Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:29:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MANET Cryptographical Signature TLV Definition
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Thomas Heide Clausen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   This document describes general and flexible TLVs (type-length-value
   structure) for representing cryptographic signatures as well as
   timestamps, using the generalized MANET packet/message format
   [RFC5444].  It defines two Packet TLVs, two Message TLVs, and two
   Address Block TLVs, for affixing cryptographic signatures and
   timestamps to a packet, message and address, respectively.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-04.txt

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:19:18 -0700

Hi,

I have updated the packetbb-sec draft. The major change is Chris' request to
make a general framework for signatures (with TLV type extension 0), and a
specific decomposition of a signature into a cryptographic function over a
hash value (with type extension 1). Other type extensions can thus be
specified.

Please provide comments on the draft.

I have also updated draft-herberg-manet-nhdp-sec to reference to the new
packetbb-sec. The draft certainly requires a bit more work, but so far I
have not received much feedback whether the working group is interested in
this work (and would like to adopt it as WG draft). Please provide comments
and feedback if you are interested in that draft.

Ulrich

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working
> Group of the IETF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>