Subject: [manet] IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics -- Special Section on Cyber-Physical Threats and Solutions for Autonomous Transportation Systems

From: Alessandro Brighente <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:37:19 +0200

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this 
message)

*Call for papers: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics*

*Special Section on Cyber-Physical Threats and Solutions for Autonomous 
Transportation Systems*
Theme: The rapid evolution of technology has radically changed our 
everyday lives from multiple points of view. Among the others, 
transportation systems are nowadays populated by smart and 
interconnected vehicles that need to communicate with each other and 
with critical infrastructures to orchestrate traffic and mobility. 
Transportation systems are hence operated through multiple technologies 
that need to cooperate to provide efficient delivery of goods and human 
mobility, as well as to provide security in the overall networks. The 
latter task is complicated by the fact that vehicles autonomously drive 
and cooperate in the network without human intervention. The overall 
transportation network can be therefore represented by a cyber-physical 
system, where a large number of sensors, actuators, and multiple 
technologies are connected and exchange information. To guarantee the 
overall network
security, attack detection and the design of suitable countermeasures 
play a fundamental role. The security of cyber-physical systems has been 
widely studied in literature. However, most of the proposed solutions 
target either the cyber or the physical threats, without providing a 
unified view able to detect and mitigate more complicated attacks. The 
purpose of this special issue is therefore to collect the latest 
research achievements in the cyber-physical threats and countermeasures 
in autonomous transportation systems.

This special section will focus on (but not limited to) the following 
topics:
- Methods for detection of cyber-physical attacks in transportation systems
- Design of countermeasures for cyber-physical attacks in transportation 
systems
- Hardware solutions for mitigating the attacks on controller area 
networks of automotive
- Protocol and semantics agnostic security solutions to automotive CPS
- Formal modeling of cyber-physical attacks in transportation systems
- Privacy preserving solutions for cyber-physical transportation systems
- Cyber-physical threats in platoons/swarms
- Scalability of the security solutions in autonomous transportation systems
- Blockchain solutions against cyber-physical threats in autonomous 
transportation systems
- Security testing of vulnerabilities in automotive CPS

*Manuscript Preparation and Submission*
Follow the guidelines in “Information for Authors” in the IEEE 
Transaction on Industrial Informatics 
http://www.ieeeies.org/pubs/transactions-on-industrial-informatics 
<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ieeeies.org%2Fpubs%2Ftransactions-on-industrial-informatics&data=04%7C01%7Cjianying_zhou%40sutd.edu.sg%7Cd4304ac2a62040f3e77e08d982891a58%7C3476b776e9904f72b95062489831623d%7C0%7C0%7C637684347638819475%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=xdCdoLEvt7aOxt3DdS8e13x4Om5QKquHhHiAwAd5EzM%3D&reserved=0> 
. Please submit your manuscript in electronic form through 
ManuscriptCentral web site: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tii 
<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmc.manuscriptcentral.com%2Ftii&data=04%7C01%7Cjianying_zhou%40sutd.edu.sg%7Cd4304ac2a62040f3e77e08d982891a58%7C3476b776e9904f72b95062489831623d%7C0%7C0%7C637684347638829473%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Nmjj9AXBsu8rAUpLrON31olPb1sGO7yA6Lprm4n41AA%3D&reserved=0> 
. On the submitting page #1 in popup menu of manuscript type, select:
SS on Cyber-Physical Threats and Solutions for Autonomous Transportation 
Systems Submissions to this Special Section must represent original 
material that has been neither submitted to, nor published in, any other 
journal. Regular manuscript length is 8 pages. Note: The recommended 
papers for the section are subject to final approval by the 
Editor-in-Chief. Some papers may be published outside the special 
section, at the EIC discretion.

Timetable:

   - *Deadline for manuscript submissions January 30, 2022*
   - Expected publication date (tentative) September 2022

*Guest Editors:*

  - Dr. Alessandro Brighente, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
  - Prof. Mauro Conti, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
  - Prof. Raadhakrishnan Poovendran, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
  - Prof. Jianying Zhou, Singapore University of Technology and Design, 
Singapore