Subject: [manet] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-manet-smf-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:04:09 -0700

New version (-12) has been submitted for draft-ietf-manet-smf-12.txt.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-12.txt
Sub state has been changed to AD Follow up from New Id Needed

Diff from previous version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-smf-12

IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:41:07 -0700

Hi,

I have looked through the new revision of SMF, and I am satisfied with the
changes. Thanks Joe for the effort!

Some nits:

- section 3: "a design goal is, that" (remove comma)
- section 3: "[DHS08],and [DHG09]" (add blank before "and")
- section 5, bullet 7: "the TTL/hop-limit of the forwarded packet MUST be
decremented by one"; add:
", and the hop-count, if present, MUST be incremented by one."

Regards
Ulrich

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:38:06 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for the effort of Joe and SMF team.
I'm satisfied with the new version of SMF. Just some nits:

======================
In section 6.1:

An SMF implementation MUST be
   configured to operate either in H-DPD or I-DPD mode, and perform the
   corresponding tasks, outlined in Section 6.1.1 and Section 6.1.3.

H-DPD is in section 6.1.2, and I-DPD is in section 6.1.3, right?
======================

section 6.1.1:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                     ...              |0|0|0| SMF_DPD | Opt. Data Len |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |H|  DPD Identifier Option Fields or Hash Assist Value  ...
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                   IPv6 SMF_DPD Hop-by-Hop Header Option

   "Option Type" = (Lower 5 bits pending IANA assignment, highest order
   MUST be 000).  By having these three bits be zero, this specification
   requires that routers not recognizing this option type should skip
   over this option and continue processing the header and that the
   option must not change en route [RFC2460].

two problems:
1. the figure is not numbered.
2. In the figure of new version, OptType is changed from SMF_DPD, but in
the following text, it is still "Option Type"

===========================

regards

-- 
Jiazi YI

www.jiaziyi.com
Postdoctoral researcher
Hipercom@LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
91128 Palaiseau Cedex France