deadline: March 20, 2007

News: It is my pleasure to announce that MOBIQUITOUS 2007 is
Technical-sponsored by IEEE and IEEE Computer Society.

========================================================================
                          CALL FOR PAPERS

                          MOBIQUITOUS 2007
The 4th Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:
                  Computing, Networking and Services
                      http://www.mobiquitous.org
                 August 6-10, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA
                   In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
     Technical-sponsored by IEEE and IEEE Computer Society
                  Co-sponsored by Create-Net and ICST

========================================================================

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a 
promising new paradigm. Through the use of mobile devices and devices 
embedded in the surrounding physical environments, users can be provided 
transparent computing and communication services at all times and in all 
places. The complexity of providing such services stems from the fact that 
the communication devices and the objects with which they interact may 
both be mobile. The implementation of such a paradigm requires advances in 
wireless network technologies and devices, development of infrastructures 
supporting cognitive environments, discovery and identification of 
ubiquitous computing applications and services, and an understanding of 
the cross-layer interactions between all of these components. The Fourth 
Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: 
Computing, Networking and Services (Mobiquitous-07) will provide a forum 
where practitioners and researchers coming from many areas involved in 
ubiquitous solutions, design and deployment will be able to interact and 
exchange experiences needed to build successful ubiquitous systems. Areas 
addressed by the conference include applications, service-oriented 
computing, middleware, networking, agents, data management and services, 
all with special focus on mobility and ubiquitous computing. The conference 
publications will be considered for inclusion in the following places:
IEEE Xplore, SCI/ISI Web of Knowledge, Inspec, EI(Elsevier)/Scopus, DBLP, 
Directory of Published Proceedings (InterDok), The Collection of Computer 
Science Bibliographies(CSB), EBSCO, British Library, American Mathematical 
Society (AMS), Crossref, German National Library of Science and Technology.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished 
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are 
solicited. Technical papers clearly identifying how the specific 
contributions fit to an overall working solution are particularly of 
interest. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following feature 
topics as applied to mobile and ubiquitous environments:

- Ubiquitous architectures, systems and applications
- Wearable computing and personal area networks
- Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous
    (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi)
- Wireless Internet access in ubiquitous systems
- Ad hoc and sensor networks support for ubiquitous computing
- Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless networks
- Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
- Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Service and knowledge discovery, matching and composition mechanisms
- Location-based services and tracking in ubiquitous environments
- Context- and location-aware applications
- Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and mobile systems
- Context modeling, services and frameworks
- Toolkits, testbeds, development environments, and languages for
     ubiquitous computing
- Rapid prototyping of ubiquitous applications
- Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Mobile and ubiquitous data management and processing
- Data replication, migration and dissemination in ubiquitous environments
- Queries, transactions and workflows in mobile and ubiquitous environments
- Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled 
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors should 
prepare an Adobe Acrobat PDF version of their full paper. Papers must not 
exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including 
text, figures and references. The font size must be at least 10 points.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the 
international technical program committee. Accepted papers will be 
published in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular merit will 
be proposed for publication in the ACM/Kluwer Mobile Networks and 
Applications (MONET) journal.

WORKSHOPS: Several workshops will be run in conjunction with the conference.

The purpose of these workshops is to discuss work in progress and explore 
opportunities for new research related to mobile and ubiquitous systems: 
computing, networking and services. Proposals for workshops should be at 
most four pages in length and should be submitted to Dr. Suman Banerjee 
(suman at cs.wisc.edu) by February 1, 2007.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Workshop Proposal Deadline: February 1, 2007
Paper Registration Deadline: March 13, 2007
Paper Submission Deadline: March 20, 2007
Notification of Acceptance: May 4, 2007
Camera-ready Manuscripts due: June 4, 2007

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

GENERAL CHAIR:
Guohong Cao, The Pennsylvania State University

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR:
Robin Kravets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:
Anind Dey, Carnegie Mellon University
Hui Lei, IBM Research

WORKSHOP CHAIR:
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin-Madison

DEMO CHAIR:
Hao Zhu, Florida International University

POSTER CHAIR:
Al Harris, Universita di Padova
Dong Xuan, Ohio State University

FINANCE CHAIR:
Karen Decker, ICST

PUBLICATION CHAIR:
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue university

PUBLICITY CHAIR:
Antonio Capone, Politecnico di Milano
Wensheng Zhang, Iowa State University

LOCAL CHAIR:
Zhen Jiang, West Chester University of Pennsylvania

WEB CHAIR:
Hui Song, Penn State University

CONFERENCE COORDINATOR
Zita Rozsa, ICST

STEERING COMMITTEE
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net (chair)
Fausto Giunchiglia, University of Trento
Tom La Porta, Penn State University
Francesco De Pellegrini, Create-Net
Chiara Petrioli, Universita di Roma "La Sapienza"
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County
Michele Zorzi, Universita di Padova

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
See  http://www.mobiquitous.org

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet