Subject: [manet] I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol
	Author(s)       : U. Herberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-04.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2010-07-08

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes objects for configuring parameters of the
Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) process on a router.  The MIB
defined in this memo, denoted NHDP-MIB, also reports state,
performance information and notifications.  This additional state and
performance information is useful to troubleshoot problems and
performance issues during neighbor discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:03:17 +0200

Hi,

I have submitted a new version of the NHDP-MIB-04. Here a summary of changes:

1.  Cleaned up and condensed text in the front material to this
draft.  Specifically, shortened the Configuration and State Group
sections, defering to the MIB as definitive.  Left the
Performance Group discussion primarily intact due to its  discussion
of base and derived performance objects and statistics and their value
to management and operations of NHDP.
2.  Added information identifying objects requiring non-volatile
storage within the DESCRIPTION clause of the objects within the
NHDP-MIB.
3.  Updated to the NHDP draft version 12.
4.  Changed type of several objects in the MIB (for timers, and
floating point values).
5.  Removed link-quality object for performance reasons (might have
required too frequent updates)
6.  Fixed many small editorial issues.
7.  Removed references to SMF- and OLSRv2-MIB. (similar to
relationship between NHDP and OLSRv2 draft)

I think the draft is pretty mature now, so I am positive that we could
issue a WG LC soon. I would like to ask implementers of the NHDP-MIB
to give us feedback.
We will also work on the OLSRv2-MIB and issue a new version until next Monday.

Ulrich

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>
>