Subject: [manet] I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:04:51 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2008/2/26
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
        Author(s)       : J. Macker, S. Team
        Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt
        Pages           : 59
        Date            : 2008-02-25

 This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
 mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
 wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF specifies
 techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to assist
 the forwarding process.  SMF also specifies DPD maintenance and
 checking operations for with both IPv4 and IPv6.  SMF takes advantage
 of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET multicast data distribution
 within a mesh topology.  The document describes interactions with
 other protocols and multiple deployment approaches.  Algorithms for
 selecting reduced relay sets and related discussion are provided in
 the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to the operation of multicast
 MANET border routers are discussed but ongoing work remains in this
 area beyond the scope of this document.

 A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt

 To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
 [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
 the message.
 You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
 to change your subscription settings.

 Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
 username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
 logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt".

 A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
 http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
 or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

 Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

 Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
 In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-07.txt".

 NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

 Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
 implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
 Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
 I-D-Announce mailing list
 [email-masked]
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet