Subject: [manet] Take a breath over the weekend, please

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 23:10:58 +0100

Hi,

The discussion here seems to be getting a little more heated than might be
considered productive. Please have a break over the weekend and come back on
Monday with your technical discussions.

FWIW, Stan is a WG co-chair and an author of DLEP. I am confident that he
separates the two, and that Joe will take all management actions (including and
especially consensus calls) wrt DLEP.

If you have concerns about a WG chair's behavior you have every right to call
them on it, but do be sure you have the back-up for what you say, and understand
that I am the next person you should complain to. I will expect to be shown
evidence in a put-up or shut-up fashion.

One further point of note is that DLEP is a working group document. The authors
are custodians of the text on behalf of the WG, and although they are expected
to lead the editing and generation of new text, the WG can drive the content
through discussion on the mailing list (with consensus calls if necessary).
Understanding how rough consensus works is fundamental to the operation of the
IETF and all of us (even ADs) find ourselves in the rough from time to time.

Thanks,
Adrian