Subject: [manet] New Deadline for IoTT 2013 (International Workshop on Internet of Things Technologies)

From: "J.-R. Jiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:07:30 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Please find the attached CFP for the International Workshop on Internet of
Things Technologies (http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/IoTT2013/) to be held in
Seoul, Korea, on Dec. 15, 2013, in conjunction with the 19th IEEE
International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2013) (
http://aces.snu.ac.kr/icpads13/Home.html) sponsored by  IEEE and IEEE
Computer Society.

Submission Deadline
August 30, 2013  (extended)

Please consider submitting to this workshop, whose main focus is on the
latest cutting-edge research of IoT Technologies.

Regards,
Workshop Chair: Jehn-Ruey Jiang <[email-masked]>
National Central University, Taiwan

Call for Papers
IoTT 2013
The 1st International Workshop on Internet of Things Technologies
in conjunction with
The 19th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2013)
December 15-18, 2013
Seoul, Korea

PURPOSE AND SCOPE

The concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) is to connect anything at
anytime and anywhere with an Internet-like structure. The IoT stresses on
the machine type communication or Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication,
by which all devices, like home appliances, cars, vending machines,
industrial instruments, and data collecting sensors, are connected together
to provide service without human intervention. IoT technologies are shaping
our daily lives; many IoT applications are booming, including logistics
management, intelligent transportation, home automation, personal
healthcare, and so on.

There are many IoT-enabling technologies, such as RFID-capable,
Bluetooth-capable, and Zigbee-capable devices from the device domain
aspects, as well as the 3GPP Long Term Evolution/Long Term
Evolution-advance (3GPP LTE/LTE-A) networks, Wireless Local Area Networks
(WLANs), Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), and Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
(VANETs) from the network domain aspect. Many excellent studies related to
IoT technologies have been made in recent years. However, some open issues
are yet to be examined and discussed for realizing the IoT world.

The purpose of IoTT 2013 is to solicit original new ideas on general IoT
issues as well as on the design, development and deployment issues of both
device-domain and network-domain IoT technologies. The workshop aims to
facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both academics and
practitioners.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

   - IoT architectures, protocols, and algorithms
   - IoT device domain technologies (RFID, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
   - IoT network domain technologies (GSM, UMTS, LTE/LTE-A, WSN, VANET)
   - Performance evaluation of IoT technologies
   - Data management in IoT
   - Localization in IoT
   - Security, trust, and privacy issues in IoT
   - IoT tagging things technology and applications
   - IoT sensing things technology and applications
   - IoT shrinking things technology and applications
   - IoT thinking things technology and applications

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission:                    August 30, 2013
Notification:                     September 20, 2013
Author Registration:        September 30, 2013
Camera ready:                October 7, 2013

PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original,
unpublished manuscripts, not to exceed 6 double-columned, single-spaced
pages, to the workshop web site (http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/IoTT2013/).
Submitted papers should be in accordance with IEEE Computer Society
guidelines (http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting), and will
be refereed by reviewers in terms of relevance, originality, contribution,
correctness, and presentation. All accepted papers will be included in IEEE
Xplore and indexed by EI.

Program Chair
Jehn-Ruey Jiang <[email-masked]>