Subject: [manet] DLEP LID Extension

From: Rick Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 07:53:36 +0000

All, 

I have just posted an updated version of DLEP Link Identifiers (LID)
Extension:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dlep-lid/

What's new in this version is that the new Data Item does not replace
the MAC Address Data Item, but complement it.

Also, I have attempted to improve the text to detail 2 of the expected
use-cases.

I intend to go into more detail on Thursday in the Manet WG meeting.

Cheers,

Rick

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:21:12 +0100

> the MAC Address Data Item, but complement it.

So this could be "orthogonal" to a potential "queue identifier" TLV,
which could be useful for flow control or service classes?

Henning Rogge