Subject: [manet] Feedback for NHDP implementers.

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:46:54 +0100

Hi,

after having quite some work to redesign my NHDP solution I would 
suggest everyone who wants to implement NHDP to test their 
implementation with all 11 examples in the RFC...

especially the last one.

Example number 11 can easily break NHDP implementations (it broke mine 
and it breaks the NRL implementation at the moment) and it is NOT an 
unreasonable case.

I think you can get a similar situation if a node with IPv6 stateless 
auto-configuration has a Manet running on to VLAN's of the same ether 
net card (you will get the same linklocal-IP). This will give a 
neighbors NHDP two links to a router, with the same IP's on the routers 
interfaces.

Henning Rogge
-- 
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:29:09 +0100

thanks for your advise, I am interested also to make my test as well.
Why your latest implementation did not pass the break, or what was the
main problem which was not understood,

AB

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:37:47 +0100

> main problem which was not understood,

My latest implementation does pass the test successfully.

One problem was that I had accidentally not implemented an independent 
link database for each local interface but one in total. This prevented 
me from storing multiple links with the same address on the other side.

You also have to keep an eye on your index data-structures, because this 
"same IP, different link" can easily break these.

Pointers/references between neighbor-addresses and link-addresses can 
create the same problem if you have multiple link-addresses mapping on 
the same neighbor-address.

Do you have an open-source implementation of NHDP? If yes I would like 
to get a link to the code.

Henning Rogge

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:45:51 +0100

Hi Henning,

I still not complete the NHDP implementation may take some time, but
like to send you link when completed to get your opinion, however,
thanks for your advise,

AB