Subject: [manet] DLEP Design Team

From: "Stan Ratliff (sratliff)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:01:03 +0000

Formation of a Design Team to investigate common metrics that are applicable to
a number of RF devices.

This is to announce the formation of a Design Team according to RFC 2418 section
6.5 and the IESG statement at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/design-team.html

The design team will investigate common metrics that are applicable to a number
of RF devices, with the goal being the inclusion of these metrics as standard
(or mandatory) metrics for DLEP implementations. Further, the design team will
discuss and recommend a strategy for dealing with radio devices capable of
committing bandwidth to a specific traffic class (e.g., available bandwidth is
allocated based on DSCP traffic markings).

The team is intended to provide input to the working group for open discussion
on the working group mailing list and is scheduled to report back to the working
group by 9/15.

The team members are
- Teco Boot
- Henning Rogge
- John Dowdell
- Rick Taylor
- Ulrich Herberg
- Stan Ratliff
- Joe Macker

Internally, the team will adopt the following milestones:

- Teco Boot : Investigate 3G/4G/BGAN Satellite modems and report
  on usable metrics by 8/16.
- Henning Rogge: Investigate Software Defined Radios (SDR) and
  WiFi metrics and report by 8/16
- Rick Taylor: Investigate Legacy Military Radios (e.g. EPLRS) with
 regard to metrics and report by 8/23
- John Dowdell: Investigate multihop Layer 2 mesh networks
  (e.g. the "Wave Relay" radio device from Persistent Systems)
  and report on viable metrics by 8/23.

An email list will be made for discussions between the DT members. The list will
be closed to posting from and subscription by other people, but the archive will
be open. Provisionally, this list will be called [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.