Subject: [manet] Updated - draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:22:11 +0530

I have updated the manetid document based on the feedback received.

To clear up the "problem statement" question -  I've revised the introduction.

Introduction
This document defines a message TLV named MANET_ID.  The MANET_ID TLV
is used by a (DYMO) process to identify information as belonging to a
particular (DYMO) instance.  This specification enables multiple
instances of (DYMO) to run independently on the same node over the
same interfaces.

Therefore, the problem statement is:

How can we run multiple instances independently on the same node over
the same interfaces?

Please look at the updated document, and please email me with suggestions.

Regarding the concept itself, please feel free to extend the
discussion around the problem statement and the solution described in
manetid.

Thank you,
Ian Chakeres

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2008/2/2
Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MANET_ID TLV
        Author(s)       : I. Chakeres
        Filename        : draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2008-02-02

This document defines a message TLV named MANET_ID.  The MANET_ID TLV
is used by a (DYMO) process to identify information as belonging to a
particular (DYMO) instance.  This specification enables multiple
instances of (DYMO) to run independently on the same node over the
same interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet