Subject: [manet] RFC 6622 on Integrity Check Value and Timestamp TLV Definitions for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6622

        Title:      Integrity Check Value and Timestamp 
                    TLV Definitions for Mobile Ad Hoc 
                    Networks (MANETs) 
        Author:     U. Herberg, T. Clausen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 48083
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6622.txt

This document describes general and flexible TLVs for representing
cryptographic Integrity Check Values (ICVs) (i.e., digital signatures
or Message Authentication Codes (MACs)) as well as timestamps, using
the generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) packet/message format
defined in RFC 5444.  It defines two Packet TLVs, two Message TLVs,
and two Address Block TLVs for affixing ICVs and timestamps to a
packet, a message, and an address, respectively.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC