Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:47:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2
	Author(s)       : Thomas Heide Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Philippe Jacquet
                          Ulrich Herberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-16.txt
	Pages           : 108
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   This specification describes version 2 of the Optimized Link State
   Routing (OLSRv2) protocol for Mobile Ad hoc NETworks (MANETs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:18:06 +0200

In Section 6.2 the names of the variables a and b have been switched.
Was there a specific reason for this or do I managed to miss some real
change?

Henning Rogge

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

-- 
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."

---

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:22:44 +0200

Henning,

Yes, there was a very good reason: to render consistent with RFC5497 (TimeTLV), which also uses the exponent-mantissa encoding.

Thomas

Sent from my iPad

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:37:06 +0200

Thank you, that explains it nicely. :)

Henning

---

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:53:06 +0200

You're welcome - yeah, we thought that consistency in notation was a good argument :D

Sent from my iPad

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:58:14 +0000

Just to be picky, RFC 5497 uses a similar but slightly different encoding. But it still seemed sensible to keep as close to it as we could. (This one is a thanks to I think Thomas who caught that I'd switched them.)

-- 
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group
Communications, Networks and Image Analysis Capability
BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre
West Hanningfield Road, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, CM2 8HN, UK
Tel: +44 1245 242194 |  Fax: +44 1245 242124
[email-masked] | http://www.baesystems.com

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Heide Clausen
Sent: 03 October 2012 09:23
To: Henning Rogge
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-16.txt

----------------------! WARNING ! ----------------------
This message originates from outside our organisation,
either from an external partner or from the internet.
Keep this in mind if you answer this message.
Follow the 'Report Suspicious Emails' link on IT matters
for instructions on reporting suspicious email messages.
--------------------------------------------------------

Henning,

Thomas

Sent from my iPad

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:59:52 +0200

Yeah... the sourcecode for both is similar but not equal (especially
because of the 1/1024 factor in timetlv).

Henning Rogge