Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'DLEP Link Identifier Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:56:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DLEP Link Identifier Extension'
  (draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/

Technical Summary

   The Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) assumes that every 
   modem in the radio network has an attached DLEP router, and 
   requires that the MAC address of the DLEP interface on the 
   attached router be used to identify the destination in the network.

   This document describes a DLEP Extension allowing modems that do not
   meet the strict requirement above to use DLEP to describe link
   availability and quality to one or more destinations reachable beyond
   a device on the Layer 2 domain.

Working Group Summary

   There wasn’t anything of significant contention within the 
   working group regarding the document either in text or protocol 
   operation.

Document Quality

   There is an existing implementation of the protocol.  There is at least 
   one vendor who plans or has used the specification.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd:  Justin Dean
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana