Subject: [manet] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multipath-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:13:27 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multipath-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multipath/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I reviewed the -12 version of this document, and had a comment I was
going to make about dropping packets when no contiguous path of
source-routing capable routers existed between the endpoints; but when I
went to quote the offending text, discovered that it has been fixed in
the ink-is-still-wet -13 version of the document, dropped one day before
the telechat.

To highlight for anyone else who has similarly reviewed the -12 version:
the only other non-editorial change I find is that avoiding fragmentation
has been demoted from normative to non-normative (see the last two
paragraphs of section 8.4). My intuition is that fragmentation is
sufficiently disruptive that normative language is called for here, but I
don't feel strongly about it.

---

From: Jiazi Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:57:35 +0200

Dear Adam, 

We appreciate your review and comments. 

> On 11 May 2017, at 08:13, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

As you mentioned, the normative language was used in the -12 revision. It was changed to non-normative based on the comments received from IETF LC (IIRC, from Alvaro?).
Generally speaking, fragmentation is harmful, but it won’t break the network. I’m fine with both. 

best

Jiazi

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet