Subject: Re: [manet] Route convergence time in proactive protocols

From: Alexander Morlang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:09:31 +0100

Breno Jacinto schrieb:
> Hello,

...

>    I'm aware that there are some practical lower layer limitations on
> performance, as previous research have shown (LUNAR, ad hoc horizon
> etc.). But, still my doubt remains if, for example, in OLSR, every
> node is really able to see a node that is five or more hops away from
> it, and vice-versa.

With the extensions mentioned by christopher, people used to get
internet access over up to 16 hops in Freifunk Leipzig:
http://leipzig.freifunk.net/

Speed is somewhat limited in this case, as TCP is not really usuable
because of the high packetloss.

> 
>    I hope this is the right list for this type of question, if it is
> not, please apologize.
> 
> best regards,
> 

Alexander Morlang
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet