Subject: [manet] A Special Book on MANET QoS

From: S Sivavakeesar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 23:22:17 +0000

For those who are interested in pursuing research on MANET QoS, a special
book is now made available in amazon. Please check the following link for
more details:

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Service-Support-Mobile-Networks/dp/3838328523/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262476795&sr=1-1

*Short Blurb:*

Mobile Ad hoc NETworks (MANETs) are going to change the way humans
communicate and interact with each other. In the new era of ubiquitously
present communication and computing facilities creating smart-spaces, mobile
ad hoc networking will play a fundamental role to enable any-time, anywhere
and anyone networking. QoS provisioning in such networks is important in
order to reap the real-benefits of this new class of networking. QoS is a
multi-layer problem in MANETs and hence, it needs to be analysed in multiple
dimensions by taking a holistic approach. This monograph therefore delves
into this QoS issue step-by-step with a view to explain the complex problem
in a very simple way. In this respect, this monograph will become a vital
asset for any body to really understand this evolving communication and
computing system.

Thanks and sorry for the wide circulation.

Dr Siva Vakeesar