Subject: RE: [manet] RE: draft-boot-manet-nemo-analysis-00.txt

From: "Teco Boot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:14:26 +0100

Joe wrote:
> Cost-based metrics, not necessarily hop count, for many real world MANET
> protocols (e.g., OLSR, MANET-OSPF) have been demonstrated.  There is also
> a
> Min-Max path selection problem which you do not discuss that would occur
> in
> more complex topologies.
> 

[Teco] 
I test in a life testbed, with OSPF / others.
It is almost a perfect copy of real deployment.

As long as there is not a dynamic (L2 based) metric on a per neighbor basis,
the WPF syndrome occurs. And no working solution yet. OLSR-ETX would be a
candidate mechanism. 

Jari Arkko asked us focussing on the (MANEMO) problem statement and not on
solutions. And he did not agree there is a need for L2 metrics.

I will check Min-Max.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet