Subject: [manet] RFC 5148 on Jitter Considerations in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:03:45 +0530

Congratulations to everyone on completing this milestone.
Ian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:09 AM
Subject: RFC 5148 on Jitter Considerations in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

 A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5148

        Title:      Jitter Considerations in Mobile Ad
                    Hoc Networks (MANETs)
        Author:     T. Clausen, C. Dearlove,
                    B. Adamson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26379
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-jitter-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5148.txt

 This document provides recommendations for jittering (randomly
 modifying timing) of control traffic transmissions in Mobile Ad hoc
 NETwork (MANET) routing protocols to reduce the probability of
 transmission collisions.  This memo provides information for the
 Internet community.

 This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of
 the IETF.

 INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
 It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
 this memo is unlimited.

 This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
 Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
 should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
 added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
 be sent to [email-masked].

 Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
 an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

 help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

 Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
 author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
 specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
 unlimited distribution.

 Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
 [email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
 Authors, for further information.

 The RFC Editor Team
 USC/Information Sciences Institute

 ...

 _______________________________________________
 IETF-Announce mailing list
 [email-masked]
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet