Subject: [manet] PAWS and radio-to-router interfacing

From: Joseph Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:21:56 -0400

Since PAWS is a new working group on efficient spectrum access issues,
it was mentioned by the AD (Stewart)  at the Routing Open Area that
this should be made aware to the manet list as we proceed and discuss
radio-router interface issues.

Not so sure how far along PAWS but certainly a spectrum management
approach could be part of a more generic radio/router interface
design.

-Joe

---

From: Teco Boot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:47:11 +0200

Thanks mentioning this. I asked for an ad hoc network use case 
already and provided text to authors.

Why would PAWS be related to routing? Isn't this a lower layer thing?

Teco

Op 29 jul 2011, om 00:21 heeft Joseph Macker het volgende geschreven:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Joseph Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:30:53 -0500

I am not an expert on PAWS in particular, but cognitive radios or
dynamic allocations or deallocations would interact with events,etc
that are potentially radio-router interface relevant (Qos, Bandwidth,
delay,etc).

I think the point was its another IETF activity to be aware of and
potentially interact with where sensible..

-Joe

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:50:18 +0100

My primary concern here was to make the WG aware
of this activity. I can see MANET systems being deployed
on white space spectrum.

I am not sure whether there is an overlap, but better
to confirm none than have one IETF WG do something
in conflict with the needs of another IETF WG.

One area that might impact routing is the need to
minimize disruption when a set of channel leases expire
which may happen on a time or distance based schedule.

Stewart

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:09:57 -0400

Agreed, there needs to be a sync-up. I'll reach out to them.

Regards,
Stan

---

From: "L. Aaron Kaplan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:55:13 +0600

> of this activity. I can see MANET systems being deployed

+1 and I would really like such an idea ;-)