Subject: [manet] CFP for International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
ISSN: 1687-6415

CFP 

Home page:
----------
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijta/

Author info:
------------
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijta/guidelines.html

Timeline:
---------
Open 

Calls for papers and special issue proposals:
-----------------
Both special issue proposals and papers are open for submission.

Scope:
------
The overall aim of the International Journal of Telemedicine and
Applications is to bring together science and applications of medical
practice and medical care at a distance as well as their supporting
technologies such as, computing, communications, and networking
technologies with emphasis on telemedicine techniques and telemedicine
applications. It is directed at practicing engineers, academic
researchers, as well as doctors, nurses, etc.

Telemedicine is an information technology that enables doctors to
perform medical consultations, diagnoses, and treatments, as well as
medical education, away from patients. For example, doctors can
remotely examine patients via remote viewing monitors and sound
devices, and/or sampling physiological data using telecommunication.
Telemedicine technology is applied to areas of emergency healthcare,
videoconsulting, telecardiology, telepathology, teledermatology,
teleophthalmology, teleoncology, telepsychiatry, teledentistry, etc.

International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications will highlight
the continued growth and new challenges in telemedicine, applications,
and their supporting technologies, for both application development and
basic research. Papers should emphasize original results or case
studies relating to the theory and/or applications of telemedicine.
Tutorial papers, especially those emphasizing multidisciplinary views
of telemedicine, are also welcome. International Journal of
Telemedicine and Applications employs a paperless, electronic
submission and evaluation system to promote a rapid turnaround in the
peer-review process.

Specific interests are (but not limited to) in the following areas:

Telemedicine Supporting Technologies: 

Network architectures for telemedicine
Wireless Telemedicine
Mobile service platform for continuity of healthcare
Complexity of telemedicine systems
New sensor and medical RFID technologies
Network/Data privacy and security in healthcare
Network research issues to support healthcare
Computing issues to support healthcare
Multimedia (video and voice) for telemedicine
Wireless telemedicine applications
Electromagnetic interference issues
Signal processing techniques in wired/wireless telemedicine systems
Interactive audiovisual and data communications
Telemedicine devices and peripherals
Database technologies for telemedicine
Standard Efforts for telemedicine
Tools and platforms for telemedicine
Legal and ethical issues for telemedicine
Quality of Telemedicine
Telemedicine sites experiences
Quality assessment and cataloguing for telemedicine application
E-nabled Access

Telemedicine applications: 

Emergency healthcare
Videoconsulting, telecardiology, telepathology, teledermatology,
teleophthalmology, teleoncology, telepsychiatry, and teledentistry
Distance Learning
Medical care delivery, diagnosis, consultation and treatment at a
distance
Medical education and the transfer of medical data
Nursing homes or retirement centers
Home monitoring for patients
Healthcare in the aftermath of disasters

International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications publishes two
types of issues: regular issues and special issues. Regular issues
publish collections of papers without special solicitation. Special
issues feature specifically aimed and targeted topics of interest
contributed by authors responding to a particular Call-for-Papers or by
invitation, edited by invited Guest Editor(s). Regular papers can be
submitted at any time, while special issue papers can be submitted only
based on planned schedules and submission guidelines of the
Call-for-Papers. Proposals for special issues can be submitted directly
to the Editor-in-Chief.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet