Subject: [manet] IETF last call and review of draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt (reminder)

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:15:58 -0500

draft-cardenas-dff is under consideration for publication as an AD-sponsored individual submission Experimental RFC.  I agreed to sponsor it for publication because it doesn't really fit in any existing working groups and the requested publication status is Experimental.  As part of the review process, the document is in a 2-week IETF last call.  The last call announcement is included below.  To ensure the quality of the document, it would be helpful to get reviews from manet WG participants (posted to the [email-masked] discussion list).

Expressions of an opinion about whether or not to publish the document, in addition to technical input to the authors, would be useful.

Thanks.

- Ralph

=====

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)'
<draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

 This document specifies the "Depth-First Forwarding" (DFF) protocol
 for IPv6 networks, a data forwarding mechanism that can increase
 reliability of data delivery in networks with dynamic topology and/or
 lossy links.  The protocol operates entirely on the forwarding plane,
 but may interact with the routing plane.  DFF forwards data packets
 using a mechanism similar to a "depth-first search" for the
 destination of a packet.  The routing plane may be informed of
 failures to deliver a packet or loops.  This document specifies the
 DFF mechanism both for IPv6 networks (as specified in RFC2460) and in
 addition also for LoWPAN "mesh-under" networks (as specified in
 RFC4944).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

 http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1645/
 http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1646/