Subject: [manet] RFC 6779 on Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6779

        Title:      Definition of Managed Objects for 
                    the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol 
        Author:     U. Herberg, R. Cole,
                    I. Chakeres
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 131403
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6779.txt

This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it describes objects for configuring
parameters of the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) process on a
router.  The MIB module defined in this document, denoted NHDP-MIB,
also reports state, performance information, and notifications about
NHDP.  This additional state and performance information is useful to
troubleshoot problems and performance issues during neighbor
discovery.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:50:11 +0100

Congrats, guys - and thanks. MIBs are a drag to work up right, and you've done a splendid job!

Thomas

-- 
Thomas Heide Clausen
http://www.thomasclausen.org

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for 
  experiments, and they wander off through equation 
  after equation, and eventually  build a structure 
  which has no relation to reality."
 - Nikola Tesla, 
    Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July, 1934

On 31 oct. 2012, at 21:39, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet