Subject: [manet] Lossy MANET (LMANET)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:44:42 +0200

Hi Henning,

comments in line

On 10/15/12, Henning Rogge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I call thoes: Lossy MANET = LMANET
>
> Has there ever been a MANET without lossy links, except for the ones
> in simulation (NS2, wifi, tworay-ground)?

It depends how you define *link* some define it as the wireless
interface, so Yes some times there is a possibility of *Lossy Link*,
but if you define *link* as the wireless medium then your right all
wireless-links are lossy. There are difference between Lossy MANET,
and Lossy MANET-Links.

Also it depends how the *Routers* define such *links*. MANET-Links may
be logical links or physical links, both can be lossy or not. IMO,
AODVv2 and OLSRv2 have logical links not physical.

AB

>
> Henning Rogge
> --
> Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
> billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
> was before the present government."
>