Subject: Re: [manet] #16: The Reactive Protocol Duplicate Suppression Table

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:59:26 -0800

Hello Abdussalam,

There was a revision of AODVv2 that included RREPs in the duplicate
suppression table.  It did have the effect of making the description more
difficult to understand without additional benefit in the typical case
where RREPs are unicast.  For multicast RREP, there would be quite a
bit more benefit, but the use case for multicast RREP involves networks
with unidirectional links, which have not seen much attention lately in
the working group.  Moreover, the duplicate suppression table itself
would need to distinguish between RREQ and RREP messages if they
were combined in the same table, so logically speaking the table could
still be viewed as two separate tables.

If there is interest, handling multicast RREPs in a similar table could
be more explicitly specified in the document.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 1/19/2013 5:13 PM, manet issue tracker wrote:
> #16: The Reactive Protocol Duplicate Suppression Table
>
>   I agree with the proposed to add RREPs in table as RREQ for suppression as
>   below message, however, will need to discuss if there are side affects
>
>   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/manet/current/msg14472.html
>

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:10:27 +0100

Hello Charlie,

I agree, but why there is not much attention in the WG for unidirectional links?
Regarding RREP it can be optional, but I prefer one table for duplicate RteMsg,

AB