Subject: [manet] I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:04:19 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2008/2/26
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2
        Author(s)       : T. Clausen, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt
        Pages           : 78
        Date            : 2008-02-25

 This document describes version 2 of the Optimized Link State Routing
 (OLSRv2) protocol for mobile ad hoc networks.  The protocol embodies
 an optimization of the classical link state algorithm tailored to the
 requirements of a mobile ad hoc network (MANET).

 The key optimization of OLSRv2 is that of multipoint relays,
 providing an efficient mechanism for network-wide broadcast of link
 state information (i.e. reducing the cost of performing a network-
 wide link state broadcast).  A secondary optimization is that OLSRv2
 employs partial link state information: each node maintains
 information about all destinations, but only a subset of links.
 Consequently, only selected nodes diffuse link state advertisements
 (thus reducing the number of network-wide link state broadcasts) and
 these advertisements contain only a subset of links (thus reducing
 the size of network-wide link state broadcasts).  The partial link
 state information thus obtained still allows each OLSRv2 node to at
 all times maintain optimal (in terms of number of hops) routes to all
 destinations in the network.

 OLSRv2 imposes minimum requirements on the network by not requiring
 sequenced or reliable transmission of control traffic.  Furthermore,
 the only interaction between OLSRv2 and the IP stack is routing table
 management.

 OLSRv2 is particularly suitable for large and dense networks as the
 technique of MPRs works well in this context.

 A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt

 To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
 [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
 the message.
 You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
 to change your subscription settings.

 Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
 username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
 logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt".

 A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
 http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
 or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

 Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

 Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
 In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-05.txt".

 NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

 Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
 implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
 Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
 I-D-Announce mailing list
 [email-masked]
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet