Subject: [manet] Agenda and slides

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:56:02 -0700

Hi all,

the MANET WG meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 26, 2011, at 1520-1700
and continues at 1710-1810 in room 208 AB.

Please note the agenda of the meeting:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/agenda/manet.txt

If you have any comments, suggestions on the agenda or requests for
additional slots, please contact the WG chairs (or me).

I also ask the presenters to send me their slides until next Monday.

Best regards
Ulrich

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:40:57 -0400

Hi,

could I please remind all presenters to submit their slides as soon as
possible? From a number of presenters, I have not yet received the slides.

Thanks in advance
Ulrivh

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the MANET WG meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 26, 2011, at
> 1520-1700 and continues at 1710-1810 in room 208 AB.
>

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:32:41 +0100

I have just uploaded a new version of the OLSRv2 ID, the first to
incorporate
metrics. Unfortunately time ran out before we could finish it
completely, and
the section and appendix on calculating MPRs have not yet been updated
(the draft points this out). We hope however that what is there is
enough to
show we are nearly there, and before this afternoon's meeting (which
unfortunately I won't be at, even disembodied).
 
While mainly following the plan laid out in the link metrics draft
(which is now
history) we have made a few simplifications and improvements. The most
significant of these we hope meets some comments made on the list. A
brief summary follows, but for details see the draft.
 
Link metrics were using a 4+4bit exponent/mantissa form that ranged from
about 16 to 2^20. They now use a 4+8 modified exponent/mantissa form
that
ranges from 1 to just less than 2^24 (hence with 32 bit route metrics).
These
12 bits occupy the last 12 bits of a now 2 octet value field, the first
4 bits
now being 4 flags that indicate the type(s) of metric: incoming/outgoing
and
link/neighbor (neighbor metric being the formerly named router metric
that is
the minimum metric to a neighbor). This replaces a rather arcane use of
2
bits in the type extension field for this information, so now the type
extension has a clean meaning of link metric type (increasing the number
possible from 64 to 256 - where in this draft we just define 0 as
administrative action, i.e. it's your MANET, you should know what this
means).

Feedback welcome of course. We'll be trying (non-IETF workloads
permitting)
to get another draft out with the missing pieces (currently partly
written)
in, and with a proper read through and clean-up that we've also not
found
time for. Please let us know any nits you find - depending on how fast
you
are we may have already found them, but may not have.

Hope those of you in Quebec City have a successful meeting and trip.

Christopher

--
Christopher Dearlove
Technology Leader, Communications Group
Communications and Networks Capability
BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre
West Hanningfield Road, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, CM2 8HN, UK
Tel: +44 1245 242194  Fax: +44 1245 242124

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87,
Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ulrich Herberg
Sent: 26 July 2011 04:41
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] Agenda and slides

                    *** WARNING ***

  This message has originated outside your organisation,
  either from an external partner or the Global Internet. 
      Keep this in mind if you answer this message.
Hi,

could I please remind all presenters to submit their slides as soon as
possible? From a number of presenters, I have not yet received the
slides.

Thanks in advance
Ulrivh

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
wrote:

	Hi all,
	
	the MANET WG meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 26, 2011,
at 1520-1700 and continues at 1710-1810 in room 208 AB.

	If you have any comments, suggestions on the agenda or requests
for additional slots, please contact the WG chairs (or me). 
	
	I also ask the presenters to send me their slides until next
Monday.
	
	Best regards
	Ulrich

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************