Subject: [manet] Fwd: Re: [ipwave] Rechartering

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:13:25 -0800

FYI — from the ipwave list (aka [email-masked]).

On January 24, 2018 at 12:07:53 PM, Sri Gundavelli (sgundave) (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for initiating the rechartering process. The initial work that the
group focussed on around, IPv6 over Requirements / 802.11-OCB is just the
enabler, but I tend to think we need to solve number of other problems for
Vehicular Connectivity, Road-side infra ..etc. I am very supportive of
this work and planning to contribute in the form of writing new proposals.

Regards
Sri

On 1/24/18, 2:25 AM, "its on behalf of Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Now that our first document is close to be shipped to the IESG for IETF
>LC, the chairs and AD are starting to plan on potential rechartering
>(as we anticipated in Singapore).
>
>There are a number of things people have discussed in the past,
>including the time of the BoFs. Now it is time to bring in the
>ideas and suggest them on the mailing list.
>
>Please, keep in mind some important considerations/constraints:
>
>- We will schedule time on the f2f session in London for rechartering
>discussion, _only if_ discussion has taken place on the mailing list.
>So please, do not wait for the call for presentations during the
>meeting to propose topics.
>
>- Our current charter includes a "Problem Statement" item, which is
>addressed in the document draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking.
>Obviously, potential topics for rechartering should be covered there
>(it will not make sense to work on topics that the community has not
>agreed to be important and remain unsolved).
>
>- A rechartering process will always take into account the energy level
>of the WG and the completion level of the current milestones. This
>means that we need to finish (submit to the IESG) our 2 documents
>before we actually start working on the new topics.
>
>Please, share your thoughts on the mailing list!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carlos and Russs
>
>_______________________________________________
>its mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

_______________________________________________
its mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its