Subject: [manet] DLEP LID extension

From: Eugene Reznik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 13:56:48 +0300

Hello,

I wanted to make sure that I correctly understand the
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02 .

The draft says in paragraph 3.1. that the default length of the link
identifier data item is 4.
However, in paragraph 3.2. it says that the default length of the link
identifier data item is 5.
The value of 5 made sense in previous drafts in presence of the Flags
field. The Flags field length was 1 octet, which led to the overall length
of 5 (4 octets of the link identifier plus 1 octet of the Flags field).
In this draft there is no mention of the Flags field.

Can you please clarify what is the correct default length of the link
identifier data item and whether the Flags field should be present?

Regards,
Evgeniy Reznik.

---

From: Rick Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 15:15:20 +0000

On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 13:56 +0300, Eugene Reznik wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I wanted to make sure that I correctly understand the draft-ietf-
> manet-dlep-lid-extension-02 .
> 
> However, in paragraph 3.2. it says that the default length of the
> link identifier data item is 5.
> field. The Flags field length was 1 octet, which led to the overall
> length of 5 (4 octets of the link identifier plus 1 octet of the
> Flags field).

Hi Eugene,

This looks like a typo.  The field length should be 4, not 5.  There
once was a Flags field, but as it had no obvious use, so it was
removed.  Obviously that part of the text wasn't updated to reflect the
change - I'll update in my working copy and it will be in any further
releases!

Thanks,

Rick