Subject: [manet] Terminology simplifications

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:25:48 -0800

Hello folks,

The term "HandlingRtr" appears in various places of the AODVv2
specification.  Most of the appearances are located in section 7.5,
"Handling a Received RteMsg".  It turns out that the section reads
quite well if "HandlingRtr" is simply replaced by "the router", as
long as it is made clear in the beginning of the section that the
router under discussion is the router handling the RteMsg.

I propose to make this change, and to investigate whether other
instances of "HandlingRtr" are amenable to better wordsmithing.

According to the earlier discussion about "useless", I propose
to replace existing instances of "useless" by "redundant".  Then,
section 7.6 becomes "Suppressing Redundant RteMsgs".

Another aspect of simplification would be to replace occurrences
of "RteMsg" by "RREQ" within section 7.6, since the specification
does not mandate suppressing redundant RREP messages.  Such
redundant RREP messages typically would not occur unless the
optional feature in section 13.4 were implemented.  With this
additional change, section 7.6 would be entitled
"Suppressing Redundant RREQ messages".

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 04:37:04 +0100

> router under discussion is the router handling the RteMsg.

Agree

> instances of "HandlingRtr" are amenable to better wordsmithing.
ok
> to replace existing instances of "useless" by "redundant".

what about the draft mentions test of usefulness?

>  Then,
ok

> "Suppressing Redundant RREQ messages".

Yes agree,

AB