Subject: [manet] SUNSET (open source framework for underwater sensor networks)

From: Chiara Petrioli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:42:25 +0200

Dear colleagues,

We are releasing SUNSET  (La Sapienza University Networking framework for
underwater Simulation Emulation and real-life Testing). SUNSET is a new
open source solution, developed by the UWSN SENSES Lab Group, to seamlessly
simulate (using ns2), emulate and test  at sea novel communication
protocols for underwater communications.

We have extensively used it for in field tests for two years, and we are
now releasing it to the research community believing it can speed up
significantly  research in the field of underwater sensor networks.   It
allows to seamlessy use the same code for simulating, emulating and
experimenting at sea solutions for UWSNs. You can find information on
SUNSET and on our activities here

Underwater wireless sensor network group:

http://reti.dsi.uniroma1.it/UWSN_Group/

SENSES laboratory:

http://reti.dsi.uniroma1.it/SENSES_lab/

Best Regards

Prof. Chiara Petrioli

Director, SENSES lab

Computer Science Department

University of Rome La Sapienza

E-mail: [email-masked]